I use my Passport, which was branded by At&t and now stuck on updates, the other phone I use is my LG v10 which has been a great phone so far,, I traded it for my note 5 and got the phone extra battery charging cradle and a 200gb card with it also... I have always liked LG phones but honestly I wasn't too impressed with the G3.. Anyways if the end is near I am already on several platforms I could easily swap the sim as I've been doing all along... For the love of cellphones please don't get Samsung!
    12-19-15 11:15 AM
    Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    that is the creepiest signature

Posted via CB10
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-19-15 11:25 AM
    that is the creepiest signature

Posted via CB10
    Lol, first time I've heard "creepy"

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    12-19-15 11:59 AM
    Lol, first time I've heard "creepy"

You have to admit, it's a bit......well, creepy.
    12-19-15 04:06 PM
    Apparently we could see a Nokia phone late next year. That could be an option if there are no more BB phones. The general view though is that Nokia will probably go Android.
    12-19-15 04:21 PM
    I just saw Huawei Mate 7, it's big and has 4100 something something of juice, I want it
    Android

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 04:35 PM
    I was anti-rim from the start, would never have thought I'd own one today, but 10.3 has met all my needs and then some. I do miss the frazzle dazzle customization of Android and my waterproof xperia Z, but only little. The novelty of taking a selfish as seen from inside a pitcher of beer only lasts so long.
    Anyways, I'm probably going stick with BlackBerry until the bitter end, but since I'm an optimist, the end is way beyond the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:30 PM
    You have to admit, it's a bit......well, creepy.
    I think it takes a creepy mind to think that it is indeed creepy. 99% of the responses have been "awesome" or "funny".

12-19-15 06:14 PM
    I think it takes a creepy mind to think that it is indeed creepy. 99% of the responses have been "awesome" or "funny".

I'm pretty sure its creepy.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-20-15 01:41 PM
    Lighten up!
    What phone will the rest of you switch too?-fishy-price.jpg
    12-20-15 03:40 PM
    Lighten up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishy Price.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	385162
    "Built in Hand Warmer" my a** lol! That's what they should have put on the  Priv box.."includes built-in hand warmer with constant crashing"!

12-20-15 03:53 PM
    When Windows abandoned 6.5 mobile, I hung on to my HTC while searching around avoiding Android and IOS and found BlackBerry10. If abandoned again, my plan is to hang on to a PPSE. Then when the support dies, I'll move to Jolla Sailfish or back to Windows and the Nokia 950.
    12-20-15 05:37 PM
    BlackBerry, Droidberry, or a normal Droid, maybe a Sammy or HTC or something like that.

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    12-20-15 06:56 PM
    Lighten up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishy Price.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	385162
    Hey! It has a pkb!

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    12-20-15 06:57 PM
    Can't believe it. But I just purchased a Microsoft Windows phone. I love BlackBerry, and even after all the gloom and demise, bad decisions, etc, I'm still rooting for them to be a success. But I cannot go android or ios.

So far, I like Windows. It's gonna take some getting use to, but I like the idea of learning a new operation system. I like the live tiles, etc. I still use my BlackBerry(Q10) for most of my communication(email, facebook, docs to go, social media, etc) mainly because of my love and the usefulness of the physical 🎹.

I wish BlackBerry much success. As I mentioned before, I still use their product, but I don't know where this company is headed. So I think learning a new OS(Windows) just in case BlackBerry 10 will be "abandoned ", and in maintenance mode for awhile, is a smart move.

We'll see what happens.

The BlackBerry Guy
    12-20-15 07:14 PM
    I switched to the BlackBerry Priv in early November 2015 and am not looking back. The combination of my BlackBerry Z10 and Q5 and applications that are necessary to interact with the world. This coming from someone who never thought he would use a smartphone based on Google Android.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-15 07:38 PM
    Another nausea inducing pessimistic doom and gloom fatalistic thread.

Just use whatever phone you want. Right now, bb10 is working great for me. If it's not working great for you, go elsewhere. Your current bb10 phone isn't going to instantly dissolve if BlackBerry announces that they are out of the hardware or bb10 business. If you have to switch, it may take you all of 10 minutes to learn the basics of the android or ios operating system. No need for an advance 12 month contingency preparation period.

Posted via CB10
    A very astute observation.

Couldn't agree more !!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-15 07:43 PM
    There will be BlackBerry Phones-A-Plenty for years so I'm really not worried.

But let's suppose it truly is post apocalyptic and there are no BlackBerry phones to be had in the vast wasteland that was once the BlackBerry utopia? I'd go with iPhone and it pains me to say that. Here's why.

I love Google. I truly do! I'm typing this response on a Chromebook. It's truly fantastic for what I use a laptop type device for. It beats a Windows or Apple device hands down on performance and cost for my needs. I also have a Droid as a spare phone. It's awesome for what it is. I prefer Google devices over Apple.

HOWEVER

I don't want the entire World to end up being a one company communication device planet. If Google holds ALL the power, it will NOT be a good thing. Apple is the ONLY company at PRESENT that can compete with them head-to-head, so I'd attach myself to Apple to help keep the balance of power a bit more competitive in the marketplace. Otherwise I'd go Google hands down. No question about that.

Back to reality, BlackBerry phones will be around for a long time yet, regardless of what the company does. There will be new DroidBerries, and Q5's and Q10's and Classics and 9900's and Passports and Z30's for years that are sitting on warehouse shelves waiting for someone to love them. No worries.
    12-20-15 07:52 PM
    If BlackBerry were to exit the hardware business and I needed a phone; it would probably be an LG V10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-15 07:54 PM
    There will be BlackBerry Phones-A-Plenty for years so I'm really not worried.

But let's suppose it truly is post apocalyptic and there are no BlackBerry phones to be had in the vast wasteland that was once the BlackBerry utopia? I'd go with iPhone and it pains me to say that. Here's why.

I love Google. I truly do! I'm typing this response on a Chromebook. It's truly fantastic for what I use a laptop type device for. It beats a Windows or Apple device hands down on performance and cost for my needs. I also have a Droid as a spare phone. It's awesome for what it is. I prefer Google devices over Apple.

HOWEVER

I don't want the entire World to end up being a one company communication device planet. If Google holds ALL the power, it will NOT be a good thing. Apple is the ONLY company at PRESENT that can compete with them head-to-head, so I'd attach myself to Apple to help keep the balance of power a bit more competitive in the marketplace. Otherwise I'd go Google hands down. No question about that.

Back to reality, BlackBerry phones will be around for a long time yet, regardless of what the company does. There will be new DroidBerries, and Q5's and Q10's and Classics and 9900's and Passports and Z30's for years that are sitting on warehouse shelves waiting for someone to love them. No worries.
    Perhaps not the 9900. Carriers will not always run BIS .

Chrome book ..not sure that device has a great future either.
    12-21-15 01:39 AM
    What I don't understand about the google cheerleaders here is what would possesses you to buy a priv when you can get a much better android handset for half the cost? If the priv offered blackphone like security it would be one thing but it doesn't.

I see I am not the only one to find an answer in windows phone. As far as the "app gap", for every day activities you will find moat of what you need. Certainly there are far more relevant big name apps for windows phone than in Blackberry World.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-21-15 07:12 AM
    What I don't understand about the google cheerleaders here is what would possesses you to buy a priv when you can get a much better android handset for half the cost? If the priv offered blackphone like security it would be one thing but it doesn't.

I see I am not the only one to find an answer in windows phone. As far as the "app gap", for every day activities you will find moat of what you need. Certainly there are far more relevant big name apps for windows phone than in Blackberry World.
    Much better phones to you...... I spend 4 hours in a At&t store using just about every phone including iPhone. Went back a seconds day for about an hour. After an exhaustive review there was nothing I liked better than the Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-21-15 08:36 AM
    This year I have bounced between my Q10, Z10, Motorola E, and my wife's old HTC One Mini. I would use the Q10, but it double types. I would use the Z10, but its wifi is extremely flaky and the battery life is abysmal. As much as I like BB10, I can't deal with those two issues.

The Moto E recently got updated from Android 4.4 to 5.1, where as the One Mini still has 4.4. Hands down, the One Mini is the better hardware, but I actually like the size and feel of the Moto E much more. Android 5.1 is quite snappy and nice to use, finally a worthy alternative to BB10.

So... looks like I will keep this Moto E (2014) probably until the 2016 Moto X is released.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-21-15 09:06 AM

The same question could be asked of iPhone users. The obvious answer to your question however is the keyboard. Also I don't think that you can get a much better android handset for half the price.

Posted via CB10
    paulbbp likes this.
    12-21-15 09:19 AM
    Much better phones to you...... I spend 4 hours in a At&t store using just about every phone including iPhone. Went back a seconds day for about an hour. After an exhaustive review there was nothing I liked better than the Priv.
    Which is entirely as it should be... buy the phone that works for you!
    12-21-15 10:09 AM
245 ... 34567 ...