so in a couple days i can renew my contract and pick up another bb to replace my 8320 curve which now has a green housing on it. w00t. i am wondering what the best phone would be. i am not wanting to spend too much as well as comparing features and specs.

i would love a torch if i have the 99.99 to purchase at the time or i also like the new bold 9780 at 49.99

suggestions and any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone
    03-20-11 11:39 AM
    I just recently bought the new 9780, and I'm loving it. It's fast, good signal strength, the keyboard is fantastic and Blackberry 6 is fantastic! If you don't go with the Torch, the Bold 9780 is more than a good choice!
    03-20-11 12:16 PM
    Two great choices. Comes down to whether you like the touch screen or not. No bad options for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 12:18 PM
    so in a couple days i can renew my contract and pick up another bb to replace my 8320 curve which now has a green housing on it. w00t. i am wondering what the best phone would be. i am not wanting to spend too much as well as comparing features and specs.

i would love a torch if i have the 99.99 to purchase at the time or i also like the new bold 9780 at 49.99

suggestions and any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone

9780 and 9800 are best BBs out. Just depends on your preference of form factor. Personally, I'm now in love with the combined touch+qwerty+trackpad input of the Torch.

Btw I think I saw in a Best Buy flyer that they had a Torch for $49.99 with 3-year contract from Rogers, Bell, or Telus. Probably good until Tuesday or Wednesday.
    03-20-11 12:20 PM
    Go with the Torch .Best one out there
    Cheers
    03-20-11 03:52 PM
    Go with the Torch .Best one out there
    Cheers
    The Torch is only for people who like touch screens which, I do not.

I would therefore say to go with the 9780.

It comes down to personal preference really.
    03-20-11 05:23 PM
    Both the Torch and 9780 are great choices. If you like a touchscreen go with the Torch. It's a personal preference.

03-20-11 07:02 PM
    Go in store try both the torch and 9780 out to see which one you prefer. I have a 9780 at the moment and it's a great phone. I'd prefer a touchscreen experience as well so I would myself go for the torch.
    03-20-11 07:09 PM
    The Torch is only for people who like touch screens which, I do not.

I would therefore say to go with the 9780.

It comes down to personal preference really.
    Absolutely comes down to personal preference between the 2 form factors.

BUT I disagree with you somewhat on your 1st point. The mixed-input Torch is expressly designed so it's NOT "only for people who like touch screens" as you put it.
    Trust me, I felt the same about touchscreens. And frankly I still feel that way about straight touchscreens. (Android� no thanks!)

Of currently available BBs, none have a better Browser experience than the Torch. Double-tapping for column view is just plain well done.

Now for battery life� either 9700-series Bold kills the Torch!
    03-20-11 07:15 PM
    I always scoffed at touch screen phones, but now that I am a Torch owner ( and I have had quite a few Blackberries ) this one by far beats them all!

03-20-11 07:42 PM
    Torch 9800 over Bold 9700. Now I won't argue that the Bold is a FANTASTIC choice, but after receiving a duff 9700 I decided to take the plunge and jump for the Torch. Not regretted it. I'm constantly shifting between Touch, Type, and Trackpad. Very swish to use. Battery life is a true "I got RIM jobbed" though...
    03-20-11 07:58 PM
    I always scoffed at touch screen phones, but now that I am a Torch owner ( and I have had quite a few Blackberries ) this one by far beats them all!
    You echo my sentiments exactly!

Torch 9800 over Bold 9700. Now I won't argue that the Bold is a FANTASTIC choice, but after receiving a duff 9700 I decided to take the plunge and jump for the Torch. Not regretted it. I'm constantly shifting between Touch, Type, and Trackpad.
    Similar situation to mine. With my Seidio off for battery pulls after upgrading OS, a tile floor came out of nowhere and smacked my 9700's screen after I dropped it, cracking the LCD on the inside. Hummed & hawed, decided to go for it with Torch. Only person that regrets it now is the wife, as somehow I've managed to spend yet more time on my BB now.

Battery life is a true "I got RIM jobbed" though...
    Chuckled at that! Too true.
    I still hope that RIM, Seidio, or some other company would release a same-size, higher-capacity battery, as Seidio has for the Bolds.
    03-20-11 08:40 PM
    got the torch guys, love it so much, but the otterbox case is noisey. lol ordered a cheap orange one from ebay
    04-29-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD