But with a consumer mind in perspective, many people actually want customer service, they want to be able to walk in to a store and receive direct help. Think convenience, a smiling employee that can help them rather than going online when they don't have the means to, etc. That's just how consumers are these days.

They want to be able to touch, feel, and play with products, ask questions, engage with people. etc.
    11-25-13 03:08 PM
    I agree. But aren't the carriers supposed to be doing that in the first place with live demo models that work? I only see a few of them who actually did offer to show the consumer around the phone instead of telling them otherwise. I think once blackberry does feel the need to open a few stores in canada and the states, it would be a great thing.

But with a consumer mind in perspective, many people actually want customer service, they want to be able to walk in to a store and receive direct help. Think convenience, a smiling employee that can help them rather than going online when they don't have the means to, etc. That's just how consumers are these days.

They want to be able to touch, feel, and play with products, ask questions, engage with people. etc.
    11-25-13 03:16 PM
    Apologies for the late response. Here's the thing: consumers ideals are high when it comes to service. They want direct contact with a direct representative of a company, not a middleman. I'm sure ladies don't want to go to a department store to get their handbags assessed for zipper problems, but a direct LV store or Coach store.

Likewise if we go to carriers, aren't we expecting a disdain coming when a carrier salesman tries to talk us into some other stuff we don't want? If there was a Blackberry store, I guarantee the likelihood of making a sale is greater than talking to a nagging employee. I would want someone knowledgeable and supportive of my smartphone choice, rather than someone persuading me to go buy an iPhone or Samsung device. That would be the last thing I want.

I agree. But aren't the carriers supposed to be doing that in the first place with live demo models that work? I only see a few of them who actually did offer to show the consumer around the phone instead of telling them otherwise. I think once blackberry does feel the need to open a few stores in canada and the states, it would be a great thing.
    03-13-14 01:18 AM
    If carriers were training their reps to offer fair, educated and honest support this would not even be an issue. Unfortunately, it is unless Chen addresses the issue from the consumer level. BlackBerry will not gain more market share with the status quo at the carriers' stores.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    03-13-14 07:42 AM
    If carriers were training their reps to offer fair, educated and honest support this would not even be an issue.
    Perhaps not, but one "if" just leads to another. As an example, "if" BB10 launched in 2011 instead of 2013, it would likely perform better, making carrier sales reps less important. If BBRY spent a little extra time on the Storm, Verizon might never have pursued the "Droid" brand. Once you start down the "if" path, it becomes the proverbial "slippery slope."
    03-13-14 08:47 AM
    I would just buy an Android device with a keyboard when I can no longer keep replacing my legacy device.
    03-13-14 09:35 AM
    People want basic. They will never tell you that. But look at the amount of people that have "out of the box" configurations and cannot use 90% of the functionality of the phone.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    03-13-14 09:47 AM
    I would just buy an Android device with a keyboard when I can no longer keep replacing my legacy device.
    I doubt that would work well

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:08 PM
    Business wise, I don't think spending money opening up stores would be a great idea at the moment. Although I would love to see it, just does not seem viable when carriers should be showcasing them. One thing I would like to see is the online purchase be more streamlined with faster shipping.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:00 PM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD