We have no clue when BB10 is being released in various locations. Sounds like Canada is in good shape. But if I have to wait till March to get a BB10 in the USA, I am done. I will replace my PoS Android with a new PoS Android.

If RIMM releases phones a month after launch, there will be **** o pay in the media. All the hype will fade. It's jsut a bad idea.
    nquyen likes this.
    01-23-13 09:18 PM
    Ironically, January 31 as I'm supposed to go to Parry Sound that day
    KDB84 likes this.
    01-23-13 09:51 PM
    April 1, 2013...first day out of CYQ1 2013 and RIM promised BB10 in CYQ1 2013.

Anything before that is fair game and not up to RIM, but to carriers.
    01-23-13 10:01 PM
    The proverbial RIM "available within 60 days."
    01-23-13 10:04 PM
    Yesterday, because that would mean that I somehow missed getting mine
    01-23-13 10:04 PM
    Yesterday, because that would mean that I somehow missed getting mine
    You're a lawyer aren't you? LOL
    01-23-13 10:14 PM
    You're a lawyer aren't you? LOL
    Why do you think that? LOL Some of us are a little slow here
    01-23-13 10:16 PM
    Anytime after FEB 1st. I've already been waiting what seems like forever.
    Gigi0108 likes this.
    01-23-13 10:18 PM
    Chances are if I'm ticked at anyone, it will be Sprint. If all other carriers have it within a month or so after the release, but they wait even longer ill move on to AT&T or something.
    01-23-13 10:24 PM
    April 1, 2013...first day out of CYQ1 2013 and RIM promised BB10 in CYQ1 2013.

Anything before that is fair game and not up to RIM, but to carriers.

This would be some mean April fools trick to have to wait until this day....
    01-24-13 12:09 AM
    January 30th, 2103.
    01-24-13 12:26 AM
    January 30th, 2103.
    Patient, you are.
    01-24-13 12:33 AM
    I keep hearing rumors about US carriers not getting BB10 until march... living in Canada I am obviously biased but I don't think it is such a terrible idea if you think about the General Public.

Obviously any tech (or maybe only BlackBerry) enthusiasts are following the up coming BB10 launch... but average Joe knows absolutely nothing about it and by now thinks BlackBerry is that company that made phones a couple years ago and kind of disappeared. If BB10 Launches in countries where they still have a presence and brand awareness (Canada, UK, Europe, Asia, Latin America, ect) it will sell as is without much marketing. Then RIM and the carriers market the **** out of it for a month and let the great reviews roll in from everywhere else in world maybe build up some anticipation and then launch it in the USA.

A lot of people seem to think this scenario would be a disaster and "everyone" would cry outrage... but clearly seeing as the vast majority of the USA don't know much if anything about BB10 this isn't the case. Again a lot of enthusiasts would be angry but after waiting 2 years for BB10 if you can't wait another 30 days for brand new OS that looks way more efficient and usable the competition (to me) then you are not who BlackBerry is targeting. The Media is a two-edged sword and BlackBerry runs the risk of getting burned either way launch in the USA in early Feb without much advertising or people knowing BB10 exists is a large risk of poor sales numbers which the media will pounce on and never let go of, but if you launch a month later than the rest of the world there is the risk that US reporters feel like their homeland has been shunned and write bad pieces about RIM (when in fact it is up to the carriers when they want to launch.) Lets not even go into the fact that Samsung and other Android makers regularly launch phones and tablets in Europe before the USA and there is no outcry from the media. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't launching in Europe first how early "popular" android phones even started getting their foot in the door... people want something they can't have but see their neighbor enjoying.

BlackBerry cannot afford to allow the US launch to go sideways and I just don't see how launching the phone February 5th with less then a week of advertising would allow them to move any quantity in the US market (which is apparently not the case in Canada where carriers are already ordering more shipments because demand is higher than expected.)
    01-24-13 01:17 AM
    Is this what's meant by "borrowing trouble"?
    01-24-13 01:24 AM
    for myself it is.... the Limited Edition device is supposed to delivered 6-8 weeks after launch so I'm looking late march at the earliest... maybe i'll have to buy the Z10 if it does indeed launch before then.
    01-24-13 01:28 AM
    Anything more than a week or two after January 30th
    01-24-13 01:32 AM
    I'm a bit sad that so many of you are just so miserable with BlackBerry devices as they are right now. Why such excitement over the new product if you're so desperate to get rid of the old ones, it makes me wonder why you would have involvement with BlackBerrys themselves in the first place. It is clearly beyond just excitement for something new when you go so far as to start talking that "I'm done with RIM" crapola. Sometimes that sounds like the grumblings of an excessively impatient teenager. These negative statements stemming from impatient; is that really a good way to stand behind a company or product?

I suppose a little desperation would set in if you were stuck with an Android that were making you miserable and you're going to spend money on the latest and greatest only to have to wait, but the point remains; a little patience wouldn't actually kill anybody.
    Last edited by BitPusher2600; 01-24-13 at 02:21 AM.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-24-13 02:08 AM
    We have no clue when BB10 is being released in various locations. Sounds like Canada is in good shape. But if I have to wait till March to get a BB10 in the USA, I am done. I will replace my PoS Android with a new PoS Android.

If RIMM releases phones a month after launch, there will be **** o pay in the media. All the hype will fade. It's jsut a bad idea.
    Rim would probably want to launch them everywhere from Jan 31st, there is not a lot that they can do if the american carriers are so much slower than every other country in the world when it comes to testing hardware.
    01-24-13 04:18 AM
    Anything after February 14 and I am sure to never renew my two year contract on Verizon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 07:27 AM
    I'm a bit sad that so many of you are just so miserable with BlackBerry devices as they are right now. Why such excitement over the new product if you're so desperate to get rid of the old ones, it makes me wonder why you would have involvement with BlackBerrys themselves in the first place. It is clearly beyond just excitement for something new when you go so far as to start talking that "I'm done with RIM" crapola. Sometimes that sounds like the grumblings of an excessively impatient teenager. These negative statements stemming from impatient; is that really a good way to stand behind a company or product?

I suppose a little desperation would set in if you were stuck with an Android that were making you miserable and you're going to spend money on the latest and greatest only to have to wait, but the point remains; a little patience wouldn't actually kill anybody.

I can wait. My 9800 has been so good to me, I feel disingenuous dumping it straight off for a Z10. I need the time to plan a retirement party and awards ceremony. Heck, just getting all the RSVP's in will take a month.
    KDB84, elmit22 and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-24-13 07:43 AM
    My original guess when we heard the delay announced by TH was Feb 21 and I will stick with that one. It was the day last year they released PlayBook 2.0.
    01-24-13 07:43 AM
    T-Mobile availability date is rumored to be March 27th, and I'm fine with this. Seriously, what's with wanting RIM's head on a platter if phones aren't available right after the announcement? Do we know for sure that some carriers will have them right after launch or is that just a rumor that's been told over again? Why weren't people this upset when OS7 phones were available in August 2011 when the announcement was back in May 2011?

After the delay moving the availability back from October 2012 to "Q1 2013," even if availability for all isn't completely rolled out until late March, RIM will still have held true to their promise. I know everyone is excited and it's easy to get impatient, but given how long we've been waiting for BB10 at this point a few more weeks isn't going to hurt.
    01-24-13 07:55 AM
    anytime after February 11th
    01-24-13 07:58 AM
    Whatever day my current phone dies on me. I don't think that's happening soon. (knocks on wood) Also just because my contract is up doesn't mean I have to immediately get a new phone.
    01-24-13 08:42 AM
    I can wait. My 9800 has been so good to me, I feel disingenuous dumping it straight off for a Z10. I need the time to plan a retirement party and awards ceremony. Heck, just getting all the RSVP's in will take a month.
    Am I invited?

I REALLY want the Z10 but it isn't because I am at all dissatisfied with my 9900. I just REALLY like new tech.
    01-24-13 08:56 AM
47 12