So after 2 days with my new bb I have some gripes. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see certain stuff done differently. For example...

---

Problem: The inability to automatically download off-server images in an email. Lame. Yeah, I know why RIM makes you go through several button presses to do it. Still lame.

Fix: Don't treat me like I'm a child. Let ME configure email addresses so it will truly download inline images automatically.

---

Problem: When syncing with google calendar, only one all-day event will show in BB calendar in the week view. You have to go into the day view to find the other.

Fix: Allow two or more all-day events to show in the calendar's week view.

---

Problem: Only one calendar per email address. I have 4 different calendars on google. Personal, work, etc. etc. All different colors. They are all the same color on my BB. AFAIK BB doesn't even support different calendar categories?!

Fix: Multiple calendars per email address. **** even the Thunderbird addon Lightning makes BB calendar look like something from 1994.

---

Anybody else?
    10-17-09 08:16 PM
    Yah, chuck the java OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 08:18 PM
    The browser.

Blackberry's browser is a disgrace to the year 1995.

10-17-09 08:22 PM
    Probably 5,000 existing threads on this - but I'll chime in only because I'm bored and halfway into a 30 pack.

Chuck the OS from 1998 already please. If "gee who-knew they were still in business" frickin' PALM can come out with a vastly improved OS from THEIR stone-age period, YOU certainly can, RIM. Jeeezus.
    While we're on overhauling the OS, two words for ya:
    "Developer Supported".
    Ok? We clear on that?
    Otherwise you might find yourselves crushed underfoot of the up and coming Android behemoth.

I am SO tempted to say "oh, good you aquired Torch Mobile - like, 2 years too late.." But that would be mean-spirited probably, huh? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but I swear to GOD if you release something in 2 years that's 4 years behind what every other smartphone on the planet is using at the time - I will personally drive up to Canada just so I can drop my pants and dump ########## on the front lawn of RIM headquarters.

I'm counting on you, RIM - everything else I mostly love on my BlackBerry.
    Those would be the biggest areas of "improvements" I'd really wish to see before I die of old age.
    Or have moved on to a Motorola Sholes or whatever.

Going back to my nachos now.
    Keep up the good work.
    I love you, Man.
    10-17-09 08:59 PM
    rock on thanks for the post. I have seen lots of threads where 'gripes' are worked into the thread at some point--in fact MOST threads have gripes in 'em. But I DAFS and couldn't find one thread devoted only to it. Of course there are about 5000 posts a day here so I might have missed a few

Carry on.
    10-17-09 09:13 PM
    Three things:

1) Innovate!! Enough with the device that are knock-offs of
    existing RIM devices. If they are not going to build a TRULY new device
    or at the very least build a device the way it should be (less stingy
    on the addressable memory for instance) I could not care less.
    They now have devices with a trackpad. They are, as usual
    late to the party.

2) OS. Completely overhaul this outdated OS or prepare to be
    left behind by all but the most ardent BB fans. Seriously,
    1997 called and it wants its' OS back.

3) Now that they have successfully moved into the consumer
    space, someone needs to get their Marketing and Development
    teams in the same room so they can, you know, kinda, sorta,
    like, maybe, TALK TO EACH OTHER!!

How this strategy to saddles general consumers with the
    constraints of professional users came about is a mystery, but
    if it continues, it will be the death of RIM.

Consumers want a better browser, a more robust media player,
    Flash Support, etc..... Get it done.

Oh! and one more thing. Seeing that RIM is generally accepted
    as the preeminent Email device, how about revamping the
    Email client so we don't need a hodgepodge of third party apps
    to do some of the simplest things, like Add To Calendar, etc...
    10-17-09 09:26 PM
    Dear RIM,

Please sh!t or get off the pot. We're tired of waiting on you to catch up with new and innovative technology.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Blackberry Loyalists
    10-17-09 10:21 PM
    Oh! and one more thing. Seeing that RIM is generally accepted
    as the preeminent Email device, how about revamping the
    Email client so we don't need a hodgepodge of third party apps
    to do some of the simplest things, like Add To Calendar, etc...
    I guess this is my biggest problem with the BB. It's supposedly the go-to device for calendaring and email, yet its functionality is really limited in those very areas. No calendar categories? Awful month view? Please.

Oddly, the thing that has most surprised me with my Tour has been the capabilities of the browser. Sure it ain't the same as an iPhone, but I was pleasantly surprised at how accurately it rendered pages. It's a nightmare to use with a trackball of course.
    10-17-09 10:52 PM
    Yah, chuck the java OS.

Well actually what is wrong with the java os?? Android is based off Java as well and Android is pretty cool but I still love my bb.. Rim should rewrite the os and use a linux kernel, add flash support, tabs and update the browser and it still could be compiled with a java compiler.

Another change would be to allow apps to run off of the memory card and any internal storage besides the ram.

With an os update to run under a linux kernel would open up the whole lack of apps because we would be able to run a lot of open source apps as well as have a lot better memory handling.

Cheers,
    Charlie
    10-17-09 11:08 PM
    Ok I just found another one.

---
    Problem: The password stored for the voicemail number is SHOWN IN THE CALL LIST after you dial your voicemail. This is a security risk!

Fix: Don't let the phone show the VM password!
    ---
    10-18-09 12:05 AM
    Ok I just found another one.

---
    Problem: The password stored for the voicemail number is SHOWN IN THE CALL LIST after you dial your voicemail. This is a security risk!

Fix: Don't let the phone show the VM password!
    ---
    LMFAO!! That's funny now.....
    10-18-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD