I just got my first BB in November and because I have a Verizon Plan that is over $80, I get the unlimited data plan for $29.99 a month. This past Verizon bill was higher than normal so I looked and they had charged me $9.99 (past month) and $9.99 current month for "Premium Messaging"...I called them and they said that wasn't included in the BB Data plane and it cost extra. They said I can block it for no charge so I did. I just received two messages today that said I received a premium message that was blocked. What exactly am I missing out on my not paying an additional $9.99 a month? I think she told me SMS messages. Any advice? Thanks.
    02-23-08 09:53 AM
    I just got my first BB in November and because I have a Verizon Plan that is over $80, I get the unlimited data plan for $29.99 a month. This past Verizon bill was higher than normal so I looked and they had charged me $9.99 (past month) and $9.99 current month for "Premium Messaging"...I called them and they said that wasn't included in the BB Data plane and it cost extra. They said I can block it for no charge so I did. I just received two messages today that said I received a premium message that was blocked. What exactly am I missing out on my not paying an additional $9.99 a month? I think she told me SMS messages. Any advice? Thanks.
    I would also like to know this..Im new to the whole Blackberry world. But I am fastly becoming addicted and want to feed my brain......
    02-23-08 12:35 PM
    from my past experience is that is a service that you sign up for, Kinda like the deal or no deal, American Idol, or even those commercials that want you to text the word "joke" to 54653. Those not all have a charge of 9.99 a month that you "sign" up for without knowing! At one point I had 6 9.99 charges from companys that my sister signed me up for. She wanted a free ringtone and they only way to get it was to enter a friends mobile number and that person was automatically signed up for it. I went rounds with VZW about this for about 6 months. I would call back and have them explain a little more detail what this 9.99 is. I would even talk to tech about it!!
    02-23-08 12:54 PM
    Shouldn't this be posted in the Verizon forum?
    02-23-08 01:43 PM
    Gee Click...Forum Moderator...I'm impressed! Good going.
    02-23-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD