Perhaps not the 9900. Carriers will not always run BIS .

Chrome book ..not sure that device has a great future either.
    BIS will be run for years and years. There are millions of users worldwide still on BIS, including more than a handful in North America.

As far as the Chromebook, it's an amazing device for me and millions of others. Google can do whatever they want, since they have the resources. If they decide to dump Chromebook, then they do. If they decide it continues and improves, then it does. They are the 500 lb Gorilla. What they want, they get.
    12-21-15 01:13 PM
    What I don't understand about the google cheerleaders here is what would possesses you to buy a priv when you can get a much better android handset for half the cost? If the priv offered blackphone like security it would be one thing but it doesn't.

I see I am not the only one to find an answer in windows phone. As far as the "app gap", for every day activities you will find moat of what you need. Certainly there are far more relevant big name apps for windows phone than in Blackberry World.
    I can't agree. Even in its 1.0 version Blackberry's implementation of Android with the Hub, DTEK, PKB/VKB combo, SIM slot, etc., works better for me than other Android phones I've seen. Assuming that the Priv will be upgraded to Marshmallow as promised, it's the only current Android phone I could see using as a daily driver for my business.

Having said that, I'm not willing to make the compromises that a move to Android would entail at this time. I'm sticking with my trusty z10 until Spring, then will likely jump to a Passport SE for the next couple of years until I see what more the marketplace can offer. As Smartphones and "real" OSes begin to coverage, I'm hoping I can avoid Android and iOS altogether and jump straight to a mobile computer/phone with an Intel chip running Windows 10 Pro or Mac OS, possibly Linux.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 04:24 PM
    IMHO that stat is probably very skewed. I'm sure people that were already using Android or iOS simply took old BlackBerrys that were stuffed in a drawer in for the $200 credit. Or, since no BlackBerry devices were available directly from T-Mo at that time (as I recall) some people might have taken in an old BB, got a ~$200 device, and traded it somewhere for a BB device (that's what I did).

As far as your question, I'm currently using an iPhone 6s+ but I'd like to get my hands on a full touch BlackBerry Android device. We'll see if one of those comes out down the line.
    You're on iPhone now, hum.
    12-21-15 04:55 PM
    Can't believe it. But I just purchased a Microsoft Windows phone. I love BlackBerry, and even after all the gloom and demise, bad decisions, etc, I'm still rooting for them to be a success. But I cannot go android or ios.

So far, I like Windows. It's gonna take some getting use to, but I like the idea of learning a new operation system. I like the live tiles, etc. I still use my BlackBerry(Q10) for most of my communication(email, facebook, docs to go, social media, etc) mainly because of my love and the usefulness of the physical 🎹.

I wish BlackBerry much success. As I mentioned before, I still use their product, but I don't know where this company is headed. So I think learning a new OS(Windows) just in case BlackBerry 10 will be "abandoned ", and in maintenance mode for awhile, is a smart move.

We'll see what happens.

The BlackBerry Guy
    I used a Windows Phone parallel to my BlackBerry for about a year. Windows Phone has a decent UI, and it's unique. I too liked the live tiles and the overall structure of the OS. But it had a lot of shortcomings, some of which were solved over time. Some not.

OS 8.1 added a lot. Cortana was the biggest bump IMO. Cortana is the best virtual assistant I have ever used, bar none. She can even tell you by location when you have to do something, and she did this right out of the chute when she was first introduced. i.e., you tell her to remind you to fire that slacker Bob the next time you are in the Denver Office, and sure enough, when you get to the Denver Office, she reminds you to fire that slacker, Bob.

But there are also shortcoming and one of them is the fact that the OS isn't written to gracefully or even accurately complete some important tasks. "Go-To-Meeting" invitations was a big stickler for me. I get at least one if not two "Go-To-Meeting" requests per week. On Berry, you accept the invitation and the OS puts the time/date in your calendar with the PHONE IN NUMBER and PASSWORD and all pertinent data. Windows Phone allows you to accept the invitation. It then puts the Time and Date in your calendar. BUT, it DELETES all pertinent data and then deletes the invitation! Good grief! You have to call the organizer and ask for the details again because your phone ate your invitation. I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft and at a MS Store and it's an core programming issue. This is not run by an app but by the iOS directly, and it's an error in programming. Big issue for me.

Also, like BlackBerry, Windows Phone is missing a LOT of applications including Banking Apps. They are no where near iOS or Android. So I had to dump Windows Phone, but it was a fun year of comparison. If you like it, then you like it. Enjoy.
    JeepBB and Jay Wright2 like this.
    12-21-15 06:39 PM
    You're on iPhone now, hum.
    Weird isn't it? I still don't know how I feel about it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-21-15 06:57 PM
    Weird isn't it? I still don't know how I feel about it.
    LOL. You should know soon enough. Nice to try new things.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-21-15 06:58 PM
    If BlackBerry were to exit the hardware business and I needed a phone; it would probably be an LG V10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Just FYI, there is currently a bug on the LG V10 if you use the Facebook Messenger app, it makes the upper left corner of the screen inop.. see attached

What phone will the rest of you switch too?-12477180_10201329210147518_554344530_o.jpg

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    01-03-16 07:32 PM
    What I don't understand about the google cheerleaders here is what would possesses you to buy a priv when you can get a much better android handset for half the cost? If the priv offered blackphone like security it would be one thing but it doesn't.

I see I am not the only one to find an answer in windows phone. As far as the "app gap", for every day activities you will find moat of what you need. Certainly there are far more relevant big name apps for windows phone than in Blackberry World.
    PRIV is has a PKB, good specs and a ecosystem. I guess that makes it unique in the world.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-03-16 08:39 PM
    PRIV is has a PKB, good specs and a ecosystem. I guess that makes it unique in the world.
    Unique it is!

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    01-03-16 09:07 PM

what does blackphone have that makes it more secure? i'm legitimately curious if it also has signed hardware.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:08 PM
    Yes, I'm really intrigued by the Priv for those reasons.
    01-03-16 09:30 PM
    Two critical things on the Blackphone: Control of app permissions and private/secure encrypted communications out of the box. Even Windows phone gives you control over app permissions. The priv does not.
    01-04-16 07:11 AM
    I have a Z30 and like it a lot. Its usefulness however is slowly eroding and Blackberry appears to be abandoning BB10. So I am considering going to android. Don't really want to, as I feel the ecosystem is a foetid, malware infested swamp.
    I don't buy phones through a carrier so I need to find unlocked phones, either new from manufacturer or used.
    I cannot justify spending the $700 US for the Priv so I have been looking at other options. It looks like it might be the ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser. This is a 64bit , octa-core processor, 3GB ram, 32 GB storage, 5.5 inch Gorrilla Glass 1920x1080 IPS display, dual sim slots, Micro SD Card slot, 5MP front, and 13 MP rear camera with laser focus. It has a replaceable battery. Android M is rumored for the spring.
    It is selling right now for $229 US but more often than not it can be had for $199 US.
    It would be nice if Blackberry release a software package on the Play Store that had BBM with video, the keyboard, security components, and a comparable Hub as found in BB10. I would pay a good price for the app, perhaps up to $40. I will never purchase a subscription based software package.
    01-04-16 11:52 AM
    The Zenfone sounds good. I suspect that once you get going and know more about your Android phone you will not miss your Z30. It may take a month or so to get really comfortable. I used to think that I might purchase the BlackBerry suite but after getting up to speed on the new device, I doubt that I would. Maybe for $20 cdn.
    01-04-16 05:27 PM
    I have a Z30 and like it a lot. Its usefulness however is slowly eroding and Blackberry appears to be abandoning BB10. So I am considering going to android. Don't really want to, as I feel the ecosystem is a foetid, malware infested swamp.
    I don't buy phones through a carrier so I need to find unlocked phones, either new from manufacturer or used.
    I cannot justify spending the $700 US for the Priv so I have been looking at other options. It looks like it might be the ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser. This is a 64bit , octa-core processor, 3GB ram, 32 GB storage, 5.5 inch Gorrilla Glass 1920x1080 IPS display, dual sim slots, Micro SD Card slot, 5MP front, and 13 MP rear camera with laser focus. It has a replaceable battery. Android M is rumored for the spring.
    It is selling right now for $229 US but more often than not it can be had for $199 US.
    It would be nice if Blackberry release a software package on the Play Store that had BBM with video, the keyboard, security components, and a comparable Hub as found in BB10. I would pay a good price for the app, perhaps up to $40. I will never purchase a subscription based software package.
    I saw that phone in a store and was quite impressed wondering how Samsung / apple/ bb/ lg/ huwaie / htc can sell sell their flagship stuff when you have this asus seemingly just as good or better for half the price.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:40 PM
    You have to admit, it's a bit......well, creepy.
    It's more perverse

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    DJ BigToe likes this.
    01-04-16 07:26 PM
    It's more perverse

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    This is true, He/she sexualized their phone. It is creepy and perverse.
    01-04-16 07:35 PM
    I haven't given it a lot of thought yet, refuse to give Apple any of my hard earn cash, either Samsung or Windows, it will be a sad day saying goodbye to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 07:38 PM
    I read a bunch of these and the theme is the same. No iOS and No Android. a lot of you would go to Windows phone. It just seems that the BB community is not very smart as a whole. Win Phone as the same lack of apps the BB has. WHY would you go to a device that is just barely ahead of the doomed devices that BB makes? It's like, as a collective you guys are morons. I'm not going to single anyone out. I am saying as a whole. I've moved to one of the leaders and while it took some getting used to. It's what people want. I am sure you can all argue it's not but, Numbers simply don't lie. They don't lie for the guy top or the guy at the bottom. BB is clearly the very bottom and its not gonna change
    01-04-16 08:03 PM
    I read a bunch of these and the theme is the same. No iOS and No Android. a lot of you would go to Windows phone. It just seems that the BB community is not very smart as a whole. Win Phone as the same lack of apps the BB has. WHY would you go to a device that is just barely ahead of the doomed devices that BB makes? It's like, as a collective you guys are morons. I'm not going to single anyone out. I am saying as a whole. I've moved to one of the leaders and while it took some getting used to. It's what people want. I am sure you can all argue it's not but, Numbers simply don't lie. They don't lie for the guy top or the guy at the bottom. BB is clearly the very bottom and its not gonna change
    Out of line calling BB10 and WinPhone users names like that.

I'll bite anyway. Some people don't need tons of apps. Windows Phone has its issues, but it is an interesting operating system. And if you need apps, the prospect of universal apps shared between Win10 and WinPhone10 is pretty interesting and just might work.

BB10 is still an amazing operating system that bests any other mobile OS in many ways (while being highly deficient in others). And it's the only OS with good physical keyboards (the Priv's isn't good enough imo, but maybe the Vienna's will be).

---

Now on a philosophical level, do you really believe the masses are happier now that they gauge their happiness based on Instagram likes? These tiny dopamine spikes are addicting. Narcissism isn't healthy, and I can tell you that I'm glad I only had to deal with Facebook in college, and nothing in high school (life's more fun when it feels like American Graffiti).

Just because the masses choose the platform that feeds their social media addiction the best doesn't mean that they're right.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    01-04-16 09:22 PM
    Collectively, we are morons. You are correct about that. But once you take me out out the equation, the average IQ of the BlackBerry community rises 14 points to a level just below average cuz I am the mostest moronist out of a less then stellar bunch. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:24 PM
    Lets keep it real, if anyone was app dependent, they wouldn't have a Blackberry in the first place. So using the lack of apps as a reason to not get another phone is, well, stupid.
    01-04-16 09:45 PM
    Out of line calling BB10 and WinPhone users names like that.

I'll bite anyway. Some people don't need tons of apps. Windows Phone has its issues, but it is an interesting operating system. And if you need apps, the prospect of universal apps shared between Win10 and WinPhone10 is pretty interesting and just might work.

BB10 is still an amazing operating system that bests any other mobile OS in many ways (while being highly deficient in others). And it's the only OS with good physical keyboards (the Priv's isn't good enough imo, but maybe the Vienna's will be).

---

Now on a philosophical level, do you really believe the masses are happier now that they gauge their happiness based on Instagram likes? These tiny dopamine spikes are addicting. Narcissism isn't healthy, and I can tell you that I'm glad I only had to deal with Facebook in college, and nothing in high school (life's more fun when it feels like American Graffiti).

Just because the masses choose the platform that feeds their social media addiction the best doesn't mean that they're right.
    Are you sure that it is wise to question the teachings of the extreme one? Collectively we are but a dead cowboy and a moron named after a phone/bike combo. We don't reach to the sky in a silhouette pose, so what the fact do we know?

I personally would like to thank Mr extreme for extolling the virtues of being part of the masses cuz the numbers don't lie. I'm trading my race bike in for a tan Corolla with infotainment and an automatic transmission, buying a Samsung, joining Facebook and Twitter and learning how to to tweet as well as finding out what the flick hashtag signifies, so I can be just as cool and 'in' as he is.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:47 PM
    I personally would like to thank Mr extreme for extolling the virtues of being part of the masses cuz the numbers don't lie. I'm trading my race bike in for a tan Corolla with infotainment and an automatic transmission, buying a Samsung, joining Facebook and Twitter and learning how to to tweet as well as finding out what the flick hashtag signifies, so I can be just as cool and 'in' as he is.
    Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:53 PM
    This is true, He/she sexualized their phone. It is creepy and perverse.
    Yall's minds are in the gutter lol

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-04-16 09:54 PM
245 ... 45678 ...