I am leaving T-mobile and moving to Verizon. I am going to get the BB 9930 and the I4s. Should I buy both phones with plans or should I buy 2 phones with 1 plan and switch them out? How easy will it be to switch out with Verizon? It's easy with T-mobile due to the sim card. I could also use the I4s for personal and the BB 9930 for business. Anyone have any recommendations either way? TIA
    10-08-11 03:45 PM
    Better off having two lines. Switching between CDMA devices every day (on the same line) will get annoying fast.
    Gucci33 likes this.
    10-08-11 03:59 PM
    Better off having two lines. Switching between CDMA devices every day (on the same line) will get annoying fast.
    So if I went with at&t it would be easier cause it's gsm? TIA
    10-08-11 04:04 PM
    I would have to agree that 2 phones on different plans would be much better.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-08-11 at 05:15 PM.
    Gucci33 likes this.
    10-08-11 04:06 PM
    I would have to agree thatr 2 phones on different plans would be much better.
    How do you like the speed on the 9930?
    10-08-11 04:16 PM
    So if I went with at&t it would be easier cause it's gsm? TIA
    Yes it would be much easier on AT&T. It would be exactly the same as T-Mobile SIM switching. The iPhone 4/4S uses a microSIM though, not sure about the 9900.

Remember to keep coverage in mind as well. It is better to pay more for better service than less for convenience. Unless AT&T offers good coverage in your area. For me, they do, but my iPhone 3G/3GS, Bold 9000/9700 dropped calls all the time. Since coming to VZW over 2 years ago, my Droid, Droid X and iPhone 4 have dropped 2-4 calls combined. Probably even less.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-11 04:19 PM
    Yes it would be much easier on AT&T. It would be exactly the same as T-Mobile SIM switching. The iPhone 4/4S uses a microSIM though, not sure about the 9900.

Remember to keep coverage in mind as well. It is better to pay more for better service than less for convenience. Unless AT&T offers good coverage in your area. For me, they do, but my iPhone 3G/3GS, Bold 9000/9700 dropped calls all the time. Since coming to VZW over 2 years ago, my Droid, Droid X and iPhone 4 have dropped 2-4 calls combined. Probably even less.
    Verizon is better service for me as well. I will have to check into the microsim question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 04:35 PM
    How do you like the speed on the 9930?
    For the new OS 7 devices there truly is not much I do not like about the 9930 and the speed is there for sure. No matter what Zi do I guess I just have good luck with BBs and don't get the same problems as others so right now I am very pleased with and I know you will be too, I think as a side not I think you will be happy with the new iPhone 4s as well. No reason to not have 2 great phones on VZW.
    10-08-11 05:18 PM
    For the new OS 7 devices there truly is not much I do not like about the 9930 and the speed is there for sure. No matter what Zi do I guess I just have good luck with BBs and don't get the same problems as others so right now I am very pleased with and I know you will be too, I think as a side not I think you will be happy with the new iPhone 4s as well. No reason to not have 2 great phones on VZW.
    Excited for 2 new phones with new service that's for sure!

10-08-11 09:41 PM
    The iPhone 4S has a Pentaband GSM HSPA+ Radio, so whether you're on AT&T, T-Mobile, or overseas you can use the same phone everywhere and get at least a 7.2 Mbps 3G connection.

That's quite a bit of a perk.

Before now you could barely find phones with that kind of radio in them outside of Nokia.
    10-08-11 11:44 PM
    The iPhone 4S has a Pentaband GSM HSPA+ Radio, so whether you're on AT&T, T-Mobile, or overseas you can use the same phone everywhere and get at least a 7.2 Mbps 3G connection.

That's quite a bit of a perk.

Before now you could barely find phones with that kind of radio in them outside of Nokia.
    I know makes me think att for more speed over Verizon but I hate them so who knows.

10-09-11 12:19 AM
    This "world phone" crap is only for cdma users, gsm users have service all over the world already, it's the cdma users that need the gsm radio once they get out of the contry.

