02-27-11 12:49 PM
33 12
tools
    ipad 2 specs looked pretty unchanged from the 1st release unless they have changed since the last report
    02-24-11 11:51 AM
    Went to local VZ today to testdrive the xoom.
    Good part - it appears well built and comfortable, but on use I was a bit surprised, laggy I mentioned this to the Rep so we rebooted.. still gestures are laggy. Tried Camera, video, music bla bla bla.. all ok.
    But I was surprised at lag, I'm using a hacked B&N NC @ 1.1g and it'ssnappier. I don't think the screen size 7v10 makes a diff here.. so I wasn't overwhelmed at all.

Pricing.. 600 w contract, monthly data contracts same as 2 year 20-1g/35-3 gig/50 -5 gig (if I remember correctly)

I'm looking for the PB next to see how that measures up, sb here by my Bday 4/3...
    02-24-11 12:22 PM
    yes we both know this....but since flash is available already on android OS its kinda letdown that they could get the new 10.2 on the device for launch. **** hold it back 3 weeks and then get flash on it. At this point being so costly and unfinished its going to take a hit.
    I agree with you (it appears they are indeed rushing it at this point). I also think they should just hold off until the install the 4g as well - what sense is it to send it back for 6 days.
    02-24-11 12:23 PM
    Went to local VZ today to testdrive the xoom.
    Good part - it appears well built and comfortable, but on use I was a bit surprised, laggy I mentioned this to the Rep so we rebooted.. still gestures are laggy. Tried Camera, video, music bla bla bla.. all ok.
    But I was surprised at lag, I'm using a hacked B&N NC @ 1.1g and it'ssnappier. I don't think the screen size 7v10 makes a diff here.. so I wasn't overwhelmed at all.

Pricing.. 600 w contract, monthly data contracts same as 2 year 20-1g/35-3 gig/50 -5 gig (if I remember correctly)

I'm looking for the PB next to see how that measures up, sb here by my Bday 4/3...
    but the big question is, did it work in portrait! lmao
    02-24-11 12:28 PM
    Doesn't come with flash now - but will be available as a free download
    Motorola XOOM - Verizon Wireless
    Yes we know this, but the point is that Motorola advertised from the get go the Xoom will bring "The Full Web". The device can't even visit it's own site as Moto's site is flash based. Then comes the SD card. Next having to lose your device for 8 days(note it says 6 BUSINESS days which translates into 8 days total). So you get a device then have to part with it for something it should come with from the beginning. The fact you must activate it for at least one month to unlock Wifi. Then lastly the price, at least for some people.

I think the Xoom will turn out to be a good device. But not out of the box. I think other tabs(read iPad 2& 3 and the PlayBook) will offer more for less. As HC matures it will only get better and better. The Xoom 2 will be one heck of a tab.
    02-24-11 12:49 PM
    one thing i did notice in several reviews they mention this is truly the first tablet that can almost replace a pc/laptop experience. I thought that was a pretty nice thing to here knowing that it will only get better like CX mentions. I would never use it as a complete replacement but i do need/want something to take instead of my heavy 16 inch laptop that i have for weekend trips if i can and still access work, web etc. I might go play with one on the way to work today actually and see.
    02-24-11 01:00 PM
    but the big question is, did it work in portrait! lmao
    Yes, I tried both video and Camera in portrait as well.
    Screen flipped... yadayada

As CX mentioned I forsee many possibilities with mods / upgrades
    This maybe where we all need to set our expectations, is the base
    units delivered on launch a good starting point, this means it has to
    be flexible enough to grow for capactiy and function in the next
    few years, I myself don't see buying a new tablet every year or
    even two for that matter.. how often does one buy a laptop?

I still look forward to PB hands on..
    02-25-11 07:24 AM
    The specs are the same as most common netbooks, only it has a touch screen, usb port(s) and no keyboard. $799 is really stepping into sony's domain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 12:49 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD