So I've been a BlackBerry user for so long. From flip to numerous bolds, through Q10 and Z30... With the recent past having me buy the DTEK 50 and a number of KeyOnes (frequent accidental damage.) All of my friends and colleagues keep questioning and mocking me for remaining a dedicated BlackBerry user. With the recent news, I'm now having to seriously consider leaving the brand. What is considered to be a reasonable replacement phone if it's not a BlackBerry? Where to start??
    02-07-20 10:00 PM
    if I were buying a new phone today and didn't mind blowing $700 I'd get that FX Tech slider thing. big screen when you need it and keyboard when you need it.
    02-07-20 11:45 PM
    How wedded are you to a physical keyboard? If it's a must for you, then there aren't many options out there other than the Key phones or an older BB10 or BBOS model. (Or the Titan or that FX slider device). Bear in mind also that not every older model can be used with every carrier (lookin' at you, VZW).

If you're fine with a slab phone then you have a lot more choice, and it really depends on which models have the ideal balance of security and usability you want. Which features are most important to you?

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-07-20 11:45 PM
    So I've been a BlackBerry user for so long. From flip to numerous bolds, through Q10 and Z30... With the recent past having me buy the DTEK 50 and a number of KeyOnes (frequent accidental damage.) All of my friends and colleagues keep questioning and mocking me for remaining a dedicated BlackBerry user. With the recent news, I'm now having to seriously consider leaving the brand. What is considered to be a reasonable replacement phone if it's not a BlackBerry? Where to start??
    I wouldn't be fussed over what other people think of which ever phone I'm sporting. From the passport, Priv or K2. If you can get ur hands on a K2 new or second hand go for it. If you don't mind having a slab as you've mentioned the Dtek50 then you have multiple choices, but a BB fan is a fussy user ( only referencing myself) then maybe give the K2 a shot.
    Good luck

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Last edited by falbo; 02-08-20 at 04:43 AM.
    02-08-20 02:24 AM
    I have been a Samsung user for many years before that I had an iPhone 3C. I recently tried the iPhone x. However the iPhone x was a disaster. It's the best thing that Apple has produced in years.

I have seen the later iphone models, if I had the money I would buy one.

Samsung has recently shifted. Their data service to Dropbox.

When there services were in Korea.

I do not trust that move. So my device will probably be another Apple iPhone.
    phuoc likes this.
    02-08-20 02:36 AM
    If you liked the DTEK50 than you'll love the Samsung S10e. Flagship specs in a compact form factor.
    iixclusive likes this.
    02-08-20 05:46 AM
    If you liked the DTEK50 than you'll love the Samsung S10e. Flagship specs in a compact form factor.
    ...or the Pixel 3a....a small beast!!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-08-20 07:40 AM
    Well if you want to continue on Android I’d highly recommend getting something that gets updates fast so look at:

- Google Pixel 3 XL or 4 XL
    - Samsung Galaxy Note10/10+
    - Sony Xperia 1 or 5
    - OnePlus 7T/7T Pro

Could be worth looking at.

Galaxy S20 is coming this week, that may be worth a good look.
    02-08-20 08:09 AM
    Samsung
    02-08-20 08:27 AM
    Since my Key2 started to have a serious space-bar issue I switched to a S10 as my daily driver.

To be honest - great phone, great hardware. Is it more fun using a pkb? Yes. But what can you do, it's over. And please nobody tells me about a Unihertz ;-)

Posted from my P'9983
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-08-20 09:17 AM
    Since my Key2 started to have a serious space-bar issue I switched to a S10 as my daily driver.

To be honest - great phone, great hardware. Is it more fun using a pkb? Yes. But what can you do, it's over. And please nobody tells me about a Unihertz ;-)

Posted from my P'9983
    Just curious why you picked that one versus the smaller version.
    02-08-20 10:48 AM
    Just curious why you picked that one versus the smaller version.
    I liked the triple camera setup and for me the size is just right....and there was a very good deal at German Saturn.

Posted from my P'9983
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-08-20 11:57 AM
    If you still want a keyboard:

KEY2 LE

If you don't:

Galaxy S10e
    Gtrxuone likes this.
    02-08-20 09:40 PM
    Nokia 7.2. Recently released, running Android One, comes with Pie and will be updated to 11 eventually. 3 years of security updates. Mid range phone at a midrange price.
    02-08-20 09:52 PM
    I moved to the Pixel series as Google guarantees updates and security patches for 3 years, kind of like how BlackBerry used to. Also for the vanilla Android and of course the amazing camera.
    tfitzpat03 and ppeters914 like this.
    02-09-20 02:10 PM
    Asking a bunch of stranger to help you choice your next cell phone.......Do your research and choice the one that will work best for you....
    phuoc and goku_vegeta like this.
    02-09-20 04:18 PM
    I'm going for an XL Pixel.....
    02-09-20 07:33 PM
    I'm going for an XL Pixel.....
    Why choose a four year old phone?!?
    02-09-20 07:42 PM
    Ha ha....throw a number on the end....4, maybe 3a, or what for 4a
    Gtrxuone likes this.
    02-09-20 07:44 PM
    Ha ha....throw a number on the end....4, maybe 3a, or what for 4a
    Well, that does make a huge difference.... LOL
    02-09-20 07:48 PM
    Hey boon what's your choice between Key1 Black Edition V Key2 LE.
    02-10-20 02:11 AM
    Hey boon what's your choice between Key1 Black Edition V Key2 LE.
    That's a good question because I currently have both

What's better on the KEYone:

-Capacitive keyboard

-Much much better notification LED

-Bigger battery

-Better camera

What's better on the KEY2 LE:

-Much sleeker design

-Lighter

-Matte keyboard

-Bigger keys

-Better reception

-Better vibration motor

-Slightly faster processor

Up to you to see what's more important to you
    Gtrxuone, anon(5597702) and phuoc like this.
    02-10-20 07:07 AM
    Thanks Boon had the K1 black for over 18 months now.Amazon AU has some sharp prices on the K2LE.
    $485 Champaign
    $505 Red
    $610 Slate Blue.
    9 Amazon purchases this year .5 -five star ratings+4-four star ratings.
    02-10-20 07:19 AM
    That's a good question because I currently have both

What's better on the KEYone:

What's better on the KEY2 LE:

-Better vibration motor
    SOLD! 😍
    the_boon and johnb_xp like this.
    02-10-20 08:15 AM
    SOLD!
    Lol it really is a world of difference how much better it is.

The one on the KEYone is an absolute joke...

...which is exactly the opposite of the LED notification light between the two phones lol
    02-10-20 08:35 AM
719 123 ...