Basically all european iphone 4s will have a useless extra radio in there.

Jake Storm likes this.
    10-09-11 05:00 AM
    I would have to agree that 2 phones on different plans would be much better.
    10-09-11 05:02 AM
    Has anybody figured out yet that iphone 4s will be faster on AT&T yet? CDMA carriers are screwed.

10-09-11 05:02 AM
    Has anybody figured out yet that iphone 4s will be faster on AT&T yet? CDMA carriers are screwed.

I realized this last night.

10-09-11 08:10 AM

I realized this last night.

10-09-11 08:33 AM
    Why wouldn't you just take the first step and just get an iP4S with no BB? This way you could see if this device could handle all your needs. It has better everything (including battery), so no real reason to get a BB unless you like a keyboard or BBM. If you don't like it the resale is very high and could likely net you a BB 99xx.

Myself, I am trying to get to one device not have multiple devices like GPS, camera, phones, beepers, walkmen, etc
    10-09-11 08:39 AM
    2 phones on 2 plans seems much more productive. Hope you enjoy your new devices!
    10-09-11 08:53 AM
    Why wouldn't you just take the first step and just get an iP4S with no BB? This way you could see if this device could handle all your needs. It has better everything (including battery), so no real reason to get a BB unless you like a keyboard or BBM. If you don't like it the resale is very high and could likely net you a BB 99xx.

Myself, I am trying to get to one device not have multiple devices like GPS, camera, phones, beepers, walkmen, etc
    I am very excited to use 2 phones, 1 for business and 1 for personal. I own my own business and need that seperation.

10-09-11 10:56 AM

Good for AT&T users. AT&T is also ranked extremely poorly in the US. VZW? Ranked the top. Great overall service is much better than good data speeds and ****ty overall service. I've used both, VZW is the better network overall and it is a proven fact.

For those who have no problems with AT&T, that's great. I wish my "excellent coverage area" wasn't excellent at dropping calls or I'd still be an AT&T customer.
    10-09-11 11:29 AM
    Good for AT&T users. AT&T is also ranked extremely poorly in the US. VZW? Ranked the top. Great overall service is much better than good data speeds and ****ty overall service. I've used both, VZW is the better network overall and it is a proven fact.

For those who have no problems with AT&T, that's great. I wish my "excellent coverage area" wasn't excellent at dropping calls or I'd still be an AT&T customer.
    The question is does the faster speed of att with bb and or iphone make up for the crappy service, expensive plans, and horrible customer service?

10-09-11 11:49 PM
    Yes two phone on different contracts would be good. However, not sure about the US. In the UK you could get a second Sim against your account. So you bought the iP4s from Apple and the BB via contract or vice versa.

Maybe that would be available for you as well?I believe there are adapters for microsims somewhere or you have to build something yourself. Sorry no further information regarding that.
    10-10-11 07:09 AM
    The question is does the faster speed of att with bb and or iphone make up for the crappy service, expensive plans, and horrible customer service?

I actually haven't ever experienced bad customer service from AT&T. I did have one incident in the store where an associate was "dissing" the military clientel in town, saying she wished the military wasn't in the town. (My husband is in the AF and we live in a small town that wouldn't survive WITHOUT its business.) Needless to say, she didn't realize that her little AT&T store wouldn't exisist without the wonderful men and women serving this country and their dumpy little city.

ANYWAY, like I said, I've always had a great experience with AT&T over the phone. I called them on Friday to ask a few questions about our plans and the iPhone 4S that we ordered and the customer service rep was helpful and friendly.
    10-10-11 07:17 AM

No. I have yet to have a problem with the data speeds on VZW. Web pages may take 1-3 seconds longer to load, but no big deal. Apps still download fast and streaming media quality is exactly the same in my experience.

Also from my experience, AT&T has pretty good CS. I wish their service was as good.
    10-10-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD