I just want one last Q10/Classic with Passport v2 specs with a removable battery. I would get a Passport Silver Edition but once the battery starts aging how would I replace it?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-18-15 11:55 AM
    A new Q10 or Classic like(3,1" - 3,5") with a 4row touch pkb, Passport specs(dont need to make new drivers), removeable battery, hdmi and usb port...

Posted via PP
    10-18-15 12:15 PM
    I think a all touch and updated passports and classic. Probably mainly internal upgrades for the passport and classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-15 12:28 PM
    As a last hurrah, I'd like to see a top end full touch. My Z30 is almost two years, would really like to see an updated BB10 full touch with the latest specs and a huge battery. I would buy three of those asap!

Waiting for the next high end full touch BB10!
    10-18-15 01:34 PM
    Future of BB10 hinges on the success of Priv. After the success of the Priv BB10 will be back in its glory. At this moment IMO BB10 upcoming developments are on hold .

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2789
    Or it could convince them to abandon BB10 altogether and go all-in on Android, since that's the OS that the Priv will be using.
    10-18-15 01:43 PM
    Unfortunately BB will not be releasing anymore flagship BB10 devices IMHO due to the fact that enterprise and government corps care about their bottom line and hang onto hardware long after it would be considered obsolete by the general public. There are many companies out there still using BBOS it fills their needs and they don't see the point or need to spend large sums of money to upgrade. Those that already use BB10 devices go for the low cost options such as the Classic and Leap, the general consumer market for BB10 devices is too low for Blackberry to justify spending R&D dollars to release a top spec device and are going full force with Android.
    10-18-15 02:45 PM
    If Chen said 1 to 2 devices a year a Z30 and Classic upgrade to Passport specs. That's all they need. Although I really don't feel any need to upgrade my Z30. Bought it less than a year ago and it has only improved with each update. It's excellent and uber stable on the latest 10.3.2.

Z30 wickedness
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-18-15 03:12 PM
    In reality probably only a Classic update if the BlackBerry experience for Android takes off or is successful. I know we are at least getting 2 additional updates but I really hope BlackBerry 10 stays in some form. If one uses both Android and BlackBerry 10 IMO there really is no comparison.

Z30 wickedness
    10-18-15 03:21 PM
    I really hope there will be more BB10 phones as for business it is just the best option.

It's difficult to predict what might be coming but I'd be hoping for an upgraded Classic.

With the Priv coming now, the consumer market is covered, so I doubt we will see any more BB10 phones directed towards that market. However, I can imagine that we will see more square screen, full qwerty phones just like the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Don't forget that other market. A niche market is still a market, and the OS is stable and future-proof... (once 64bit drivers are developed, or we stay below 4GB until some cash is available) ...

I am part of that market, and I do NOT want to be abandoned. Also, I'm sure I'm not alone ... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    BerryRipe, bh7171, Gallofa and 1 others like this.
    10-18-15 04:51 PM
    I hope one of the following ...

1) All touch Passport (same size, same internals and processor but without Phisical Keyboard);
    2) Priv with Passport processor;
    3) BB10 Priv...
    10-18-15 04:52 PM
    Probably some odd square-like shape phone if ever another BB10 phone is released. There will definitely have other Droid phones. Z10 or Z30 format with a 3000 mAh at least hopefully.
    10-18-15 05:02 PM
    I hope one of the following ...

1) All touch Passport (same size, same internals and processor but without Phisical Keyboard);
    2) Priv with Passport processor;
    3) BB10 Priv...

#2 Did you mean a Passport with the PRIV processor?

Anyway.... BB10 is done. There will be no new phones...
    10-19-15 10:43 AM
    The only way there will be another BB10 device is if a major carrier or customer asks for one. If they ask, they're going to dictate the form factor.

The device would probably be based on Passport SoC, because they have everything needed in terms of drivers etc.

As far as form factor is concerned, you might find that the Slider running Android gets a lot of traction, then BB10 customers might say "we'd like a BB10 slider", but at that point, it would come down to what's most efficient for BlackBerry: to develop new Slider hardware based on Passport circuitry, or port BB10 to the Android Slider hardware.

If it's the latter, than BB10 can have at least one more generation of devices, if BlackBerry decides to make a full touch device on that same hardware, and even Passport and Classic form factors if they choose... but the impetus is going to come from customers: BlackBerry will not just do this without incentive.
    10-19-15 11:44 AM
    blackberry can give it's fans one last hurrah with the passport 32 bit retooled onto the priv.
    10-19-15 11:47 AM
    The only way there will be another BB10 device is if a major carrier or customer asks for one. If they ask, they're going to dictate the form factor.

The device would probably be based on Passport SoC, because they have everything needed in terms of drivers etc.

As far as form factor is concerned, you might find that the Slider running Android gets a lot of traction, then BB10 customers might say "we'd like a BB10 slider", but at that point, it would come down to what's most efficient for BlackBerry: to develop new Slider hardware based on Passport circuitry, or port BB10 to the Android Slider hardware.

If it's the latter, than BB10 can have at least one more generation of devices, if BlackBerry decides to make a full touch device on that same hardware, and even Passport and Classic form factors if they choose... but the impetus is going to come from customers: BlackBerry will not just do this without incentive.
    My local Bell store never even carried demo models of the Classic or Passport. No going back. Too late IMO.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 12:18 PM
    I think BlackBerry is done with BB10 at this point. I just can't see any situation where making another BB10 device would make sense.

Let's look at the two possible outcomes from their Priv experiment.

1. The BlackBerry Priv sells very well. BlackBerry realizes how bad a mistake it was to make BB10 instead of switching to Android all the years ago. Would it then make sense to waste profits from Android devices to make unwanted BB10 devices?
    2. The BlackBerry Priv sells poorly. BlackBerry realizes that not even Android is enough to make hardware a profitable business for them and they exit the market completely.

Either way the Priv ends up working out is bad for BB10. If it sells well, BB10 will be undeniably proven as a teribble mistake. If it sells poorly, no new BlackBerry hardware at all.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-19-15 01:45 PM
    #2 Did you mean a Passport with the PRIV processor?

Anyway.... BB10 is done. There will be no new phones...
    No, Priv processor isn't yet compatible with BB10... but Passport's processor is.
    10-19-15 02:00 PM
    They should do an all touch passport or leap with bigger screen and passport specs.
    For the keyboard fans passport and classic fill that niche.
    I'm a passport owner and never thought I would love a keyboard phone as much as I do, but I can't see where it can improve.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    10-19-15 02:06 PM
    I think BlackBerry is done with BB10 at this point. I just can't see any situation where making another BB10 device would make sense.

Let's look at the two possible outcomes from their Priv experiment.

1. The BlackBerry Priv sells very well. BlackBerry realizes how bad a mistake it was to make BB10 instead of switching to Android all the years ago. Would it then make sense to waste profits from Android devices to make unwanted BB10 devices?
    2. The BlackBerry Priv sells poorly. BlackBerry realizes that not even Android is enough to make hardware a profitable business for them and they exit the market completely.

Either way the Priv ends up working out is bad for BB10. If it sells well, BB10 will be undeniably proven as a teribble mistake. If it sells poorly, no new BlackBerry hardware at all.
    I just think that we're talking about two entirely different markets here. Android is for the consumer market and it will be very difficult to penetrate the enterprise market with it.

Companies and governments are just not going to switch to Android at the moment so the alternative to BB10 is mainly iOS.

Additionally, the enterprise market has always been prestigious for BlackBerry. It might not be a huge market but if they manage it efficiently it could continue to be an important pillar. BlackBerry is also offering several enterprise software solutions so including end user devices in that portfolio is not the worst thing they can do.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:33 PM
    Future of BB10 hinges on the success of Priv. After the success of the Priv BB10 will be back in its glory. At this moment IMO BB10 upcoming developments are on hold .

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2789
    The future of BlackBerry Android phones hinges on the success of the Priv. The success of the Priv in no way affects BB10 because those dice have already rolled. Unfortunately for BB10 BlackBerry rolled snake eyes so BB10 has been packed away for a rainy day.

Only if BlackBerry were to amass Apple sized pots of cash with nothing else to burn it on could they afford to pour some of it in to the BB10 money pit.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-19-15 02:59 PM
    I just think that we're talking about two entirely different markets here. Android is for the consumer market and it will be very difficult to penetrate the enterprise market with it.

Companies and governments are just not going to switch to Android at the moment so the alternative to BB10 is mainly iOS.

Additionally, the enterprise market has always been prestigious for BlackBerry. It might not be a huge market but if they manage it efficiently it could continue to be an important pillar. BlackBerry is also offering several enterprise software solutions so including end user devices in that portfolio is not the worst thing they can do.

Posted via CB10
    Has enterprise been enough to make BB10 a successful product so far? If not (and we all know that it hasn't been), why would that all of a sudden change now that BlackBerry's very limited resources will be split between two different platforms?

In my opinion, BB10's best chance of being successful was immediately after its launch. Things have only gotten consistently worse for it since. Throwing more money into that BlackHole™ they created just doesn't make any sense.
    10-19-15 03:04 PM
    Z30 successor. Take the Priv hardware, delete the keyboard. Pack in an even bigger battery with the regained internal real estate and sell. That's assuming they're even going to make another BB10 device.

Edit: and bring back a designated HDMI port.
    Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 03:31 PM
    I'd like to see a Classic II, with a larger display and more "Passport/ Priv Like" capabilities.

Posted via CB10

im with you on that just a little taller screen and more umph
    10-19-15 03:49 PM
    Looks very unlikely but they might just listen and bring out a Z50 using parts bin of Passport, considering they haven't released a high end since z30.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    10-19-15 04:25 PM
    Looks very unlikely but they might just listen and bring out a Z50 using parts bin of Passport, considering they haven't released a high end since z30.
    That kinda makes sense. And no driver issues as per Chen's statement, I believe... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-19-15 04:53 PM
110 1234 ...