Well then, its a ugly post or nothing, I am to lazy to turn on My pc and do things properly with grammatic, and post style

Posted via CB10
    Your phone has the capability to produce sentences with correct grammar, punctuation, and paragraphs.
    11-06-16 07:28 PM
    Apple just like Microsoft and Google have monopolies in other business units that allowed them to move in and out market the competition in Palm, Blackberry, and Nokia. I would say WebOS, BB10, and Meego were all vastly superior but they were the little guys who never had a chance once the big players with billions upon billions in marketing dollars stepped in. Nothing would have changed that and the governments don't seem to care about this crony capitalism.

I owned an iphone before just about anyone and while it was neat back in 2008 today iOS is just complete garbage to me. It's a UI nightmare that functions but not elegantly and is so dumbed down. I want to throw my ipad against the wall half the time with it's bastardized OS. Android really isn't much better either though but they have the apps so that's what people get.

At least with the new MacBook Pro Apple released last week they are the laughing stock now.
    Theres something you have to understand: Success isn't guaranteed with building something perfect. Success is guaranteed by a whole: and that's where everyone lacks and Apple is strong is.

Their OS may not be the best, I am using an iPhone now and there is nothing more confusing than trying to change the settings of something. But it works. And it's fast.

Their execution is top notch. Their marketing is next to none.

And most important of all, they have developers support, and that's the most important thing.

People that bash Apple are just the one that are the reason why other OS doesn't rise up, cause they don't understand what makes it work.
    MikeX74 and TGR1 like this.
    11-06-16 09:39 PM
    If they keep BlackBerry 10 alive for at least 2020 and they keep growing and earning Cash with software, they could have enough Cash to make BlackBerry 10 a competitive player on mobile marlet, why?, Google is preparing An OS than Will fuse Android with Chrome OS a la Yu-Gi-Oh, when an OS is released and the predecessors being left behind there is always room for a mess a la BlackBerry OS 7 in its days, Apple if not bankrupt Will strike with everithing, Samsung Will bring a (by that time) powered Tizen, Sailfish OS and Ubuntu Phone OS if developed too, can be heavy contenders in the battle, and Windows Phone Will be one of the Majors contenders if not the most dangerous, if BlackBerry powers up 10 properly can also be a very heavy contender, well Lets wait and look

Posted via CB10
    I doubt Chen will spend another dime on BB10, but I agree with you that he should as an R&D side project for the reasons you mentioned.

As an aside, I read an article discussing the new Mac books, and the author believes the reason Apple has not beefed them up with things like touch screens,etc, is that they don't want people to get too comfortable with them. He believes Apple will be winding down Mac OS and will be focusing on iOS as the platform for everything. A different article I read discussed how Windows started on the 'one OS for desktop/mobile' back in the Windows 2000 days. It was at this time that they began the work that is today Windows 10. In the same article this author discussed how behind Apple was and how difficult it will be for them to merge Mac OS and iOS. Unless, as the first article suggests, Apple drops Mac OS entirely. A different article I read on the latest Android release discussed the improvements they made to multi-tasking and how apps run in the background. Add all of this up and we see where the future lies... one OS for all form factors that can do everything.

If we think about all of the above some things come to mind:

1. Windows 10 is positioned the best in that it is a true desktop OS that has been adapted for mobile whereas iOS and Android are going the other way and really need to build out their functionality in the desktop world.

2. The true test for Windows 10 will be once the install base gets to over 1 billion devices. Will there be demand for universal apps? If yes, will developers be willing to fill the demand?

3. Blackberry 10 out of the box as an OS, to me, was the most robust when it came to multitasking and background processing. It most resembled desktop Windows IMO. Would Blackberry be wise to spend a token amount of money refining it in case they one day need it? This has been Microsoft's philosophy with Windows 10. Many people questioned the logic of spending money on an OS that has 1% of the mobile market. Microsoft's response was that once you stop investing its hard to start back up again and catch up on lost time. Makes sense to me.

These are very interesting times in mobile. Despite the great success of iOS and Android, we are still very early in the game. Microsoft's investment may yet work out for them.
    Alain_A likes this.
    11-07-16 01:37 PM
    Theres something you have to understand: Success isn't guaranteed with building something perfect. Success is guaranteed by a whole: and that's where everyone lacks and Apple is strong is.

Their OS may not be the best, I am using an iPhone now and there is nothing more confusing than trying to change the settings of something. But it works. And it's fast.

Their execution is top notch. Their marketing is next to none.

And most important of all, they have developers support, and that's the most important thing.

People that bash Apple are just the one that are the reason why other OS doesn't rise up, cause they don't understand what makes it work.
    Yeah like how the iphone 7 can't even plug into the new macbook amateur they released last week. It just works though right? Don't even get me started on what they been doing to OS X which probably peaked around Leopard and has been going down hill ever since.

The reason no one else rises up is because no one else has the resources to. The little guys who were only in the phone business can't compete with the Goliath's of the tech world who do everything and operate monopolies unchecked. The whole it just works hasn't been true since Steve died but with an unlimited marketing budget that doesn't matter anymore. No way he would have released that crap they did last week and let OS X become what it has.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 11-07-16 at 04:31 PM.
    11-07-16 04:19 PM
    Yeah like how the iphone 7 can't even plug into the new macbook amateur they released last week. It just works though right? Don't even get me started on what they been doing to OS X which probably peaked around Leopard and has been going down hill ever since.

The reason no one else rises up is because no one else has the resources to. The little guys who were only in the phone business can't compete with the Goliath's of the tech world who do everything and operate monopolies unchecked. The whole it just works hasn't been true since Steve died but with an unlimited marketing budget that doesn't matter anymore. No way he would have released that crap they did last week and let OS X become what it has.
    Someone suggested that OS X would disappear to make place to iOS in those laptop/computer
    11-07-16 05:49 PM
    Your phone has the capability to produce sentences with correct grammar, punctuation, and paragraphs.
    It has actually, I Just have to study more english grammar to be on point with the "crackberry correct post requirements" I do guess

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 03:14 AM
    Apps. There is nothing more to that device.

And since it was the first one to base their OS around apps, a large number of companies have adapted to their ecosystem. Resulting in a market share where even 1/10th of the entire percentile, results in a margin beyond comprehension.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-08-16 03:48 AM
    Because Lazaridis said when iphone came out people would not type on touch screens and BlackBerry would Not produce a touch screen .
    11-08-16 04:21 AM
    Apple just like Microsoft and Google have monopolies in other business units that allowed them to move in and out market the competition in Palm, Blackberry, and Nokia. I would say WebOS, BB10, and Meego were all vastly superior but they were the little guys who never had a chance once the big players with billions upon billions in marketing dollars stepped in. Nothing would have changed that and the governments don't seem to care about this crony capitalism.

I owned an iphone before just about anyone and while it was neat back in 2008 today iOS is just complete garbage to me. It's a UI nightmare that functions but not elegantly and is so dumbed down. I want to throw my ipad against the wall half the time with it's bastardized OS. Android really isn't much better either though but they have the apps so that's what people get.

At least with the new MacBook Pro Apple released last week they are the laughing stock now.
    What monopoly did Apple have?
    11-08-16 06:23 AM

Except that Jobs did release something similar and was met with the same responses by the same crowds.

What? Forgot all about the first iMac and OSX? Seriously, the tech elite had a cow over all the missing ports. Same as now.

Real consumers (ya know, the ones that actually spend money) saw things much differently and loved the streamlined convenience.

Same ****, different day when it came to FireWire and optical media. Ditto for Blu-Ray.

And yet, Apple hasn't faltered on any of these fronts.

If anything, Apple knows their target market and how to make products for said market. The reality is that the complainers may not really be Apple's market.

PS - Who still plugs their iPhone into a computer? Not Apple's target market.
    11-08-16 10:33 AM
    The reality is that the complainers may not really be Apple's market.
    Anyone not the target market won't care enough to complain.

Only users of a product get upset when that product changes from what they are use to. So it must be the target market that's doing the complaining.
    11-08-16 12:25 PM
    Anyone not the target market won't care enough to complain.

Only users of a product get upset when that product changes from what they are use to. So it must be the target market that's doing the complaining.
    By that logic, everyone currently using the product should be complaining. That doesn't appear to be the case.

The fringe users may be complaining. But I'd say they're still not the target market.

The corner cases don't define the mean.
    11-08-16 01:02 PM
    Why, because it is a Fisher Price OS in a. Nice wrapper. Any 3 year old and 80 year old can figure it out.
    I can't stand the OS. It's not an efficient device to use. Drives me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 01:14 PM
    Guys let's make it simple... if you still don't understand the success of iOS and the iphone after this, then I don't know what else will make you understand.

What is keeping 90% of PC users stick to Windows??? Apps! I know that for work, there are tons of apps that is only available for windows. Also pretty much all PC games are available for windows. You can't say the same for other OS

Now why is the iPhone such a success? Apps too! No matter if it's games or work apps, they are all available on iOS.

So the reason for their success is apps mainly. I keep reading replies here saying that people don't care about apps... well those kind of comments are the reason why BB doesn't produce handsets anymore
    11-08-16 01:31 PM
    Why, because it is a Fisher Price OS in a. Nice wrapper. Any 3 year old and 80 year old can figure it out.
    I can't stand the OS. It's not an efficient device to use. Drives me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, because what people are looking for is a complicated OS.
    JeepBB, TgeekB, Ronindan and 1 others like this.
    11-08-16 01:52 PM
    By that logic, everyone currently using the product should be complaining. That doesn't appear to be the case.

The fringe users may be complaining. But I'd say they're still not the target market.

I'm thinking more of the hardcore MacBook user. The ones that use them for work. They seem to be the ones complaining the most. With the MacBooks being labeled "pro" you would think the target audience would be professionals. If the pro's are complaining about the product, then the target audience is complaining.

Now, since the upgrade isn't up to "professional" levels, I guess you could say that professionals are no longer the target. And the pro name is just that, a name and no longer means professional.
    11-08-16 02:26 PM
    Because Lazaridis said when iphone came out people would not type on touch screens and BlackBerry would Not produce a touch screen .
    Actually worse than that, neither of the two co-CEOs even believed the iPhone was real when it was launched. Ponder that for a minute. Truly frightening.

All but the most die-hard loyalists saw that it was over for RIM that day.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-08-16 02:59 PM

Yeah the hipsters, kiddies, and old people don't care which is all apple markets towards now. It's the pro and geek market that they use to cater to and helped them survive that they don't give a damn about anymore which is a huge mistake. They might be a smaller market but have huge mindshare.

Tim Cook is the new John Sculley with a confused product line with no focus anymore besides the bottom line. That mentality is awful for the long term. They've already lost the education market to chromebooks and just lost the professional market with the studio and that joke they put out last week.
    11-08-16 03:25 PM
    Guys let's make it simple... if you still don't understand the success of iOS and the iphone after this, then I don't know what else will make you understand.

What is keeping 90% of PC users stick to Windows??? Apps! I know that for work, there are tons of apps that is only available for windows. Also pretty much all PC games are available for windows. You can't say the same for other OS

Now why is the iPhone such a success? Apps too! No matter if it's games or work apps, they are all available on iOS.

So the reason for their success is apps mainly. I keep reading replies here saying that people don't care about apps... well those kind of comments are the reason why BB doesn't produce handsets anymore
    Amazing insight there. It's a little bit easier to get that kind of ecosystem when you have a monopoly in the first place whether it's google with search, Microsoft with office, or Apple with music players. Those monopolies help to fund everything else they do and make it impossible for the little guys to compete whether it be Nokia, Palm, Blackberry, Sega, or Nintendo who were ever only in one line of business to start with.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 11-08-16 at 04:07 PM.
    11-08-16 03:33 PM
    Not everyone is a kid, hipster, or old person. I mean why should we have manual transmissions then? It's too complicated so we should make everyone drive an automatic I guess.
    11-08-16 03:42 PM
    I'm thinking more of the hardcore MacBook user. The ones that use them for work. They seem to be the ones complaining the most. With the MacBooks being labeled "pro" you would think the target audience would be professionals. If the pro's are complaining about the product, then the target audience is complaining.

Now, since the upgrade isn't up to "professional" levels, I guess you could say that professionals are no longer the target. And the pro name is just that, a name and no longer means professional.
    I know plenty of hardcore Mac users that use them for work. Heck, I'm sometimes one of them. There is exactly 1 photographer that's affected by the new Mac. The other 20-ish have no issue.

Once again, a corner case. I posit that most MacBook (Pro or otherwise) users aren't hooking up a bunch of gear to their laptop.
    11-08-16 04:31 PM
    Yeah the hipsters, kiddies, and old people don't care which is all apple markets towards now. It's the pro and geek market that they use to cater to and helped them survive that they don't give a damn about anymore which is a huge mistake. They might be a smaller market but have huge mindshare.

Tim Cook is the new John Sculley with a confused product line with no focus anymore besides the bottom line. That mentality is awful for the long term. They've already lost the education market to chromebooks and just lost the professional market with the studio and that joke they put out last week.
    Still corner cases in my book.

And don't discount the mindshare of the average user. They're the ones that convince other users to switch.

The corner cases are speaking in the echo chamber of like-minded individuals. No growth there.
    11-08-16 04:33 PM
    The more complex the better. I want to be confused!
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    11-08-16 04:33 PM
    Not everyone is a kid, hipster, or old person. I mean why should we have manual transmissions then? It's too complicated so we should make everyone drive an automatic I guess.
    The solution is simple. Don't use the platform that's not right for you.

However, you should stop assuming less (unless you meant "kid, hipster or old person" in a non-disparaging manner) of users who have different needs or desires from yours.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-08-16 04:36 PM
    The solution is simple. Don't use the platform that's not right for you.

However, you should stop assuming less (unless you meant "kid, hipster or old person" in a non-disparaging manner) of users who have different needs or desires from yours.
    And the other side should stop disparaging people who don't want everything dumbed down and wishing for alternative platforms to die so we can all be a society of sheep using the same product.
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-08-16 04:57 PM
567 ... 1819202122 ...