What RIM must do at the BlackBerry 10 launch event | ZDNet

I agree with most of the advice in this article from ZDNet, even the comments about the PlayBook.
    They have had long enough to prepare for 30 Jan, so let us see something slick and positive that kicks ***!!!
    01-28-13 06:38 AM
    Well they're just saying the basics, which I'm sure RIM knows.

The only thing I'm really not in agreement with is the "please keep this RIM employee band far away from this event"... I think it goes more to show that the writter is not a dev - who the video in question was shown to and aimed at. As far as I remember hearing, all the devs at DevCon Americas loved the video... but then again, Alec and crew are actually people who they interact with.

Si.
    01-28-13 06:50 AM
    Its the BB10 launch event, not a Z10/X10 launch event. So they should show the capabilities of BB10 in total, including tablets, cars and maybe other devices, to make clear, this is a whole new platform.
    01-28-13 06:55 AM
    What they SHOULD do is shoot everyone who doesn't want to hear 'the band ', so that the rest of the world can live in peace, free from those who take themselves too seriously - on accounta they got no balls.
    My nephews tried telling me that 'the band' wasn't cool- I had to 'splain' to them that they didn't know WTF was goin' on. 'course every one of 'em was born AFTER cool was dead!
    I think 'the band ' oughta do a version of "Black Betty" with the appropriate changes...
    "oh-oh, BlackBerry, BAM-bl-DAM, had a child, BAM-bl -DAM, DAMN things gone wild, #10, DAMN things got style, #10...

#BB10Believe
    01-28-13 07:15 AM
    Its the BB10 launch event, not a Z10/X10 launch event. So they should show the capabilities of BB10 in total, including tablets, cars and maybe other devices, to make clear, this is a whole new platform.
    Agreed that they need to show off not only what is available today but what we as (potential) BB10 consumers can expect in the future as well.
    astraith likes this.
    01-28-13 07:19 AM
    01-28-13 07:31 AM