Telegraph? Or you meant Telegram?
    Telegram

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-22-20 11:05 AM
    Signal integrates regular SMS as well. Of course it's not encrypted like its own app-to-app messaging.
    I downloaded signal and tried texting a friend that does not have the signal app and I can’t text them.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    04-22-20 11:20 AM
    I downloaded signal and tried texting a friend that does not have the signal app and I can’t text them.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Enable SMS in the signal setting

Posted via CB10
    04-22-20 11:23 AM
    Enable SMS in the signal setting

Posted via CB10
    I’ve looked and I’m not seeing that. I’m using an iPhone 8 if that matters
    04-22-20 11:26 AM
    I’ve looked and I’m not seeing that. I’m using an iPhone 8 if that matters
    Opsss, unfortunately apple not allow other apps to replace their sms

Posted via CB10
    04-22-20 11:34 AM
    Opsss, unfortunately apple not allow other apps to replace their sms

Posted via CB10
    Got ya. Thanks for the information.
    04-22-20 11:35 AM
    End-to-end encryption protects the content of messages only. Facebook still logs all of the metadata including time, length of message, parties messaged, geolocation, etc. So, while the content is secure, the context is available to hackers, private investigators, law enforcement (with a warrant) and state security agencies (probably without a warrant).

Security and privacy go hand-in-hand. The ideal platform does not know your real identity, and does not log retain any metadata. FB Messenger is very far from ideal.

The best choice for privacy, IMO is not a messaging service at all, but ProtonMail, a privacy and encrypted email service that does not even ask who you are when you register, cannot read your emails, and houses it's servers in privacy-friendly jurisdictions.

The most private and secure mainstream messaging app is Signal, which requires access to a phone to set up your account, but does not require you to share your cell number to connect with contacts.. You may use a burner number, Google Voice number, or any other number you control to create your account, and use that number as your "username" instead of your actual cell number.

Telegram is a feature-rich option with group chat and other features many people value. Most privacy and security professionals consider it to be less secure than Signal, but it's much, much better than WhatsApp and FB Messenger!

Yes, this is the issue that have with WhatsApp. What you say may be secure, but who your contacts are, when you contact them and how often all becomes part of your permanent, big data file. Most people don't care though.
    04-22-20 11:51 AM
    No, sorry. I was trying to continue the conversation for the OP.

The one thing that a lot of people say is that they prefer a BBID/PIN process like BBMe or Threema instead of a phone number.

The irony is that you need to give those providers personal information to obtain them.

Instead, you can use a temporary, anonymous virtual telephone number to sign into Signal, Telegram, Viber, Line, etc, etc without having to give the provider anything at all.
    Last edited by conite; 04-22-20 at 04:44 PM.
    04-22-20 02:29 PM
    The one thing that a lot of people say is that they prefer a BBID/PIN process like BBMe or Threema instead of a phone number.

The irony is that you need to give those providers personal information to obtain them.

Instead, you can use a temporary, anonymous virtual telephone number to sign into Signal, Telegram, Viber, Line, etc, etc without having to give the provider anything at all.
    That's exactly right. BBMe is definitely not a zero knowledge service. It's best use case is a for a trusted circle of people in an official setting that requires record-keeping.

04-22-20 08:54 PM
    I am currently in a few groups using BBMe, Threema, WhatsApp and Telegram. As others have said, WhatsApp may be owned by Facebook, but that’s the main messaging app used by the majority of the overseas folks.

WhatsApp was the choice I used when we migrated two of our long running groups when BBM consumer shut down. We have been using it for over a year and no complaints.

I have started using Threema and Telegram lately because a lot of the folks in my BBMe groups don’t want to pay the 3 dollar service fee to continue using the app.

So far I like Threema and just Started using Telegram and I am finding some cool features in Telegram that’s leaning me to this app.

But on the end you have to just download the app your thinking of using, try it and see if you like it.
    04-24-20 05:37 PM
    telegram is one of my favorites and a facebook messenger is definitely a nightmare x__x
    but here's the thing
    recently I was looking for a monitoring app to install on a kid's device and, for example, such things like mspy and other "controllers" can see almost all of your messages omg. so like before switching to any type of messenger, I think it would be good to see if such app for parents can get through it or not.

of course, i don't let anybody install suspicious apps on my phone, but for now, signal is the one I use the most frequently.
    Mean the monitoring app not able to view the signal message?
    How about BBME and telegram?
    Is it because you activate the build in apps lock and disable notification?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-20 11:59 AM
    I've always understood Signal to be the most secure but I could be wrong.. Last time a. Researched this was the case and I have some shady friends that insist on using signal if you need to talk to them. Don't get me wrong, I try my best not to talk to them lol.
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-06-20 06:35 AM
    I've always understood Signal to be the most secure but I could be wrong.. Last time a. Researched this was the case and I have some shady friends that insist on using signal if you need to talk to them. Don't get me wrong, I try my best not to talk to them lol.
    Signal is trusted because it's open source so that experts can inspect the cryptography implementation, and it's provided by a non profit committed to supporting journalists, dissidents and whistle-blowers whose safely could be put at risk. If course, that also makes it a favorite of folks with shadier motives.

05-06-20 10:29 AM
    Signal.
    05-06-20 02:53 PM
    Of course it's Telegram. In my opinion, this is the most secure messaging system that cannot be hacked, cracked or whatever with use of any phone tracking apps or any other hacking software
    I am in a coupe of active Telegram groups and so far, I like this app. Works smooth and is updated on a timely basis. Seems to be my go to message when I am not using BBM.
    08-06-20 04:32 PM
    Wickr
    lzmx likes this.
    08-23-20 01:29 PM
    I have a small group of family and friends on BBMe and I feel it is the best. Telegram would be a second choice and Signal a third...I've tried them both.
    09-01-20 01:56 AM
    Wickr
    Wickr seems to have gone bad. Michael Bazzell can explain better: https://pca.st/episode/8f740186-ce54...7-6485830bef2c

I kind a like Signal. But. It doesn’t allow you to kick people out of a group, groups even dont have a dedicated owner. Also it is based on a phone number, I would prefer BBM style pin and consider burner phone numbers just to be a risk in itself.

Also data size of Signal tend to be on the large size. In principle all data is stored double.

Session is not phone number based. Nobody I know uses Session though.

So sticking to Signal for the moment.
    09-01-20 06:58 AM
43 12