Purpose of Android is attracting more consumers. BB10 failed to attract because of BlackBerry's tarnished image and app ecosystem. Unfortunately, it came out a bit too late when Apple and Android dominated the market share. Way too far behind to ever catch up. Since the rumor leaked out of the new BlackBerry Slider running the Android OS so many ppl are pumped even the hardcore Droid users over at Android Central. One thing they all admit is that BlackBerry did and still makes solid hardware devices, keyboard for for those that miss it running on their favorite OS. And, of course, if BlackBerry plays it smart release the Android OS running a BlackBerry skin on top with all their best BB10 features and software for only Android BlackBerry devices. That ll help distinguish it self and stand out from the rest of other Android manufacturers in this saturated market.

I just really hope they can incorporate the peak feature, the swipe up and to the right to bring you right into the hub!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that the Slider will target consumers....
    08-25-15 11:39 AM
    To be fair most people like BlackBerry hardware and BlackBerry services/features they just don't want to use anything other than iOS or Android. It makes sense really.

Android has a huge market share and when people go to buy a new Android phone why wouldn't they choose the one with the great hardware and the hub and TimeShift camera and BlackBerry keyboard etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 02:59 PM
    To be fair most people like BlackBerry hardware and BlackBerry services/features they just don't want to use anything other than iOS or Android. It makes sense really.

Android has a huge market share and when people go to buy a new Android phone why wouldn't they choose the one with the great hardware and the hub and TimeShift camera and BlackBerry keyboard etc.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry... but most people never owned a BlackBerry.
    Back when BB owned the smartphone business and had 75% control of it.... most people were still on dumb phones.

But I don't think you can count on BlackBerry's reputation to get them very far.
    08-25-15 03:10 PM
    I have 2259 contacts in my phone. Granted half are brick n mortar numbers. Each of those buildings, I have their sales people's mobile number in my phone. Only 8 show in BBM.

In manufacturing sales, Apple has the users, then Android, then Windows, finally BBERRY.

 Classic
    08-25-15 03:14 PM
    I don't know anyone that uses an Android for work. I don't understand how this fits into Chen's Business first model.

Posted via CB10
    Then you don't know very any people.

Google apps is huge in business and people need their mobile device to connect to these services. Otherwise they are LESS productive.
    08-25-15 03:32 PM
    Un fortunately I don't see anyone at my work use a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 12:05 AM
    I don't know anyone that uses a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Ouch! I see a BlackBerry user each day, mirror. Yep that is about it. The sales is inverse of the quality of the phone definitely. It's not looking great for the hardware division. They need to have a secure Droid os to allow the software division to grow. My bet is there will be no BlackBerry devices soon, maybe rebranded Samsungs

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 01:05 PM
    I work in the auto Industry and the majority of the user base is Android and Blackberry needs to eliminate the app gap once and for all.

I know all the OS10 faithful are upset over this type of move, but the big two (Android and IOS) are the dominant platforms now and apps are what folks use for everything from banking to social media.

Myself, I welcome the new slider running Android and will be the first in line to buy it. I know a lot of folks who will come back to Blackberry knowing their Android apps and Google play services will work properly once and for all, so for me that's a move in the right direction.
    08-31-15 05:04 AM
    Phone for work. What does the BlackBerry phone do as a work phone that any other smartphone can't do? I think your just fooling yourselves

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:21 AM
    To move more hardware of course

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! The hardware division is trying to ensure its survival

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 07:44 PM
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...ease-5230.html

I remember when this was this was the most interesting rumour about Research in Motion.

Have we forgotten ??

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-02-15 07:50 PM
    Sorry... but most people never owned a BlackBerry.
    You might be surprised. I had my Q10 on the table at a picnic once and at least 5 people picked it up and said how they missed their blackberries.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-02-15 08:22 PM
    You might be surprised. I had my Q10 on the table at a picnic once and at least 5 people picked it up and said how they missed their blackberries.
    But that sentiment never translates into sales for BlackBerry. I miss the first car I had as teenager but I wouldn't go buy a brand new version. Times change and BlackBerry needs to adapt or die.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    09-04-15 07:04 AM
    I work in the auto Industry and the majority of the user base is Android and Blackberry needs to eliminate the app gap once and for all.

I know all the OS10 faithful are upset over this type of move, but the big two (Android and IOS) are the dominant platforms now and apps are what folks use for everything from banking to social media.

Myself, I welcome the new slider running Android and will be the first in line to buy it. I know a lot of folks who will come back to Blackberry knowing their Android apps and Google play services will work properly once and for all, so for me that's a move in the right direction.
    I'd get a more powerful and cheaper phone instead of the premium BlackBerry would charge

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 05:04 PM
    But that sentiment never translates into sales for BlackBerry. I miss the first car I had as teenager but I wouldn't go buy a brand new version. Times change and BlackBerry needs to adapt or die.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. People talk but that's all.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-08-15 01:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did exactly this.

My first car was a 1972 Dodge Challenger and I missed it so much that I went out and bought a 2013 Challenger R/T a couple of years ago and I just traded that one in for a brand new Challenger R/T Scat Pack.

It might not work for BlackBerry, but it certainly is working for Dodge. Most of the new Challenger owners I've met were the same as me. Grew up with the old and now own a new one.
    09-08-15 11:54 AM
    Which is my point. I'd be interested with an updated version of my first car (think Android) not with my first car(think BBOS) when earlier technology is no longer keeping up with today's needs. A 72 anything would be fun occasionally but not as driver literally for daily use.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 12:53 PM
    Many people have nostalgia over their first iPhone too, and would gush over one if they saw it, but no one would trade their new iPhone for an old one to use for daily carry.

Some CBers love to paint the users of other platforms as being dumb "sheep", but the average consumer is smarter than those folks give credit to. They are fully aware that BB lacks the apps and services they are already using, and have built workflows around and have invested money into, and while they might remember their old BB fondly, or remember how much they enjoyed the PKB back then, that doesn't mean they're willing to give up the greatly-enhanced functionality they have today with modern, powerful apps and services on their full-touch phones - which is why BB10 sales are what they are.

Being remembered fondly is not enough to drive sales - the device actually has to be able to get the job done, and without an ecosystem, a BB10 device can't do it for most people. Thus the movement to Android by BB, where those problems will disappear overnight.
    09-08-15 05:47 PM
    Many people have nostalgia over their first iPhone too, and would gush over one if they saw it, but no one would trade their new iPhone for an old one to use for daily carry.

Some CBers love to paint the users of other platforms as being dumb "sheep", but the average consumer is smarter than those folks give credit to. They are fully aware that BB lacks the apps and services they are already using, and have built workflows around and have invested money into, and while they might remember their old BB fondly, or remember how much they enjoyed the PKB back then, that doesn't mean they're willing to give up the greatly-enhanced functionality they have today with modern, powerful apps and services on their full-touch phones - which is why BB10 sales are what they are.

Being remembered fondly is not enough to drive sales - the device actually has to be able to get the job done, and without an ecosystem, a BB10 device can't do it for most people. Thus the movement to Android by BB, where those problems will disappear overnight.
    And people tend to want to remember things more fondly... So they'll think about the good things they remember about their old Car/Girlfriend/BlackBerry and smile at first. But when it comes down to really thinking about it.... they'll eventually remember how glad they were to get rid of it.

I remember for several years the dissatisfaction among BlackBerry users was extremely high. JD Powers did some customer sanctification polls about carriers and smartphone vendors, and BlackBerry was down at the bottom most ever time.

Sadly I think BlackBerry "chance" to recapture any of the "fan base" that isn't already using a BlackBerry.... was back at the BB10 launch. And they just made things worse.

I don't think the Android/BlackBerry Experience is going to offer anything that consumers really want, and I doubt BlackBerry can compete on a Hardware/Gimmick level that most Android OEM's are able to. So I still think that the AnroidBerry is still an enterprise focus device.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    09-09-15 07:42 AM
    To make money, it just boils down to business.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:41 AM
45 12