Lets keep it real, if anyone was app dependent, they wouldn't have a Blackberry in the first place. So using the lack of apps as a reason to not get another phone is, well, stupid.
    Please don't use logic to question the extreme wisdom and guidance of the Extreme One in these troubled times.

Right now I am working hard to better myself by practising my reaching stance to mask my extreme moronity, but I am finding that I don't have much to work with.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:06 PM
    BlackBerry's version of Android will no doubt be the most likely version of Android ios or windows phone that doesn't annoy me.

I will most probably get the priv for mobile office purposes. But I feel it will suffer the same curse as my passport (too big and precious for my outdoor weekend lifestyle).

Hopefully I can swap sims into another less important device on weekends without wearing out the sim ejecting mechanism.

Vienna maybe if it manages to run our bb10 workspace app also.

I cant deal with pure slabs of glass. They simply just aren't good enough.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:06 PM
    Lets keep it real, if anyone was app dependent, they wouldn't have a Blackberry in the first place. So using the lack of apps as a reason to not get another phone is, well, stupid.
    And yet it was the lack of apps that killed BB10 and BB for that matter. It's not really that stupid. Apps drive the smartphone market. BB has no apps and they are dead. Win phones have a very bad selection of apps and they are next in line. Stevie Wonder can see this but People who have stuck with this company are in a crazy state of denial. Since 2007 this company has implemented one bad idea after another. There is no end in sight. This company let me down. It let all of us down. Bad hardware, Bad software, bad implementation, Just plain Bad Ideas.
    01-04-16 11:24 PM
    Out of line calling BB10 and WinPhone users names like that.

I'll bite anyway. Some people don't need tons of apps. Windows Phone has its issues, but it is an interesting operating system. And if you need apps, the prospect of universal apps shared between Win10 and WinPhone10 is pretty interesting and just might work.

BB10 is still an amazing operating system that bests any other mobile OS in many ways (while being highly deficient in others). And it's the only OS with good physical keyboards (the Priv's isn't good enough imo, but maybe the Vienna's will be).

---

Now on a philosophical level, do you really believe the masses are happier now that they gauge their happiness based on Instagram likes? These tiny dopamine spikes are addicting. Narcissism isn't healthy, and I can tell you that I'm glad I only had to deal with Facebook in college, and nothing in high school (life's more fun when it feels like American Graffiti).

Just because the masses choose the platform that feeds their social media addiction the best doesn't mean that they're right.
    If what you say was true, Corporations, large and small would not be moving to iOS and Android. I've always read posts like yours that claim people buy these phones because they can use Instagram and Facebook. That these two social media outlets are driving the industry. I'm reminded of a line from a country song "Some say it's a backward place, Narrow minds on a narrow wage" Remove the apps from a smartphone and all you have left is a slab masquerading as a smartphone. You don't need 3,4,5,700.00 dollar phones to send an email. My Z10 had the BOA app from google on it. One of the most important apps I had because this was my business bank acct. It never worked right. Mint, never worked right, everything had glitches. at the price of phones these days, I dont want work arounds and side loading. I want it to work! End of story.
    Bbnivende, shaleem and DINGSTER1 like this.
    01-04-16 11:36 PM
    And yet it was the lack of apps that killed BB10 and BB for that matter. It's not really that stupid. Apps drive the smartphone market. BB has no apps and they are dead. Win phones have a very bad selection of apps and they are next in line. Stevie Wonder can see this but People who have stuck with this company are in a crazy state of denial. Since 2007 this company has implemented one bad idea after another. There is no end in sight. This company let me down. It let all of us down. Bad hardware, Bad software, bad implementation, Just plain Bad Ideas.
    What you don't seem to understand is, people who buy BlackBerry phones know there aren't a large selection of native apps. But, for some reason they still buy it. Which must mean, they want the phone for some reason other than apps. If lack of apps is not a problem for these people, then what makes you think a lack of apps on another platform that they want to use, would be?

I find it funny that windows has way more "programs" than apple has "apps".

If BlackBerry 10 dies, and my PassPort needs to be put down, I'll grab up a Windows Phone and hope it can send emails and text and make phone calls.
    Couver81 likes this.
    01-05-16 12:36 AM
    I read a bunch of these and the theme is the same. No iOS and No Android. a lot of you would go to Windows phone. It just seems that the BB community is not very smart as a whole. Win Phone as the same lack of apps the BB has. WHY would you go to a device that is just barely ahead of the doomed devices that BB makes? It's like, as a collective you guys are morons. I'm not going to single anyone out. I am saying as a whole. I've moved to one of the leaders and while it took some getting used to. It's what people want. I am sure you can all argue it's not but, Numbers simply don't lie. They don't lie for the guy top or the guy at the bottom. BB is clearly the very bottom and its not gonna change
    So, because more people choose something that makes it better? By that logic, McDonalds must be the "best" food in the world!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 08:47 AM
    So, because more people choose something that makes it better? By that logic, McDonalds must be the "best" food in the world!

Posted via CB10
    Better is quite subjective and largely irrelevant in this context.
    shaleem likes this.
    01-05-16 12:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Come and talk to me when McDonalds is selling a 700.00 hamburger. McDonalds sells the most because they are cheap and fast. Not because they make good food. That's how the food industry works. I assume you compare apples to oranges alot.
    01-05-16 01:59 PM
    What you don't seem to understand is, people who buy BlackBerry phones know there aren't a large selection of native apps. But, for some reason they still buy it. Which must mean, they want the phone for some reason other than apps. If lack of apps is not a problem for these people, then what makes you think a lack of apps on another platform that they want to use, would be?

I find it funny that windows has way more "programs" than apple has "apps".

If BlackBerry 10 dies, and my PassPort needs to be put down, I'll grab up a Windows Phone and hope it can send emails and text and make phone calls.
    That's far from a true statement. There are many threads here about the lack of apps and how to side load an app and how to use the companies website in place of the app. Just as people will pay top dollar for a substandard device, They will buy a device knowing it has problems. They hope that the company will somehow fix it and then ***** when it doesn't.
    z10Jobe likes this.
    01-05-16 02:04 PM
    Come and talk to me when McDonalds is selling a 700.00 hamburger. McDonalds sells the most because they are cheap and fast. Not because they make good food. That's how the food industry works. I assume you compare apples to oranges alot.
    McDonald's does have the best "fast food" fries!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-05-16 03:08 PM
    That's far from a true statement. There are many threads here about the lack of apps and how to side load an app and how to use the companies website in place of the app. Just as people will pay top dollar for a substandard device, They will buy a device knowing it has problems. They hope that the company will somehow fix it and then ***** when it doesn't.
    I said native apps, because I meant native apps. The people that need a ton of apps, shouldn't buy a phone that doesn't have it. Long story short, don't buy something, if it doesn't fulfill your needs.

List of apps I use, text, email and phone.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-05-16 05:01 PM
    Don't try and change the subject. He said, using your logic, the if a company sells a lot of something, it must mean it's the best. He used fast food as an example. He wasn't comparing burgers to phones, he was comparing sales numbers, to sales numbers.
    01-05-16 05:08 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 06:01 PM
    Don't try and change the subject. He said, using your logic, the if a company sells a lot of something, it must mean it's the best. He used fast food as an example. He wasn't comparing burgers to phones, he was comparing sales numbers, to sales numbers.
    McDonalds is among other things a great example of the benefit of being to market among the first. There is a lesson there for those looking at BB. They also showed the benefit of building a business where any McDonalds anywhere would serve the same product.
    01-05-16 07:19 PM
    McDonalds is among other things a great example of the benefit of being to market among the first. There is a lesson there for those looking at BB. They also showed the benefit of building a business where any McDonalds anywhere would serve the same product.
    I'm with the other users, McDonald's isn't a good comparison to the smart phone biz. No one is keeping certain beef or chicken brands from being distributed to other Fast Food restaurants. Unlike the smart phone biz and apps.. there are hundreds of apps that are kept from other phone makers and their OS, and that tips the scales in unfair directions.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-05-16 07:28 PM
    Sales numbers in the fast food industry to sales numbers in the technology industry. I cant even follow the lack of logic in that. If McDonalds raised the price of their hamburger to 5.00, hamburger sales would tank and Burger King would be on top. so , lets stick to apples and apples.The real truth is that BB could drop the price of the priv to 50.00 and it still wouldn't move the company. While some may not use apps at all, The entire smartphone market is driven by apps. Who needs a 700.00 phone to talk text and email? It's the apps that drive it. Apps dont drive BB. Nothing drives BB anymore. I was a loyal user. I loved my BB's and switched only because the Z10 I have, died. There was nothing to replace it that was new. I would've had to buy a 2 yr old Z30 as a replacement. I adjusted to the iPhone. It took some time to get it to work in a way that was acceptable to me but I managed. Others seem to manage also because they buy them non stop. This company suffered from an avalanche of truly bad decisions from a few people. This will be a software and app company because they cant make devices to safe themselves. If they could you would have to think that they would
    01-05-16 10:24 PM
    I thought that the Priv had all the apps in the world?

Posted via CB10
    Couver81 likes this.
    01-05-16 10:30 PM
    Sales numbers in the fast food industry to sales numbers in the technology industry. I cant even follow the lack of logic in that. If McDonalds raised the price of their hamburger to 5.00, hamburger sales would tank and Burger King would be on top. so , lets stick to apples and apples.The real truth is that BB could drop the price of the priv to 50.00 and it still wouldn't move the company. While some may not use apps at all, The entire smartphone market is driven by apps. Who needs a 700.00 phone to talk text and email? It's the apps that drive it. Apps dont drive BB. Nothing drives BB anymore. I was a loyal user. I loved my BB's and switched only because the Z10 I have, died. There was nothing to replace it that was new. I would've had to buy a 2 yr old Z30 as a replacement. I adjusted to the iPhone. It took some time to get it to work in a way that was acceptable to me but I managed. Others seem to manage also because they buy them non stop. This company suffered from an avalanche of truly bad decisions from a few people. This will be a software and app company because they cant make devices to safe themselves. If they could you would have to think that they would
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or if you truly can't understand. You're more focused on the food, instead of point of the guys argument. That's why I said "
    if a company sells a lot of something, it must mean it's the best.
    " I said company so you could look past the burgers, doesn't matter if it's food, phones, cars. Going by your logic, whoever sales the most, has the best product.
    01-05-16 11:47 PM
    Now that BlackBerry has switched to Android I believe they will be able to continue in the hardware business.

But... If I had to switch companies today it would for a LG V10. Beyond that a Nexus 6 or Moto X PE

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-05-16 11:58 PM
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or if you truly can't understand. You're more focused on the food, instead of point of the guys argument. That's why I said "" I said company so you could look past the burgers, doesn't matter if it's food, phones, cars. Going by your logic, whoever sales the most, has the best product.
    The same can be argued with Ferrari and Bugatti, those are not the most sold autos but it can be said and many would agree that they are better than say a Camaro..

BlackBerry has certain followers and it seems that there is a rapid decline in the amount of loyalist.. there are things I can't live without from BlackBerry for example the Calendar and it's functionality, BlackBerry blend, being able to access items on my desktop on tap, I used to be an app freak but all that did for me is shift my attention instead of what was important. BlackBerry helps me be more productive..

As far as the Priv goes, the device is a lot more expensive but consider what it took to make the device, when Samsung created the edge the cost to build was so outrageous that they couldn't afford to lose a ton of money giving the phone away.. eventually people stopped rushing for the device, then so did the price.. point is things are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    01-06-16 12:22 AM
    MS will now be bypassing the carriers with updates according to the latest news. Should be interesting.
    They are selling direct so why not. Just like the moto x pure. The Passport from blackberry. The one plus phones. If anyone sells direct unlocked phones then I don't think the carriers can stand in the way can they? (for updates).

I think there are new windows phones sold by AT&T but then why would AT&T care since one could just as well use an unlocked windows phone.

It's Verizon that's always been the issue. Likely no coincidence that Microsoft has parted ways with Verizon for now with Windows phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 12:25 AM
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or if you truly can't understand. You're more focused on the food, instead of point of the guys argument. That's why I said "" I said company so you could look past the burgers, doesn't matter if it's food, phones, cars. Going by your logic, whoever sales the most, has the best product.
    Jesus! Sales being high doesn't mean the item is the best. in fact, in this country it usually means its the lowest price. It has nothing to do with quality at all
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-06-16 12:50 AM
    Jesus! Sales being high doesn't mean the item is the best. in fact, in this country it usually means its the lowest price. It has nothing to do with quality at all
    We agree on "Sales being high doesn't mean the item is the best." Unfortunately, you contradicted yourself in saying that.
    01-06-16 01:06 AM
    We agree on "Sales being high doesn't mean the item is the best." Unfortunately, you contradicted yourself in saying that.
    Not really. You cant seem to compare one smartphone to another. You want this food to phone comparison which i have argued is not a real comparison. the reason for the purchase is completely different. If you take the 4 OS's available it is clear who is the most popular and why. BB is dead. has been since 2007. Winphones, MS has the ability to throw money at it for a long time. I dont know much about it so I cant really speak to its function. That leaves two Android, and iOS. iOS is on a single manufactures phone and based on that it has the largest customer base. It is arguably the most expensive phone with the Priv coming in second. I'll stand by my original post

I read a bunch of these and the theme is the same. No iOS and No Android. a lot of you would go to Windows phone. It just seems that the BB community is not very smart as a whole. Win Phone as the same lack of apps the BB has. WHY would you go to a device that is just barely ahead of the doomed devices that BB makes? It's like, as a collective you guys are morons. I'm not going to single anyone out. I am saying as a whole. I've moved to one of the leaders and while it took some getting used to. It's what people want. I am sure you can all argue it's not but, Numbers simply don't lie. They don't lie for the guy top or the guy at the bottom. BB is clearly the very bottom and its not gonna change
    BB is at the very bottom and winphone is barely above it. If you're gonna change to another platform, Move up the ladder more than a single rung. an OS that has a future. God knows BB doesn't have one. Lets leave McDonalds out of this. They sell the most cause they're cheap and fast. No where near the best. technology to technology comparisons please.
    01-06-16 01:42 AM
    Not really. You cant seem to compare one smartphone to another. You want this food to phone comparison which i have argued is not a real comparison. the reason for the purchase is completely different. If you take the 4 OS's available it is clear who is the most popular and why. BB is dead. has been since 2007. Winphones, MS has the ability to throw money at it for a long time. I dont know much about it so I cant really speak to its function. That leaves two Android, and iOS. iOS is on a single manufactures phone and based on that it has the largest customer base. It is arguably the most expensive phone with the Priv coming in second. I'll stand by my original post

BB is at the very bottom and winphone is barely above it. If you're gonna change to another platform, Move up the ladder more than a single rung. an OS that has a future. God knows BB doesn't have one. Lets leave McDonalds out of this. They sell the most cause they're cheap and fast. No where near the best. technology to technology comparisons please.
    BB has a future if they make good phones at a reasonable price using and improving the Android OS. Like to see BlackBerry partner with another manufacturer in the designing and manufacturing of an all touch phone.

The Vienna has the potential to increase sales sufficiently to make their production goal. Hopefully the phone will neither be too tall or too wide.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-06-16 09:17 AM
245 ... 56789 ...