Teslas aren't 100% touchscreen, though. The steering wheel has multifunction navigation buttons that can be used to navigate and select many things in the UI. They have balanced the input functions pretty well, actually.
    chain13 likes this.
    01-20-21 01:05 PM
    Long post, but whatever ������
    Anyway those conspiracy-like things are succeed in making the tamagochi pets into majority of people's work-live pocket, beyond what a phone that tries to be a tool could ever did.
    If there was a conspiracy it would habe been the desire to make people content consumers rather than content creators, thus enabling them to sell more subscription services which is much more profitable, we see this with apple and their subscriptions and the sale of adspace by google to businesses.
    This might have been inevitable though as u.s world order was breaking down, which would have made businesses less profitable and eager to make users captive to their businesses.
    Its also onteresting that the most free world.powers u.s and u.k have the most popular pkb phones, this stems from their cultires desire to want their citizens to be more "content creators" rather than content consumers. We'll never see a.relatively popular pkb phone come from china for example
    Last edited by manny2; 01-21-21 at 05:43 AM.
    01-21-21 05:19 AM
    Its also onteresting that the most free world.powers u.s and u.k have the most popular pkb phones, this stems from their cultires desire to want their citizens to be more "content creators" rather than content consumers. We'll never see a.relatively popular pkb phone come from china for example
    Indonesia had the largest number of pkb users.

I would be surprised if the US isn't, by far, the largest group of content consumers in the world.
    01-21-21 07:41 AM

I would be surprised if the US isn't, by far, the largest group of content consumers in the world.
    Yeah many forget that BlackBerry's best selling years.... were after US user stopped buying, but developing markets were starting to come online. And BIS along with BBM was the driving factor, not really the PKB. If BlackBerry could have released a value priced SLAB ($200) in 2011/2012 without SureTouch... they might have kept BIS going for a while longer in those markets.

They also forget there hasn't been a "relatively" popular PKB phone in almost a decade....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-21 08:03 AM

Would be nice to get some stats on the percentage of the population that.have youtube creator accounts.for.example. oh and i forgot bb is camadian but the point still stands.
    The reason for bb popularity in.developing markets was their free messages from bb to bb user. Also that messages are.much cheaper than calls in developing.country.infrastructure. but it could also be the very youthful freedom loving populations of indonesia, south africa and nigeria, who want to express themselves more and they do that best through texting/messaging.
    Also do you guys know how bb can offer these servicesand noone else can "BBM is seen to be private and secure, and with BlackBerry they get unlimited usage for e-mail, BBM and web browsing for as little as $5 a month."
    Why cant samsung offer this?
    Last edited by manny2; 01-21-21 at 04:41 PM.
    01-21-21 03:11 PM
    Would be nice to get some stats on the percentage of the population that.have youtube creator accounts.for.example. oh and i forgot bb is camadian but the point still stands.
    My guess..... those stats will vary by market, just as viewership does.

I expect those creating content for youtube.... their first focuses would be on having a good device for shooting video and then editing video. That cold be a smartphone, but more likely it's a high end video camera and a PC or Mac. But even if its done on a phone, not sure what a PKB would be needed for?

If you want to talk able writers being creative... a BlackBerry might enter the picture.

But in the end people are just people...
    01-21-21 03:25 PM
    The reason for bb popularity in.developing markets was their free messages from bb to bb user. Also that messages are.much cheaper than calls in developing.country.infrastructure.
    You keep moving the goalposts.

You first said the US and the UK had the most pkb devices because they were the biggest content creators. Now they don't because Indonesians got better phone plans by using BlackBerrys.

With respect to content creation:

1- where on earth do you get your statistics?
    2- is there any accounting for quality content creation?
    3- is the rest of the world lacking in creativity?
    4- do real artists use YouTube?

Perhaps DaVinci, Homer, Shakespeare, Mozart, Van Gogh, et al have something to say on the subject.
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-21-21 03:43 PM
    You keep moving the goalposts.

You first said the US and the UK had the most pkb devices because they were the biggest content creators. Now they don't because Indonesians got better phone plans by using BlackBerrys.

