Not really. You cant seem to compare one smartphone to another. You want this food to phone comparison which i have argued is not a real comparison. the reason for the purchase is completely different. If you take the 4 OS's available it is clear who is the most popular and why. BB is dead. has been since 2007. Winphones, MS has the ability to throw money at it for a long time. I dont know much about it so I cant really speak to its function. That leaves two Android, and iOS. iOS is on a single manufactures phone and based on that it has the largest customer base. It is arguably the most expensive phone with the Priv coming in second. I'll stand by my original post
    Again, not sure if trolling, or unable to read a full post. It's like you skim over a post, pick out a few words, then focus on that, ignoring the rest of the comment. I can do that too.

BB didn't die in 2007, I purchased a PassPort in 2014. Unless you are indicating that the PassPort is a Zombie.
    01-06-16 09:54 AM
    The same can be argued with Ferrari and Bugatti, those are not the most sold autos but it can be said and many would agree that they are better than say a Camaro..
     Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    Exactly, the whole point of that guys comparison was, the number of an item you sale, does not directly compare to how good the product is. Which is why he used McDonalds in his logical comparison. They sale the most burgers, but do not have the best quality of burger.

Fist bump for understanding.
    juanjo322 likes this.
    01-06-16 09:57 AM
    BB has a future if they make good phones at a reasonable price using and improving the Android OS. Like to see BlackBerry partner with another manufacturer in the designing and manufacturing of an all touch phone.

The Vienna has the potential to increase sales sufficiently to make their production goal. Hopefully the phone will neither be too tall or too wide.
    My impression is that people have at best a love hate relationship with Samsung. I am really optimistic about BB making a quality Android device with a nice set of email and other tools but not too much bloat to differentiate themselves from Samsung in the Android market. I think such a device could sell really well if priced aggressively.
    01-06-16 10:01 AM
    All I want is the Priv to be price around $550 and I'll try it out. I'd go for a S6 Edge but it doesn't have a keyboard and doesn't have any BB software either..

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-06-16 10:38 AM
    My impression is that people have at best a love hate relationship with Samsung. I am really optimistic about BB making a quality Android device with a nice set of email and other tools but not too much bloat to differentiate themselves from Samsung in the Android market. I think such a device could sell really well if priced aggressively.
    The worst of bloatware came from my carrier. Many of these unwanted apps can be disabled . I only show the apps that I use so really I do not find bloatware much of a problem. It is not like the Amazon problem on BB10 as an example.
    01-06-16 11:19 AM
    Come and talk to me when McDonalds is selling a 700.00 hamburger. McDonalds sells the most because they are cheap and fast. Not because they make good food. That's how the food industry works. I assume you compare apples to oranges alot.
    I was responding to your claim that a product's superior popularity somehow proves it's superior qualities. The point is that popular doesn't mean better, regardless of the price point. Only a small subset of buyers purchase products based on objective quality or value criteria. Most purchase based on their perception of convenience, quality and value. That's why people buy poorly engineered expensive vehicles, for example, when objectively better ones are available at the same price point.

The market determines winners and losers, but that doesn't mean the market is smart about it. Apple had first mover advantage and created a network effect for its ecosystem. Android was a fast follower with an excellent distribution strategy and Google's deep pockets. Blackberry was too late to the party and could not turn either incumbency or security certifications into a strategic advantage. That pretty much explains the market share issue.

Since very few people have even tried (or know about) BB10, it's just silly to say that the market has "chosen" the best OS. Popular is a fact, but it doesn't prove superiority in anything.

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy and outlooker like this.
    01-06-16 12:15 PM
    Is anyone paying attention to what is happening with Apple's stock price. The supplier vendors are getting order cuts and the iPhone is simply not selling as it once was. It's reign is just about over. I actually think any high priced mobile device is not long. The Chinese are coming full bore this year with unlocked, high spec'd, affordable devices. ASUS has a hell of good value Android and now Windows 10 device. Unless a device has a real stand out feature(s) or a niche good luck. The days of high priced, carrier subsidized devices is quickly coming to an end. Saturation is also real. I'll stick with my myriad of BlackBerry 10 devices. They all work exceptionally well for me and my needs.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    01-07-16 12:38 AM
    Is anyone paying attention to what is happening with Apple's stock price. The supplier vendors are getting order cuts and the iPhone is simply not selling as it once was. It's reign is just about over. I actually think any high priced mobile device is not long. The Chinese are coming full bore this year with unlocked, high spec'd, affordable devices. ASUS has a hell of good value Android and now Windows 10 device. Unless a device has a real stand out feature(s) or a niche good luck. The days of high priced, carrier subsidized devices is quickly coming to an end. Saturation is also real. I'll stick with my myriad of BlackBerry 10 devices. They all work exceptionally well for me and my needs.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Reports of Apple's demise have been greatly exaggerated...for years. Every time reports like the ones you're talking about surface, they deliver record sales, making all of the naysayers look like idiots. I expect nothing different this time around.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-07-16 04:21 AM
    Z10, Z30, Playbook,Classic, 9900, Curve and now I have moved on to a Motorola Droid MAXX 2 for personal use. BB10 was nice but I have seen the writing on the wall with the Priv and I will not be left holding the bag again (Playbook). Still have a Classic work phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BuryLancs likes this.
    01-07-16 06:21 AM
    Reports of Apple's demise have been greatly exaggerated...for years. Every time reports like the ones you're talking about surface, they deliver record sales, making all of the naysayers look like idiots. I expect nothing different this time around.
    Then your not paying attention. Read up on how many billion in market value the stock has lost. It's real. Do you really expect people to keep paying two or three times as much for equally capable devices?

Z10 on 10.3.2
    01-07-16 09:47 AM
    Then your not paying attention. Read up on how many billion in market value the stock has lost. It's real. Do you really expect people to keep paying two or three times as much for equally capable devices?

Z10 on 10.3.2
    You, like a lot of people make the mistake of confusing the health of the company with the health of the stock. AAPL can be brought low by a sketchy rumor of supply chain cuts. Meanwhile, Apple continues to make products that the rest of the industry seems to want to duplicate. Look no further than the new laptops announced by LG, Lenovo, and HP at CES.
    01-07-16 10:32 AM
    What is Apple's market share in the laptop and desktop realm? 16 percent or less last time I read. The cheaper can do the same thing options hand them their asses. What is their once high tablet market looking like? That graph I assure you is not what anyone in Apple is pleased with. The iPhone's heyday and high costs (like all "Flagships") are soon coming to an end. I don't think you are considering saturation. There is not much a '13 device cannot do that a '16 can. It maybe a bit faster but that's really about it for the average consumer. Mobile phone sales (overall) are factually slowing.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    01-07-16 12:39 PM
    What is Apple's market share in the laptop and desktop realm? 16 percent or less last time I read. The cheaper can do the same thing options hand them their asses. What is their once high tablet market looking like? That graph I assure you is not what anyone in Apple is pleased with. The iPhone's heyday and high costs (like all "Flagships") are soon coming to an end. I don't think you are considering saturation. There is not much a '13 device cannot do that a '16 can. It maybe a bit faster but that's really about it for the average consumer. Mobile phone sales (overall) are factually slowing.

I agree...Chinese makers up until now have been shut out of the US market. Now that they have opened the floodgates to foreign phone makers, we will see dozens of more phones that can do what all the highend phones do for half the price. And to address the food industry comment/comparison, you see how long "gourmet burger" places last..not long at all. So yea, that new gourmet burger place aka Apple might have a line out the door today, but a week from now when people realize that can save money and get just as full at the fast food burger joint aka Android/Foreign Phone makers, then they will eventually stop going to the over-priced burger joint! I have friends now that are already ditching Apple. My friend yest just told me that he has an Android tablet that he gets way more accomplished on that his iPhone, and that he is about to find a Android phone he likes to go with his tablet..

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-07-16 12:54 PM
    The same question could be asked of iPhone users. The obvious answer to your question however is the keyboard. Also I don't think that you can get a much better android handset for half the price.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. You can only buy iPhone from one company.
    01-07-16 06:07 PM
    You, like a lot of people make the mistake of confusing the health of the company with the health of the stock. AAPL can be brought low by a sketchy rumor of supply chain cuts. Meanwhile, Apple continues to make products that the rest of the industry seems to want to duplicate. Look no further than the new laptops announced by LG, Lenovo, and HP at CES.
    Apple has lost 208 BILLION in (over hyped) market value in less than a year. One cannot discount this significance. Perhaps innovation in the mobile realm is played out. Until then iphone and the vast majority of all touch slabs are all very similar.

01-07-16 06:29 PM
    Apple has lost 208 BILLION in (over hyped) market value in less than a year. One cannot discount this significance. Perhaps innovation in the mobile realm is played out. Until then iphone and the vast majority of all touch slabs are all very similar.

that's actually amazing, not good, but huge and surprising. I must say, ever since steve jobs' death, Apple has gone downhill in my book, a lot. I miss Snow Leopard.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-08-16 09:39 AM
    All of the all touch slab phones are really more or less the same since '13-14. All have a decent camera, nice glass, good screen quality, fast enough processor for all but the spec hungry and OS's that are improving with each update. (this is the saturation effect) I think BlackBerry would be real smart to continue to leverage their security and phenomenal PKB's in subsequent devices irrespective of OS. I do hope they keep and maintain BlackBerry 10 as Chen noted. As loyalists (speaking for my wife and myself) and having other OS's on our tablets (Android) for entertainment or laptops and desktops (Win 10) we could not fathom any other mobile OS for our business mobile phone needs. I bought us a couple new, unlocked Z30's last Thanksgiving and I asked my wife just the other day "would you like the new Android BlackBerry Priv or any other new device?" Her response "Hell no, why would I? My phone works great and has only gotten better with updates."

01-08-16 07:35 PM
    I fully expect Apple's market share to fall into the single digits by the end of 2017.
    01-10-16 08:36 AM
    I fully expect Apple's market share to fall into the single digits by the end of 2017.
    Interesting. Who will own the other 90%+ market share? Android alone or will something else pop up?
    01-10-16 10:48 AM
    Interesting. Who will own the other 90%+ market share? Android alone or will something else pop up?
    I guess the preferred OEM would be BB, but since there's such hatred involved, anyone but Apple would do in a pinch.
    01-10-16 10:52 AM
    Windows OS

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 10:53 AM
    I'd probably go to Priv. I ran Android on my HP touchpad and it wasn't bad. I got to have a keyboard.

I also think as time goes on, Google will adopt some of the BB10 features we like since they are partnering with BlackBerry on some things. Google isn't dumb and can see what features are better.

A year from now the Priv will be much more smooth just as BB10 didn't really get going until 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:41 AM
    Windows 10.
    01-18-16 02:40 AM
    If Microsoft comes out with the rumored Surface Phone running a full Windows 10 Pro, that will be a no brainer and a huge upgrade from BB10, iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 07:54 AM
    If Microsoft comes out with the rumored Surface Phone running a full Windows 10 Pro, that will be a no brainer and a huge upgrade from BB10, iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    If Microsoft ports over its industrial design language from the Surface line, then I'll be hard pressed to buy anything else. The Lumia 950 is ugly, and WinPhone10 is buggy by all accounts. But a Surface Phone? Well that could be beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-18-16 10:32 AM
245 ... 678910