Still not sold on the android blackberry.

Been using a z30 for about a year now, and just bought a passport

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 06:30 PM
    Will likely consider Windows (for continuity) when BB10 reaches end of life. Will never go iOS. If Android gets cleaned up and doesn't remain so disjointed I'll consider going back to it.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 06:59 PM
    Why, because the Internet said so? This has been overblown like a lot of what we read online. They could have done a better job with some settings, no doubt, and have focused on fixing them. Beyond that I can feel as safe on Windows 10 as any other platform.
    ^^ This.

Microsoft at least gets their money primarily from selling software, not advertising, so they are more aligned with their users' interests than, say, Google is.

If you go with Windows Professional and lock down your settings properly, then don't use your Administrator account for daily tasks, Windows 10 does not require any personally identifiable data at all. In that case, your privacy risks are only information you choose to share online or through apps.

The problem with smart phones and privacy is that every app that you purchase through an App Store automatically gets passed your identity information. If you truly care about your privacy, you should only use apps on your phone that you don't mind associating with your real ID, like your personal email account.

For almost everything else, you are much better off using your phone's browser and logging in to a browser account with an alias ID.

Finally, if you care about privacy, you need to use a password manager and create unique credentials for every online service that doesn't truly require your PID. You should not log on to services with your Google or Facebook IDs.

It's unfortunate that it's so much work to maintain basic privacy online. The only long term solution is for consumers to pay money for the services they use. So long as they are free, the companies can justify invading your privacy to monetize their services.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 04:16 AM
    I'm going to go ios for a while. See how I like it. Didn't take to the Priv. Not for me. I hated android actually. Also didn't like the pkb at all. Found myself using the touch 99% of the time. Using z30 now. If BlackBerry updates this device i'd come back in a heartbeat. I like BlackBerry o/s best of all but this phone is dated and I'd like to use something more mainstream right now.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-15-15 04:07 PM
    definitely iphone, maybe the iphone mini. but i'l be using the Classic for as long as it's a viable communication tool. And as long as FastTube is maintained and working.

If you showed iOS and Android users the capabilities of BB10 and FastTube, you'd have people switching yesterday. Killer app.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 06:46 AM
    Thanks to z10Jobe

Had to copy and paste this post.
    It sums up the whole "don't panic" thing

Another nausea inducing pessimistic doom and gloom fatalistic thread.

Just use whatever phone you want. Right now bb10 is working great for me. If its not working great for you go elsewhere. Your current bb10 phone isn going to instantly dissolve if BlackBerry announces that they are out of the hardware or bb10 business.

If you have to switch it may take you all of 10 minutes to learn the basics of the android or ios operating system. No need for an advance 12 month contingency preparation period.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    TgeekB and skstrials like this.
    12-16-15 08:26 AM
    Thanks to z10Jobe

Had to copy and paste this post.
    It sums up the whole "don't panic" thing

Another nausea inducing pessimistic doom and gloom fatalistic thread.

Just use whatever phone you want. Right now bb10 is working great for me. If its not working great for you go elsewhere. Your current bb10 phone isn going to instantly dissolve if BlackBerry announces that they are out of the hardware or bb10 business.

If you have to switch it may take you all of 10 minutes to learn the basics of the android or ios operating system. No need for an advance 12 month contingency preparation period.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Why make yourself nauseated by even coming and posting to this thread? You never even said which OS you would switch to IF YOU HAD TOO..its all hypothetically speaking. If the post doesn't pertain to you..move on.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    techvisor likes this.
    12-16-15 09:54 AM
    stop saying too instead of to

Posted via CB10
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-16-15 10:09 AM
    Too/To, Devil/Davil
    12-16-15 11:04 AM
    Too/To, Devil/Davil
    Stop mixing threads, else we be running the risk of turning this forum into a giant plate of spaghetti.

I have trouble enough keeping my individual shoes tied, let alone preventing the risk of unintentionally tying them together.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 12:08 PM
    Stop mixing threads, else we be running the risk of turning this forum into a giant plate of spaghetti.

I have trouble enough keeping my individual shoes tied, let alone preventing the risk of unintentionally tying them together.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I can't get the Davil out of my head!
    12-16-15 12:43 PM
    BB Bold. I am going backwards for Lent.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 10:12 PM
    That is very bold of you.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-17-15 10:51 PM
    If no BB10, no stinking Android or iOS, maybe a nice flip phone.
    12-17-15 11:07 PM
    Not Apple, unless they come out with something game-changing and that seems less and less likely as time goes by.

Windows Phone is looking... interesting these days, though there are significant gaps in their ecosystem -- worse than on my Passport in some instances. I've got an open mind but they have work to do.

I feel somewhat better about Android since getting a decent tablet last winter. In terms over overall user interaction I still think BB10 is a superior OS, but Google is slowly reeling me in. The Priv tempted me on launch but between the on-contract price and the lack of wireless charging on carrier models in Canada I've been easily able to resist.

I may actually stay on BB10 a while yet. I don't have any illusions about its viability improving (ever--that boat has definitely sailed), but I like the OS a lot and I still REALLY like the Passport form-factor. I could even look at an SE.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    12-17-15 11:39 PM
    Given the recent statement of John Chen, it will be a Nokia 108.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 03:23 AM
    You can attribute that to the head of the fan site basically using an Android device with a BlackBerry sticker on it as his main device. Lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 

You can attribute that to the missteps of a CEO who didn't understand the business he was appointed to lead.
    12-18-15 08:40 AM
    If BlackBerry 10 disappear I'll go into Android, had enough of mobile OS with very little market share.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:56 AM
    Not Apple, unless they come out with something game-changing and that seems less and less likely as time goes by.

Windows Phone is looking... interesting these days, though there are significant gaps in their ecosystem -- worse than on my Passport in some instances. I've got an open mind but they have work to do.

I feel somewhat better about Android since getting a decent tablet last winter. In terms over overall user interaction I still think BB10 is a superior OS, but Google is slowly reeling me in. The Priv tempted me on launch but between the on-contract price and the lack of wireless charging on carrier models in Canada I've been easily able to resist.

I may actually stay on BB10 a while yet. I don't have any illusions about its viability improving (ever--that boat has definitely sailed), but I like the OS a lot and I still REALLY like the Passport form-factor. I could even look at an SE.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    BlackBerry should be making an Android Passport. How difficult can it be?

After switching to an Samsung , I can not say that I miss BB10 very much. I think that for an all touch user the benefits of a particular OS are over rated. I do not use Google Now and therefore the experience is quite similar across platforms.

Owning a BlackBerry was like having a hobby and I miss that aspect.

Small point. I prefer having a physical home button and a right side virtual back button over the Priv / Nexus arrangement.
    12-18-15 10:04 AM
    If no BB10, no stinking Android or iOS, maybe a nice flip phone.
    Here ya go. Enjoy.

acovey likes this.
    12-18-15 11:54 AM
    Lol, if they made that phone where the whole keypad was touchscreen and combined that with the other small screen, I'd buy that right now!! Hey Blackberry, let's make that happen!!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    TgeekB, acovey and jope28 like this.
    12-18-15 12:58 PM
    Lol, if they made that phone where the whole keypad was touchscreen and combined that with the other small screen, I'd buy that right now!! Hey Blackberry, let's make that happen!!

I remember carrying that sucker around. Thought it was the coolest thing ever!
    acovey likes this.
    12-18-15 01:00 PM
    I remember carrying that sucker around. Thought it was the coolest thing ever!
    I had one too. I also had a cordless house phone that looked like it.
    What phone will the rest of you switch too?-instatext_26.png

12-18-15 01:37 PM
    I had one too. I also had a cordless house phone that looked like it. Here is what my idea of a new version should be ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InstaText_26.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	384928

acovey likes this.
    12-18-15 02:26 PM
    Thanks, looks much nicer than Android or Apple. Almost like my old Motrola Startac.
    12-19-15 12:56 AM
245 ... 23456 ...