Perhaps DaVinci, Homer, Shakespeare, Mozart, Van Gogh, et al have something to say on the subject.
    Ok its like this, pkb makes it easier to type and by extension create content to read.(this appears to be supported by how many writers use pkb phones). Therefore populations that create more text content to read on average use blackberries more. This seems to be somewhat supported by younger demographic countries, which are more freedom loving to prefer pkb phones.
    But then i say that its also due to bb facilitating cheap messaging, which just proves my point further as other companies like apple, samsung, google could have done the same thing but choose not to as they want users to consume content.more and not create it, which isnt as profitable. Countries like china would discourage messaging as that would make surveillance more difficult, its no surprise they spearheaded short video format ie tiktok
    01-21-21 06:05 PM
    Ok its like this, pkb makes it easier to type and by extension create content to read.(this appears to be supported by how many writers use pkb phones). Therefore populations that create more text content to read on average use blackberries more. This seems to be somewhat supported by younger demographic countries, which are more freedom loving to prefer pkb phones.
    But then i say that its also due to bb facilitating cheap messaging, which just proves my point further as other companies like apple, samsung, google could have done the same thing but choose not to as they want users to consume content.more and not create it, which isnt as profitable. Countries like china would discourage messaging as that would make surveillance more difficult, its no surprise they spearheaded short video format ie tiktok
    There is nothing to substantiate any shred of this.
    01-21-21 06:08 PM
    There is nothing to substantiate any shred of this.
    Well i was following the conspiracy thread.
    I would like to know how bbm offered such cheap data plans on what appeared to be 2g networks, how is that even possible? And more why did noone else offer a similiar service?
    01-21-21 08:17 PM

1. Id like some statistics, but general common sense assumptions can be made.
    2. Dont know about quality but im talking about content which here just means really long messages. For the average person good video content is much more difficult than just text.. Lower barrier of entry means alot more complex indepth messaging content.made by normal people.
    3. Its not a competition for creativity but whether bb as a company facilitated creative writing for average people and it appears they did, by promoting the pkb and with their amazing bbm service, a gamechanger for developing countries.
    4. Im not talking about davinci level artists but average people communicating their emotions through long text messages.

Also there is some correlation, nigeria and south africa are the.most economic dynamic countries in africa. While indonesia is the.most dynamic muslim country. So it makes sense they would be the last holdouts for bbm/bb phones
    Last edited by manny2; 01-21-21 at 08:59 PM.
    01-21-21 08:37 PM
    Well i was following the conspiracy thread.
    I would like to know how bbm offered such cheap data plans on what appeared to be 2g networks, how is that even possible? And more why did noone else offer a similiar service?
    Unencrypted compression.

But then came 3G and lots of cheap bandwidth, and that was the nail in the coffin for BlackBerry.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-21 08:54 PM
    1. Id like some statistics, but general common sense assumptions can be made.
    2. Dont know about quality but im talking about content which here just means really long messages. For the average person good video content is much more difficult than just text.. Lower barrier of entry means alot more complex indepth messaging content.made by normal people.
    3. Its not a competition for creativity but whether bb as a company facilitated creative writing for average people and it appears they did, by promoting the pkb and with their amazing bbm service, a gamechanger for developing countries.
    4. Im not talking about davinci level artists but average people communicating their emotions through long text messages.

Also there is some correlation, nigeria and south africa are the.most economic dynamic countries in africa. While indonesia is the.most dynamic muslim country. So it makes sense they would be the last holdouts for bbm/bb phones
    Sorry, but this just sounds like completely wild speculation, with absolutely zero supporting evidence.
    01-21-21 09:06 PM
    Dunno if da Vinci woulda chosen PKB or VKB for creating Mona Lisa's smile... Lol. Do suspect he'd have appreciated TrackPad's finely pointed "brush" as opposed to "finger painting" on slab. Lol. I grew outa finger painting in first grade. Lol.

Much of MY "content creation" has mostly been generating training manuscripts about some of the system designs I've participated over many years. Amazing the content that can be created at odd times throughout a day when a comfortably EAGER handset is in hand. Much of the collaboration in developing the subject designs also derived thru Bolds, also.

Antonio Stradivari might not have made a better violin using PKB or VKB. Lol. I, for one, sure wish he could've directed his work shop's activities AND created training manuscripts about some of his designs! Lol. He, also, might've appreciated Bold's thought to thumb eagerness during "slack" moments throughout a day...? Lol.

Btw, i enjoyed privilege to play a Strad. Once. A true masterpiece of "audio engineering"! Lol. Its room filling enchantment truly was addictive!! I didn't want to stop! Much like I never really want to stop typing on this enchanting Bold masterpiece! Lol.
    01-21-21 10:10 PM
    None of content creators need a pkb phone to create contents. They use their phone mostly for communication (text or call), whatever it is (pkb or touch). And they use more proper tools for work/create contents.
    01-22-21 01:32 AM

Not anymore. Here in Indonesia.. kids, high schoolers, students, workers are mostly on fulltouch now.
    01-22-21 01:39 AM
    Not anymore. Here in Indonesia.. kids, high schoolers, students, workers are mostly on fulltouch now.
    Very interesting... A few of my company's significant clients are located in Indonesia... Hmm...

Won't mention names and haven't physically been there myself for over half decade but management for at least two of them (you might recognize them) still prefer PKB. They also never fail to complain about "younger generation work ethics and productivity..." Lol. Some topics of conversation, like the weather, prove surprisingly ubiquitous around the globe, sometimes. Lol.

It sounds like, from them and others, that PKB is a tiny minority. VKB likely proves more accommodating for the various languages? Which VKB language choice would you say is most popular now?
    01-22-21 03:35 AM
    "Had"

We all know that in 2021, they are fewer than a million pkb users around the entire globe.
    Last edited by conite; 01-22-21 at 10:01 AM.
    01-22-21 08:37 AM
    "Had"

We all know that in 2021, they are fewer than a million pkb users around the entire globe.
    Not refuting, just like to know how that number was derived...??
    01-22-21 10:36 AM
    Not refuting, just like to know how that number was derived...??
    We know that during the course of 2021, we will get down to between 100,000 and 200,000 total BBOS+BB10 users worldwide.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l-use-1189374/

Plus, assuming half of the 1.2 million that bought a KEY device are still using them.

The rest of the kickstarter stuff and remaining Priv users amount to a hill of beans.
    Last edited by conite; 01-22-21 at 10:55 AM.
    01-22-21 10:42 AM
    "Had"

Well, here's the thing:

Concerning TCLBerry's: there really aren't many available on eBay and at most online retailers anymore, which should mean that most devices TCL produced are in users hands. Whether they are actively using it with their sim card in it, or as a secondary work phone, or even keeping at as a backup device is another matter.

So with the KEYone, KEY2 and LE combined, we're already at a million or so devices, if not a bit over that.

Then there's the Priv.

Then there's BB10.

Then there's BBOS.

I don't think Titan / Pro 1 / Cosmo users are enough to really add much to the numbers though.

Not sure if those on Galaxy S8 / S8+ / Note 8 with the keyboard cover counts as PKB users, but there has to have some out there judging at how rare those keyboard cases are to come by.

I'd safely say we're in the 7 digit mark.
    01-22-21 10:44 AM
    Well, here's the thing:

Concerning TCLBerry's: there really aren't many available on eBay and at most online retailers anymore, which should mean that most devices TCL produced are in users hands. Whether they are actively using it with their sim card in it, or as a secondary work phone, or even keeping at as a backup device is another matter.

So with the KEYone, KEY2 and LE combined, we're already at a million or so devices, if not a bit over that.

Then there's BB10, which is what, 100K active users not including owners keeping them as backup phones?

Then there's BBOS (which is admittedly almost nothing).

I don't think Titan / Pro 1 / Cosmo users are enough to really add much to the numbers though.

Not sure if those on Galaxy S8 / S8+ / Note 8 with the keyboard cover counts as PKB users, but there has to have some out there judging at how rare those keyboard cases are to come by.

I'd safely say we're in the 7 digit mark.
    I have 3 in my drawer.

The vast majority of folks don't sell their old phones.

I don't count drawer phones in my numbers.
    01-22-21 10:45 AM
    I have 3 in my drawer.

The vast majority of folks don't sell their old phones.

I don't count drawer phones in my numbers.
    If you use one or more of them as hobby devices, are you technically a "PKB user" ?

I'm sure the total number whose users are using them as a primary is a bit lower than if we also count those using them as secondary/backups.
    01-22-21 10:46 AM
    If you use one or more of them as hobby devices, are you technically a "PKB user" ?

I'm sure the total number whose users are using them as a primary is a bit lower than if we also count those using them as secondary/backups.
    I don't count hobby users, because they've made a choice of which phones they prefer (for whatever reason).

I'd guess the number is about half (tops).
    01-22-21 10:50 AM

I love PKBs and use them.... only if

1) Full AT&T carrier support enhanced calling features
    2) Android/iOS update support equals proprietary type Pixel/iPhone level
    3) UI matches the VKB experience I’ve grown accustomed to which PKB lags.
    01-22-21 11:55 AM
171 12345 ...