I am really just kidding. BUT there has been NUMEROUS threads by different people stating why RIM sucks and why they are stealing ideas from the magnificent and wonderful Apple. SO I came across this video today and though it was quite interesting and people might enjoy it. It is entitled "Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything???"

ENJOY! Trolls and non trolls alike!

01-19-13 07:08 PM
    You're correct. RIM does steal everything, including my heart.
    01-19-13 07:11 PM
    That actually WAS very interesting to me.
    I'm very intrigued about the whole Linksys iphone and Apple iphone thing.
    Good post! Thanks!
    01-19-13 07:43 PM
    BlackBerryflow, that's how I roll, swip'n and peek'n, you got my baby freak'n. Z10 in hand, she guna be streak'n!!
    BlackBerry10 baby, Believe it!
    Last edited by FanBlackBerrytastic; 01-19-13 at 08:47 PM.
    01-19-13 07:49 PM
    Rene Ritchie, the editor in chief of our sister site iMore... would completely agree with this. Apple invents nothing. They wait for other people to do the hard work of establishing a market... Apple waits and waits... then moves in. They definitely innovate and come at things in a smart way, but they build themselves on the backs of others first.

All the credit to them for doing that.
    01-19-13 08:32 PM
    lol interesting video

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-19-13 08:36 PM
    NICE find. Apple has what a lot of companies don't......an EXCELLENT "marketing" department.
    01-19-13 08:41 PM
    Rene Ritchie, the editor in chief of our sister site iMore... would completely agree with this. Apple invents nothing. They wait for other people to do the hard work of establishing a market... Apple waits and waits... then moves in. They definitely innovate and come at things in a smart way, but they build themselves on the backs of others first.
    While they are not inventing things, to label what they do is jump in to an established market seems a little unfair on things like the ipod or the ipad where neither of the markets were established and they came in and took over them with smart marketing that does a great job of hiding their limitations.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-19-13 08:45 PM
    DigitalQWERTY, you so flirty! come Jan 30th we guna get wordy!
    Yep, BB10 Believe it!
    01-19-13 08:52 PM
    Nobody remembers the inventors, only the innovators.
    01-19-13 09:02 PM
    Thanks for the video. I just posted on my facebook !!!!go BB Z10....!!can't wait for my new blackberry Z10
    Dapper37 and BergerKing like this.
    01-19-13 09:18 PM
    Rim do steal they just assimilate so and so tech and become a new RIM.Apple straight up steal flip it than sue smh.
    01-19-13 09:36 PM
    This is now my go-to shoot down thread.
    01-19-13 09:58 PM

All the credit to them for doing that.
    Kinda like Whole Foods
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-19-13 10:01 PM
    While they are not inventing things, to label what they do is jump in to an established market seems a little unfair on things like the ipod or the ipad where neither of the markets were established and they came in and took over them with smart marketing that does a great job of hiding their limitations.
    The MP3 Market was established.
    As for iPad....one could argue that it wasn't "established" BUT tablets had been around for years. It was a niche laptop market. I knew a lot of people with windows tablets B4 the "invention" of the iPad.
    jakie55, RubberChicken76 and Deu2e like this.
    01-19-13 10:29 PM
    (ugh...yuck...sucked back in...but at least it's in response to the founder)

I agree with you Skeever.

Kevin...really really shocked by your post. It seems irrational to me , but perhaps the problem is your definition of "innovation" vs "invention"? Could you elaborate more? With complex products like smartphones, computers, etc. nobody actually "invents" the final product. It's the culmination of countless small inventions, and generally these days, almost every successful product had lesser known precursors which were essentially early models. So it's rather disingenuous to take a certain stage of the evolution of technology, label it something (ie...THIS is a "smartphone"!) and then pretend that product is a new "invention". Especially, when, as I pointed out, there are often direct precursors featuring most/all of the features...which of course it the case with the "smartphone" itself. By that token, the iphone, with it's touchscreen/OS/apps, was probably a bigger leap over previous smartphones, than the original "smartphone" was over previous phones. (which phone that was is debatable of course, but I'd say the first successful smartphone was BB).

Moreover, in looking at the history of Apple, I think it fair to say that they've been first, or nearly first, in adding/using/combining many techs. From the original Apple computer, and the Mac itself - these products shook the industry deeply, and it took years to see the overall impact, and just how trendsetting they became. When you talk about Apple building "on the backs of others", it really makes me wonder how you can characterize them that way. Besides the Apple and Mac I just mentioned, As skeever mentioned the ipod really wasn't like that - the MP3 market was really a mess before the ipod. The tablet market....well that is even more telling example, as Apple was largely mocked by the industry and fans before it was released. There certainly wasn't a market for that in place. In fact, I'd say the industry has been LARGELY thriving off Apple's innovation into new territory in the last 5-10 years. Whether it be the smartphones, iOS, Ipad, or ultrabooks.....Apple has been creating the markets that others have been trying to jump into.

I own exactly 3 Apple products: an Apple 2e, an ipod shuffle, and an iphone 4. During that time, I've had....dozens of PC's, a multitude of phones, several laptops....representing, HP, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Sony...and so many others. I've generally avoided Apple products, but I cannot, with any intellectual dishonesty or thoughtfulness detract from their "invention" or "innovation" or their place in the industry in bringing new products and tech to the market. On the whole, I'd say they've been more of a trendsetter/innovator/inventor than any other company in the industry I can think o f off the top of my head, but of course, that again depends on exactly what your argument is, and how you define "invention"! Could you elaborate more on what your take is?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-19-13 10:40 PM
    looks like someones back.

RIM clearly has some features of other phones. RIM clearly innovates. I do think they steal less then Apple
    01-19-13 10:51 PM
    Richardat I really think you missed the whole point of this post.
    01-19-13 11:20 PM
    Richardat I really think you missed the whole point of this post.
    I think he missed the point
    01-19-13 11:22 PM
    I think he missed the point
    Tried to kill a fly with a shotgun?
    01-19-13 11:43 PM
    "Man who cook corn and pees in same pot, very unsanitary" Confusious
    01-19-13 11:45 PM
    I wonder if he watched the video or just dove into that rant.
    01-19-13 11:47 PM
    some disappear for awhile and then jump back in right where you would expect them to.
    01-19-13 11:48 PM
    I went through two of these before ipod was "invented"What a rip off RIM steals everything!-51z8npe8ygl._sl500_aa300_.jpeg
    01-20-13 07:08 AM
    Rim do steal they just assimilate so and so tech and become a new RIM.Apple straight up steal flip it than sue smh.
    Kind of like the Borg of the tech world?

From the outside it looks to me like Steve Jobs is even more missed in Apple than I expected.

I think Apple's 1984 SuperBowl ad is going to come back to haunt them (this time RIM will be throwing a BB10 hammer)

For those of you too young to remember the ad here is a link

Zildjian71 and westiewanderer like this.
    01-20-13 07:36 AM
68 123