It won�t 2 way sync my mail, it won�t load up sub folders within my IMAP account, it won�t sync my Calendar and it won�t Sync my contacts. Oh, but it will if I shell out a bucket load more cash for the BES service on top of everything else, but why should I when I can get it all at a fraction of the cost with 3 on a Windows based phone?
    AFAIK you can sync contacts and calendar using the Desktop Manager software. Email cannot be sync'd (which is a shame).

I currently use a TYTNII with emails through my provider, it works OK, but I'm moving to BlackBerry next for a more reliable phone and service.

The only thing I'd like to know is whether your emails stay on your phone (if they've been downloaded there first) after you've downloaded them to your desktop?
    03-28-09 01:43 AM
    You can sync your gmail with the google sync if I'm not mistaken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 02:14 AM
    Knifed - your mind was prejudicially set before you even wrote. How can you determine something to be inferior when you haven't even tried it? Maybe it is too sophisticated of a smartphone for someone more concerned about the cost than the positive aspects of a blackberry. Stick with what you have because it is obvious we can't teach a old dog new tricks.

03-28-09 07:32 AM
    Knifed - your mind was prejudicially set before you even wrote. How can you determine something to be inferior when you haven't even tried it? Maybe it is too sophisticated of a smartphone for someone more concerned about the cost than the positive aspects of a blackberry. Stick with what you have because it is obvious we can't teach a old dog new tricks.

Now come on GulfcoastGuy, there's no need for this.

I am receptive to new information. It is just that from what I read about the charachteristics of the BIS service on forums like this, it appears that it the phone will not perform email tasks as well as my Windows based phone.

Of course I am concerned about cost. Anyone but a fool wouldn't be.

My tytn is starting to get a bit old and crusty now and I am looking to upgrade it. I think it is sensible to explore all the options and the Blackberry is an obvious device to investigate because I frequently use email. I don't think it is the device for me for the reasons that I have stated, but I accept that I may be wrong or mistaken about certain aspects of the phone. This I have also stated previously.

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute or are unable to point out where I may be wrong about something, I would rather you not post anything further on the subject.

Thank you.

Tom
    03-28-09 10:22 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD