One report, that was a supposed leak from TMOBILE that stated 94% of people that came in and took advantage of the $200 trade-in on Blackberry devices, ended up switching to a rival company's device.
    IMHO that stat is probably very skewed. I'm sure people that were already using Android or iOS simply took old BlackBerrys that were stuffed in a drawer in for the $200 credit. Or, since no BlackBerry devices were available directly from T-Mo at that time (as I recall) some people might have taken in an old BB, got a ~$200 device, and traded it somewhere for a BB device (that's what I did).

As far as your question, I'm currently using an iPhone 6s+ but I'd like to get my hands on a full touch BlackBerry Android device. We'll see if one of those comes out down the line.
    shaleem likes this.
    12-10-15 03:45 PM
    How are you liking Windows 10 on a mobile device?

Posted via CB10
    It's literally downloading right now. I'll let you know as soon as it's done and I can play around with it a bit.
    12-10-15 03:53 PM
    Eventually I'll be switching from my old Z10 to the Passport SE.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    12-10-15 03:55 PM
    If BlackBerry goes full android, I will be moving on to Windows.

Posted via CB10
    Have fun perpetually waiting for all your problems to be solved "by the next release". After 3 years in the Windows phone world (and yet another os reset), I gave up on MS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lift and MikeX74 like this.
    12-10-15 04:05 PM
    MS will now be bypassing the carriers with updates according to the latest news. Should be interesting.
    12-10-15 04:16 PM
    Some kind of feature phone. To hell with these crappy oversized overpriced phones that most people use :P
    Tkarps likes this.
    12-10-15 05:23 PM
    And if there was no need for YOU to ever switch. Then this post was obviously not directed to you. Therefore, no need to comment.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Nice of you to edit most of my reply.

I was actually commenting on your absolute knowledge of BlackBerry's imminent demise, not my opinion of the product.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:26 PM
    I played around with an Ubuntu phone for a while but it just isn't ready for prime time. If they come up with a legitimate bundled email app and release a North American 4G device I might take another look.

In the meantime, we have all switched to Windows phones - 1520, 1320, 920, 830.

My 830 arrived today, I am posting this from my wife's Z30, the last BlackBerry device in the house which will get its sim pulled shortly and go off to ebay.

A shame too, a fine OS and fine device killed by the shortsightedness of a CEO in over his head.

I will miss it.
    lift and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 05:30 PM
    I'm on a Nexus 6 now. I needed better Google app integration for work. I use it more than my laptop on most days. The screen is close to the size of my playbook which I used for two years as my primary computer. Marshmallow is nice. I'm happy but I wish there were more options. I loved my Z10.
    12-10-15 05:34 PM
    Have fun perpetually waiting for all your problems to be solved "by the next release". After 3 years in the Windows phone world (and yet another os reset), I gave up on MS.

Actually sounds like iOS and Android. Still waiting for a lot of base features on them both.
    12-10-15 05:39 PM
    Windows phone 10 update just finished. Very similar to the desktop experience. Smooth even on a Lumia 830. I like how I have all my files with me all the time. Core apps work nice. Not bad!
    grover5, JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 06:06 PM
    Actually sounds like iOS and Android. Still waiting for a lot of base features on them both.
    Wp isn't bad, but the app situation is not much better than BlackBerry. I do think it has a good email (although last time I tried, it couldn't open an .eml), but conference call dialing is a PITA, and when a system level feature is missing, there is no app to fill in (wp security is pretty locked down). Universal apps have some promise, but there are more questions than answers right now. 8 had a "hub" idea - integrated notification - but they dismantled it to be more of an app launcher (like the Priv hub). If MS delivers on their vision, it might have a chance... But I don't want to live through another few years of vision. I may go back if they succeed, but not now.

Also, it's not like MS isn't collecting personal information like the others.

JeepBB likes this.
    12-10-15 06:14 PM
    Wp isn't bad, but the app situation is not much better than BlackBerry. I do think it has a good email (although last time I tried, it couldn't open an .eml), but conference call dialing is a PITA, and when a system level feature is missing, there is no app to fill in (wp security is pretty locked down). Universal apps have some promise, but there are more questions than answers right now. 8 had a "hub" idea - integrated notification - but they dismantled it to be more of an app launcher (like the Priv hub). If MS delivers on their vision, it might have a chance... But I don't want to live through another few years of vision. I may go back if they succeed, but not now.

MS's main revenue isn't ads. Google is the only one who relies on ads to survive. ADroid is their OS.
    12-10-15 06:29 PM

I don't need a lot of apps. I need a good smart phone as a communication tool. BB10 is the best out there and so far I like WP10 better than the other two.
    12-10-15 06:30 PM
    I've switched to an iPhone 6s plus today. I'm quite satisfied with it. SwiftKey with flow and cloud magic for emails. Works very well, had a passport before
    lift and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 06:44 PM
    Lol! You know that BlackBerry is going south when a fan base forums is openly discussing moving platform.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    12-10-15 07:19 PM
    Lol! You know that BlackBerry is going south when a fan base forums is openly discussing moving platform.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    You can attribute that to the head of the fan site basically using an Android device with a BlackBerry sticker on it as his main device. Lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    12-10-15 07:34 PM
    Went to the Samsung S6 Edge from my Passport. I miss the BB Hub for messaging, but I like being able to put my phone in my pocket.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    12-10-15 07:40 PM
    I ain't leaving BlackBerry until BlackBerry leaves me.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    12-10-15 08:07 PM
    If BlackBerry goes full android, I will be moving on to Windows.

Posted via CB10
    I second that

 Q❿/Z❿ #qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-10-15 09:31 PM
    You said inevitable. Nothing has been formalized by BlackBerry. Pay attention to your own post.

There has been numerous threads on here about switching operating systems as though it is a long drawn out process. It really isn't, nor more so than any other consumer product. Your BlackBerry will continue to work if bb10 shuts down tomorrow which will provide anybody enough time to buy another phone. With the changing landscape of technology one would presumably see what the market has to offer at the time if they choose to switch. I only mentioned bb10 working great for me now is to make the point that there is no need for me to switch phones when mine is currently working well. I.e. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Posted via CB10
    Bottom line is BB10 will get us through the next 2-3 years before anything needs to be done. RELAX BlackBerry World.

Merry Christmas

 Q❿/Z❿ #qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-10-15 09:38 PM
    I hate android malware, spyware, adware etc, and i hate the ibend apple crap. I am bound to go wth the windows 10 phone latest edition.

  
    12-10-15 10:13 PM
    I'd get an iPhone but it doesn't let you store files on it. On other phones, you download something from the browser and it's in the phone's memory, accessible using the file manager.
    How the hell do I download or store miscellaneous files on an iPhone? Like random pdfs, movies, etc.
    On BlackBerry, I just download from the browser or copy and paste from my PC

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 10:26 PM
    Guys and gals, I have been with them all.

I had and still have a WindowsPhone 8.1 now 10, I had and still have an iPhone 4s running 9.x using Continuity to sync it to my iPad 2, I have an Android 4.4.2 as a spare phone. I have a BlackBerry 9900 Bridged to a Playbook on my business line. I have a BlackBerry Q5 on my private line and a z30 that I sometimes switch to on weekends. I've taken a very hard look at each OS as they progressed. The verdict after a great deal of comparison is that every platform comes with some benefits, and some deficits. There is no one platform that will do everything that I want it to do. Not yet anyway.

iPhone drives me crazy at times. It's a very dated GUI, not changing the very basis of the UI since iPhone 1. There is no way to hide apps, as they all past on the screen somewhere. You can only put them in folders, unlike Android where you can have apps residing in a maste menu and choose which apps you want to be represented by Icon on the home screens. There are no BACK and MENU button on the hardware like on Android, so I'm constantly hunting for back and menu within each app and every app is different. It drives me crazy. There are no fantastic Widgets like on Android. Yet, there are some perks. Apple Music is built into the architecture of the phone unlike Droid where it just runs as an app. This means Siri has supreme control, and the way you interact with Apple Music is more fluid and elegant than Android. Some apps for iPhone are Gorgeous. It's like they were designed by elves in Jobs' Workshop. The overall look of the GUI is beautiful and elegant to the point of being a piece of art. The hardware is built well for the most part. The interaction and how you get messages and emails and social media through the notification center is very good, and the picture taking and music is the best in the business for mainline phones.

Droid has some nice features. You can actually remove the battery. You have supreme control over how the GUI looks for YOUR phone. You can choose which apps and widgets appear on your phones screen. There is no longer an app gap between iphone and Droid. Any app now developed for iPhone is simultaneously available on Droid and has been that way for years. But unlike iPhone where they even still support the old iPhone 4s with all new OS upgrades, older Androids fall off the support curve rather quickly. If you are still using OS 2.3 on Droid (and much of the world still is according to reports), they you find that many apps no longer work on your phone. And you can't upgrade to 4.x or 5.x because the hardware will not support it. Many Droids come with a boatload of bloatware that really frogs up your OS and is almost impossible to get rid of without jail-breaking the phone. Googles voice assistant is decent, but no where near as advanced IMO as Siri or Cortana. Then there is the fact that even though Droid has come a long way, it's not as elegant an OS as Apple, and is a bit clunkier. The Notification center is coming along and it is a much more mature experience when you get to 4.x and 5.x Droid OS, and it may work for some, but for me, I'm not sure I could do it full time solo.

Windowsphone. Where do I start? The live tiles seduced me years ago when they launched the phone and ran those seductive ads. Unfortunately, like BlackBerry 10, the OS never took off and App development was painfully slow. Many apps never appeared for years and you were left with 3rd party apps that worked "ok" but nothing like the Droid or iPhone apps. I remember waiting 3 years for Flipboard. When it FINALLY arrived on WindowsPhone it didn't even FLIP for crying out loud. It was a horrific app. WindowsPhone finally got Cortana a year or so ago, and it is IMO better than Siri. It's a good integrated assistant that works well for most applications. Cortana has a sense of humor, tells jokes, sings, and even recognizes where you are and reminds you to do abc thing at xyz place when she senses you are at xyz place. I think Windowsphone wins with regard to a voice assistant. But the rest is so-so. I really tried to live with a Windowsphone as my daily driver and finally gave up. I don't even turn it on any longer.

I held on to my 9900 like grim death firmly believing that it was the best OS for business when bridged to my Playbook. Then I finally tried a Q5 with BB10. To me, BB10 is the most elegant business phone on the market. The HUB, Homescreen Multi-Tasking and swiping gestures make it the clear winner. I think BBerry Assistant is a far cry from Cortana or even Siri, but it's there if you want to play with it. So I got a Z30 as another larger screen touch model, and like that too.

Net, net, I have to have two phones. I use my Android for weekends to play, and my 9900/Q5 for weekly business.

Where will I go next? No where. I'm sticking with a combo package. It works for me.
    JeepBB, Tkarps and colectionarul like this.
    12-10-15 10:41 PM
    Windows phone 10 update just finished. Very similar to the desktop experience. Smooth even on a Lumia 830. I like how I have all my files with me all the time. Core apps work nice. Not bad!

That's encouraging.

Still think its most likely that I'll go with an iPhone 6s+ for the Apps, but I'll probably buy a cheap Win 10 phone to monitor how the WinPhone App situation is evolving. I still like WinPhone, and I'd welcome an excuse to return to it.
    TgeekB, techvisor and lift like this.
    12-11-15 03:20 AM
245 1234 ...