If BlackBerry releases a mid-tier android I'll go with that. If not then a Zenfone probably.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 06:32 PM
    Looking forward to remember good old times with Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte, it could be also BB 9900 if BIS plan wasn't required for BBM&Emails.
    01-21-16 01:46 AM
    If Microsoft ports over its industrial design language from the Surface line, then I'll be hard pressed to buy anything else. The Lumia 950 is ugly, and WinPhone10 is buggy by all accounts. But a Surface Phone? Well that could be beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    A surface phone could be awesome.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-21-16 11:28 AM
    I agree on the Surface phone. Dig my new Classic and will use it as long as it meets my needs. Android and iOS just don't cut it for me and my plethora of email accounts and email management. If a Surface phone can meet my business needs I would consider it if BlackBerry is truly done (doom and gloom folks aside) with BlackBerry 10.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    01-21-16 02:23 PM
    A surface phone could be awesome.
    LOL the Surface tablet is horrible...full of bugs..In case you didn't get the memo, Windows is done in phone
    02-06-16 09:41 PM
    What is Apple's market share in the laptop and desktop realm? 16 percent or less last time I read. The cheaper can do the same thing options hand them their asses. What is their once high tablet market looking like? That graph I assure you is not what anyone in Apple is pleased with. The iPhone's heyday and high costs (like all "Flagships") are soon coming to an end. I don't think you are considering saturation. There is not much a '13 device cannot do that a '16 can. It maybe a bit faster but that's really about it for the average consumer. Mobile phone sales (overall) are factually slowing.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Market share means squat..how about this: Android has over 80% market share yet except for Samsung not a single Oem is making money. Apple with 15 % share makes more money than the rest of the Oems combined.
    02-06-16 10:30 PM
    LOL the Surface tablet is horrible...full of bugs..In case you didn't get the memo, Windows is done in phone
    My Surface and Surface Pro 3 tablets are awesome. Haven't had any issues in years that I've had them.
    JeepBB and Bluenoser63 like this.
    02-07-16 12:49 AM
    What you don't seem to understand is, people who buy BlackBerry phones know there aren't a large selection of native apps. But, for some reason they still buy it. Which must mean, they want the phone for some reason other than apps. If lack of apps is not a problem for these people, then what makes you think a lack of apps on another platform that they want to use, would be?

I find it funny that windows has way more "programs" than apple has "apps".

If BlackBerry 10 dies, and my PassPort needs to be put down, I'll grab up a Windows Phone and hope it can send emails and text and make phone calls.
    Windows/Microsoft is a software company that makes a phone. Apple is a computer company. It doesn't make software. stands to reason the Windows phone would have more programs. What is interesting is that everyone is making apps for the iPhone.
    02-07-16 11:43 AM
    Market share means squat..how about this: Android has over 80% market share yet except for Samsung not a single Oem is making money. Apple with 15 % share makes more money than the rest of the Oems combined.
    I dont think so.

The Chinese OEMs such as Xiaomi and Huawei are doing quite well these days. But I agree that it can be tough to make money as an Android manufacturer.

Also, Apple makes that much money because they have a significantly larger profit margin than the other companies. This means that Apple is making more money per handset than the rest of the other companies.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 12:04 PM
    Nexus, something or other...

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-08-16 12:10 AM
    Windows/Microsoft is a software company that makes a phone. Apple is a computer company. It doesn't make software. stands to reason the Windows phone would have more programs. What is interesting is that everyone is making apps for the iPhone.
    Well, your half right. Windows phone does have more programs. Microsoft's been making programs since Win95. Where you are wrong is, Apple makes programs too. That's why in there iphone commercials they say, they make the OS and the programs and that's why their phones just work. It was Apples attempt to say Android phones have bugs because Android doesn't make their own programs. But as you just pointed out, plenty of people are making programs for Apple, so I guess they lied.
    02-08-16 12:12 AM
    I would only switch to a device with PKB and track pad!
    one handed use of such a device is just so much faster and comfortable.
    Going to get another Classic just in case, for years to come if no new PKB device will be developed like a Classic-2

a Classic-2 with up-to-date hardware would be awesome.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-08-16 04:42 AM
    I guess you actually haven't used one. All employees in our company have them. As the IT Manager, I would know if they are full of bugs. They aren't.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-08-16 05:24 AM
    Well, your half right. Windows phone does have more programs. Microsoft's been making programs since Win95. Where you are wrong is, Apple makes programs too. That's why in there iphone commercials they say, they make the OS and the programs and that's why their phones just work. It was Apples attempt to say Android phones have bugs because Android doesn't make their own programs. But as you just pointed out, plenty of people are making programs for Apple, so I guess they lied.
    In all fairness i think that Apple Vetts their app developers better than Android. At least that's what I've heard.
    02-08-16 10:13 AM
    Do you have a copy of that memo?
    02-08-16 10:15 AM
    If the handset business goes belly up, the ecosystem, boosted by high security businesses like government, would still last at least 3-5 years. The passport hardware can withstand that gap until a better offer arrives. Otherwise windows phone. Hopefully Microsoft buys the handset business. Windows as a platform is not going down in the coming 10+ years.
    02-08-16 10:23 AM
    I was looking to switch to a nexus 6 and backed out, too freaking big for me.. and everything else is exactly the same. Nothing was pulling me in. I will shed a tear when I have to let go of my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 06:05 PM
    I was looking to switch to a nexus 6 and backed out, too freaking big for me.. and everything else is exactly the same. Nothing was pulling me in. I will shed a tear when I have to let go of my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I went from a z10 to passport. So much more processing power... unlocked z10s are 129 cad now. Refurbished.
    02-08-16 07:25 PM
    I will get the Turing smartphone when it gets released this year. It will have Jolla Sailfish Os very much like the BB10 Os gestures and a fully working google playstore and google play services in it too. The hardware is very impressive too.

  
    02-08-16 11:53 PM
    If BB10 goes away, then I'll go with a Blackberry android device provided its actually Private. If not then I'll go with Apple. I just bought an Ipad Air 2 over a Android tablet. The item which pushed me over to the Apple side was CEO Tim Cooks strong stance on encryption, and standing firm against government pressure.
    Last edited by pschlaffer; 02-14-16 at 10:05 AM.
    02-09-16 09:23 PM
    Now I want a Vertu phone. Unfortunately the ones I 'want are like $14,000

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 10:47 PM
    Do you have a copy of that memo?
    What phone will the rest of you switch too?-2934659.jpg
    techvisor and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-09-16 11:11 PM
    My Surface and Surface Pro 3 tablets are awesome. Haven't had any issues in years that I've had them.
    I have a SP3 and I've not had any issues

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    02-09-16 11:16 PM
    I currently have a Q10 but my next phone would probably be the Passport or Vienna. Leaning more towards the Passport.

Posted via Q10
    02-10-16 02:01 AM
    I will get the Turing smartphone when it gets released this year. It will have Jolla Sailfish Os very much like the BB10 Os gestures and a fully working google playstore and google play services in it too. The hardware is very impressive too.

  
    woah, is this true? i thought jolla was dead. could be my next too

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 04:08 PM
245 ... 78910