Lowe's policy is to have taken care of you, no questions asked. If that made it to corporate, the local staff would have heard about it very harshly. What a silly way for that local store to lose a good customer.

But this is one category that BBRY could easily set it itself apart, and should.
    Well, Lowes hasn't completely lost me as a customer. I've had great experiences there, but it just irritated me. I probably should have taken the thing, cleaned it, bagged it, and brought it down to the return desk. Maybe I would have had better luck and left with a new one or a refund. (I've done tons of returns there.) When I looked at the receipt and saw that it was 91 days I made the mistake of calling and asking for a manager who mentioned hygiene issues and the 90 day thing. I should have just gone there, and it would have gone in the pile of defects and broken items (not the returns that go back on the shelf), and I'd be in better shape. At Sears today, I exchanged the shoes and spent another $35 on a filter for my humidifier and a pair of gloves. Yesterday I spent $15 at Lowes on 3 mil contractor cleanup bags, and I went in there quickly today, too, but I didn't buy anything. I'll rave about Sears and Leatherman, and I'd love to rave about Lowes, too, but because of this I won't.
    03-18-14 04:42 PM
    I have had my z10 replaced three times. All the times I brought it into att and walked out with a new phone that day.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:29 PM
    I have had previous blackberry phones fixed through they warranty process fairly easily. One was for a trackball that went bad and the other was for a speaker that quit working. Neither was recently but i got a new phone both times and had to send the broken one back to them. I will say ATT didn't want to help much and just wanted me to purchase a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:43 PM
    I have had previous blackberry phones fixed through they warranty process fairly easily. One was for a trackball that went bad and the other was for a speaker that quit working. Neither was recently but i got a new phone both times and had to send the broken one back to them. I will say ATT didn't want to help much and just wanted me to purchase a new phone.
    Not related to BlackBerry service, but AT&T's attitude toward customers:

I was with Cingluar before AT&T bought them. (Yes, I'm aware the it was Cingular that "bought" AT&T and then changed it's name to AT&T. Effectively, it was AT&T running the show...) Anyway, my Nokia phone was on the part of the spectrum that they were repurposing. Instead of giving me a similar model Nokia, AT&T wanted to give me a big brick phone or I could buy a new phone with a two year contract. I switched to Sprint at the end of the billing cycle.
    03-18-14 09:10 PM
    This is why so many people stay loyal to Apple. BB's customer service has always been atrocious.
    03-18-14 09:53 PM
    I know that a native MS lync app just released.
    http://www.crazyki.com/10.jpg
    Wrong thread.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    03-18-14 10:34 PM
    I have had my z10 replaced three times. All the times I brought it into att and walked out with a new phone that day.

Posted via CB10
    Yikes . I hope Foxconn phones are more reliable than BB's recent efforts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-18-14 10:37 PM
    In the UK, we receive updates on time so I have always had the latest OS. I eventually gave my Z10 to my brother as it was still very usable. I don't have insurance on any of the phones. I didn't go through the replacement route. Yes i will consider Insurance in future.

Did you update the OS when you received your Z10?
    Updating the OS can solve a lot of the reboot issues and such you mentioned.
    Also, what happened with the shop repair? Did you leave it with them and used the replacement?
    Or you did not go that route? Maybe I missed what happened with that. You just jumped into buying a device from Ebay.
    I'm assuming you did not take that option if you are planning to do the repairs yourself?
    Also, did you purchase any insurance on your device?
    Even if there are problems with having a warranty honored, your insurance could replace it.
    For such an investment it would be prudent to get insurance on it.

I hope things work out for you.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-19-14 06:13 AM
    I bought a Z10 off EBay for my daughter and purchased the Square Trade warranty. I do that with all of our electronic purchases regardless of manufacturer warranty, Apple products included. You can get the Spill and Drop protection too and it is quite affordable. We recently received monetary compensation to replace a Samsung Galaxy Tablet that was giving us problems and finally just died. It was about two years old.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Nemzy likes this.
    03-19-14 07:31 AM
    Maybe I should get my next phone at Costco. They seem to honor their products. I lost a phone once but I had insurance with Bell and I had zero problems in getting a replacement. I once suggested that BlackBerry should offer the equivalent to what Apple offers (but was shot down by the good folks here at CB).

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax.

The free support for 90 days would have been very beneficial for BBOS owners making the switch to BB10.
    Nemzy likes this.
    03-19-14 09:43 AM
    Maybe I should get my next phone at Costco. They seem to honor their products. I lost a phone once but I had insurance with Bell and I had zero problems in getting a replacement. I once suggested that BlackBerry should offer the equivalent to what Apple offers (but was shot down by the good folks here at CB).

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax.

The free support for 90 days would have been very beneficial for BBOS owners making the switch to BB10.
    OF COURSE BBRY should offer something similar to Apple. What a great differentiator that would be.

I stick with HTC and B&N Android products because of how I've been treated by the companies beyond any warranty periods. If I spend my money buying a product in a clogged market, I expect to be treated well.
    03-19-14 06:56 PM
    One of the biggest jokes about bbs warranty program came from a friend of mine whose glass on the camera lense (not the glass housing) cracked. He told me the company wanted something like 50 bucks to open a customer service ticket!!! This was a month old phone that had an internal part fail. He was bad mouthing the company on Facebook and compared his experience with service he received from apple. Not good, but I don't blame him.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 08:25 PM
    Se seller rating on ebay

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:40 AM
    Se seller rating on ebay

Posted via CB10
    What does a sellers rating have to do with BlackBerry providing warranty on their products?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-27-14 02:14 PM
    What does a sellers rating have to do with BlackBerry providing warranty on their products?
    Nothing at all. Don't bother yourself.
    This guy has been banned several instances under several user names.
    Nemzy likes this.
    03-27-14 09:49 PM
    I bought a Blackberry Z10 2 weeks after launch from EE in the UK and I was having problems with it random restarts etc. I took it to the EE store and the guy at the store was telling me that I was supposed to take it up with Blackberry and tried to help me find Blackberry Warranty Information but there was absolutely nothing so the only alternative was for EE to use their in-house team to fix the issues and provide me with a temporary phone.

I later decided to go with the Q10 for its better battery life and purchased one from ebay. I have had this for almost 3 months now and recently the touch screen has refused to work. EE will not support me this time because I didn't purchase the phone directly from them and there is no way to go directly to BlackBerry. This is definitely an issue. As much as I don't like apple products, within the first year, if you have any issue, you can take them into an apple store and get it fixed or even a replacement regardless of where you purchased it from.

Im not saying that BlackBerry should now open blackberry stores because I know they are currently in no position to, but there should be clear instructions on making warranty claims directly through BlackBerry. I've now had to buy some tools to try to fix it myself (There a really good video on youtube that shows you what the repair shop will do so might as well do it yourself with the tools) and it turns out I'm going to have to replace the screen + digitizer unit.

Is there even really a BlackBerry Warranty?

Edit: The Q10 from ebay was Brand New so only a few months old now (Q10 hasn't even been out for up to a year yet)
    This is common in the UK with buying any phones from UK Carriers. You walk into their Store by a Mobile phone (any make) and a few weeks later, it starts having issues. When you return it to the store. The store assistants will say and do anything, so they don't have to replace or repair it. When UK Law states that when you purchase an device from a store, the device automatically comes with a 12 month warranty, which is the responsibility of the store. So for the first 12 months after purchase, the store is responsible for repairs & replacements. that's it. Simple. But they will try and pass the blame to someone else. After all, it cost them to ship your device from store to service centre and repair it, it cost them more to replace it. This is why they (all UK Carrier Stores) tell lies. And basically break the law.

Posted via CB10
    Nemzy likes this.
    03-28-14 12:44 AM
41 12