I don't know anyone that uses an Android for work. I don't understand how this fits into Chen's Business first model.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:36 PM
    Well they way i see it, BB is going to try and make them more secure using there eco system, i personally think they will run into a lot of problems.
    theGUNNER likes this.
    08-20-15 07:49 PM
    Apparently Google does know a few people who do, since they just came out with a product called Android for Work. If you look closely at the recent renders of the Slider you'll see a couple of Android for Work apps (the ones with the little suitcase in the corner of the icons).
    08-20-15 07:50 PM
    To move more hardware of course

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:15 PM
    I don't know anyone that uses an Android for work. I don't understand how this fits into Chen's Business first model.

Posted via CB10
    That is a good question.
    08-20-15 10:39 PM
    For slider fans that think Android is better than BB10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-20-15 10:42 PM

I don't know too many people that are still interested in sliders. They're as rare in the wild as BBs nowadays. Chen does nothing but **** me off.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 01:01 AM
    I think there are a few reasons:
    1. improved perception: the BB brand is damaged and BB10 doesn't help this at all with all this app gap
    2. market-share: and Android BB phone target more people than a BB10 one
    3. a last-ditch effort for the hardware division: it's clear BB10 is selling less and less, so before fully abandoning hardware they should at least try the Android route.
    08-21-15 03:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Between BB10 and Android, Android is much more common in the workplace.

Now if BBRY had some magic wand to begin manufacturing iOS devices, that would be ideal; but, as it is, BBRY's only choice is to settle for the second place OS that businesses might want over an OS pretty much not in use anywhere.
    08-21-15 04:01 AM
    The main main main purpose is to increase their sales. It is as simple as that. Of course there are other purposes but I will just make this as my main answer to your question.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-21-15 04:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    That BBRY devices selll 800,000 units a quarter and falling. I wonder if the slider was originally intended to be a BB10 device but their internal numbers and projects show it is pointless. So the Android device is the last throw of the dice because they have nothing left to loss when it comes to hardware.

I also wonder if it is also a tactic that when they have to announce even more dismal sales at the quarterly results, Chen can point to the android handset and says "just give me a few more quarters!" to the market...
    08-21-15 04:20 AM
    To make all those who knowingly bought a BB without GPS happy.
    Maybe to get into the consumer market too now.
    O Yah! Maybe for BB to learn how to advertise and market a device.
    I'm not opposed to the device. Business is business. As long as those who do not want GPS get a BB10 version.

BB has a ecosystem. Its ecosystem is no GPS. Sorted.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-21-15 04:34 AM
    $

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 04:47 AM
    Interesting points. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    08-21-15 11:09 AM

But it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-21-15 10:35 PM
    It's all part of the John Chen strategy:

What is the purpose of an Android BlackBerry?-monkeypoo1.jpg

And hopes something sticks.

Posted via Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-15 09:04 PM
    Interesting points. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I agree. Salient question though is: are current devices to be upgraded with new software or are we all stuck at 10.3.2.2226/OS 2339 until we all troop off to buy more hardware?
    08-23-15 11:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use an Android for work...and play.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-23-15 11:54 PM
    I don't know too many people that are still interested in sliders. They're as rare in the wild as BBs nowadays. Chen does nothing but **** me off.

Posted via CB10
    I think if it is sleek enough it'll generate some interest. Looks great from the one angle if that render is accurate.

08-24-15 12:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry and Google have been working closely together to establish "Bring Android to Work" that's how it fits Chen's Business first model. BB10 just doesn't bring enough to the table. I imagine Chen see's Apple as the biggest adversary in business segment so why not partner with Android and challenge Apple together.

http://el.blackberry.com/googleandroid

08-24-15 12:26 AM
    I think BlackBerry has already secured android incorporating bb10 somehow. BlackBerry has tried everything else except good marketing. They tried adding amazon and it helped a bit but didnt lure very many android fans. I think its a last ditch effort to sell millions of phones of the same model! Now all the forums except CB are positively interested in the Venice and has peaked non BlackBerry users. Go take a look at droid central for example! Its all positive! If it works, I mean, if it is a solid phone, especially if it runs google apps without Cobalts invention, then BlackBerry doesnt fold the hardware side in 2015/16! It might be what BlackBerry needs. At first, I hated the idea just like all faithful BlackBerry fanatics but I have to admit, I will be checking it out when it hits the stores and I always hated the slider of old. Probably because I thought I would easily break the sliding mechanism within the first month out of frustration!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 12:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know anyone that uses a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, CatDaddy and ayngling like this.
    08-24-15 01:56 PM
    I use an Android for work...and play.

Yeah I don't understand this. Android is a very capable device for both business and pleasure. Wish people were a bit more open minded here but hey its a blackberry forum, waddaya gonna do..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-25-15 12:34 AM
    Purpose of Android is attracting more consumers. BB10 failed to attract because of BlackBerry's tarnished image and app ecosystem. Unfortunately, it came out a bit too late when Apple and Android dominated the market share. Way too far behind to ever catch up. Since the rumor leaked out of the new BlackBerry Slider running the Android OS so many ppl are pumped even the hardcore Droid users over at Android Central. One thing they all admit is that BlackBerry did and still makes solid hardware devices, keyboard for for those that miss it running on their favorite OS. And, of course, if BlackBerry plays it smart release the Android OS running a BlackBerry skin on top with all their best BB10 features and software for only Android BlackBerry devices. That ll help distinguish it self and stand out from the rest of other Android manufacturers in this saturated market.

I just really hope they can incorporate the peak feature, the swipe up and to the right to bring you right into the hub!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 07:08 AM
    Purpose of Android is attracting more consumers. BB10 failed to attract because of BlackBerry's tarnished image and app ecosystem.
    Android only fixes the ecosystem, not the tarnished image. Also doesn't fix BlackBerry's apparent disdain for the end user of the device.

Posted via Z30
    08-25-15 08:55 AM
45 12