If you want to charge it, yes. Not sure what that has to do with innovation except you continually wanting to bash a company that took all of Blackberry's customers. To each his own though.
    You can't deny that the new macbooks are underwhelming. And the whole mess of donlges required is very unlike Apple. Lack of consistency is also mind boggling (why support USB C on the Macbook but not on the iPhone?). Apple is slowly losing their way. It happens to all big companies. I'm not declaring them soon to be dead or bankrupt, but the Apple of 10 years ago that everyone loved no longer exists.
    DrBoomBotz and DJ BigToe like this.
    11-03-16 11:09 AM
    You can't deny that the new macbooks are underwhelming. And the whole mess of donlges required is very unlike Apple. Lack of consistency is also mind boggling (why support USB C on the Macbook but not on the iPhone?). Apple is slowly losing their way. It happens to all big companies. I'm not declaring them soon to be dead or bankrupt, but the Apple of 10 years ago that everyone loved no longer exists.
    regardless, i still like they grab 104% profit of smartphone industry... (Mac performance is better,based on the review... just not the spec... are you using piece of paper the spec write on or the performance? native app might be good, not sure about 3rd party... especially cross platform stuff might be a bit iffy... backward compatible or leading edge... balance is hard... usually apple need to try 3x before it get it right.., just like iphone... until get to iphone 4.).
    11-03-16 03:31 PM
    regardless, i still like they grab 104% profit of smartphone industry... (Mac performance is better,based on the review... just not the spec... are you using piece of paper the spec write on or the performance? native app might be good, not sure about 3rd party... especially cross platform stuff might be a bit iffy... backward compatible or leading edge... balance is hard... usually apple need to try 3x before it get it right.., just like iphone... until get to iphone 4.).
    No argument that they make huge profits in smartphones. They do. They know how to make money. They've positioned the brand as high end and can make the margins that come with that.
    11-03-16 06:53 PM
    Like some I've had most BBOS devices, BB10 devices, and even a PRIV, DTEK50, and ordered a DTEK60 after returning the DTEK50.

I'm still chasing a real BlackBerry experience with APPS!

So why iPhone. I'm now using an iPhone 6s that is given by work and have a personal iPhone 7. I don't like either per se. On the other hand, I don't dislike them.

They are what they are. Simple, easy to use out of the box communication slabs. Everything just seems to work.

My preference would be BlackBerry 10 with Apps. I'd switch back in a second. BlackBerry with Android is nowhere close in my mind.

So that's how I ended up with iPhones.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-03-16 07:35 PM
    Like some I've had most BBOS devices, BB10 devices, and even a PRIV, DTEK50, and ordered a DTEK60 after returning the DTEK50.

I'm still chasing a real BlackBerry experience with APPS!

So why iPhone. I'm now using an iPhone 6s that is given by work and have a personal iPhone 7. I don't like either per se. On the other hand, I don't dislike them.

They are what they are. Simple, easy to use out of the box communication slabs. Everything just seems to work.

My preference would be BlackBerry 10 with Apps. I'd switch back in a second. BlackBerry with Android is nowhere close in my mind.

So that's how I ended up with iPhones.
    I think, as weird that it may sound, iOS is in a certain way much closer to BB10 than Android. Why? Because Apple designs software and hardware... and iOS is pretty much locked down like BB10.

That's how I ended up with an iPhone 6S Plus.
    zocster, TGR1 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    11-03-16 10:14 PM
    No wifi issues maybe?
    11-04-16 11:19 AM
    No wifi issues maybe?
    Apple had had their share of Wifi issues, believe me! But yeah... they fixed them
    valer466 likes this.
    11-04-16 12:15 PM
    Camera, design and app availability. And it's a luxury device. Best to show off here in india.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 05:57 AM
    Oh I completely agree. I won't be buying one that's for sure.
    11-05-16 06:43 AM
    Right now the price makes this model pretty attractive if we sign a two year contract, now who in their right mind is going to take a three-year-old 5S over the new SE?

Would YOU!? Ooooo tough choice.

I have to say despite having major issues with iOS 10, 10.1.1 fixed all my problems and now my old 5C works as fast as when it was on iOS 7. So I do like that Apple is able to keep the older devices running, (how long can you run an old android) although there are some issues at the beginning of any new major OS it seems, they get on it pretty quick and fix it pronto. If I'm not mistaken I could've still been using my iPad 2 because iOS 10 is available for it I believe.

What makes iphone so successful?-img_1478366374.983277.jpg
    11-05-16 12:22 PM
    Right now the price makes this model pretty attractive if we sign a two year contract, now who in their right mind is going to take a three-year-old 5S over the new SE?

I have to say despite having major issues with iOS 10, 10.1.1 fixed all my problems and now my old 5C works as fast as when it was on iOS 7. So I do like that Apple is able to keep the older devices running, (how long can you run an old android) although there are some issues at the beginning of any new major OS it seems, they get on it pretty quick and fix it pronto. If I'm not mistaken I could've still been using my iPad 2 because iOS 10 is available for it I believe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1478366374.983277.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	411403
    Neither iPad 2 nor 3 will get iOS 10. Just FYI.
    11-05-16 01:05 PM
    Thank God! IOS 8 and 9 have been useless resource hogs on my iPad 3!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:14 PM
    I think, as weird that it may sound, iOS is in a certain way much closer to BB10 than Android. Why? Because Apple designs software and hardware... and iOS is pretty much locked down like BB10.

That's how I ended up with an iPhone 6S Plus.
    That's true, but iOS is sooo app focused, with horrible integration of communications. I've really tried to love iOS, but I can't deal with the productivity penalty on a platform that is more geared to finding an app to tune my ukulele than on presenting all my communications in an integrated and concise manner.

Also, even if the iPhone lets you take great pictures and video, it insists on syncing them without removing them locally instead of just sending them to the cloud. The result is that you have to plug in the stupid thing to download images before you can safely delete them.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:22 PM
    Thank God! IOS 8 and 9 have been useless resource hogs on my iPad 3!

Posted via CB10
    So, what are you going to do?
    11-05-16 03:23 PM
    Ah right you are, it must've been the iPad mini 2 that I saw listed

https://www.cnet.com/news/ios-10-com...k-with-ios-10/
    11-05-16 08:19 PM
    Superb marketing, marketing than makes dumb people buy overpriced and outdated stuff with an OS made for ******** People.... nothing like the BlackBerry 10 OS....

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 08:29 PM
    That's true, but iOS is sooo app focused, with horrible integration of communications. I've really tried to love iOS, but I can't deal with the productivity penalty on a platform that is more geared to finding an app to tune my ukulele than on presenting all my communications in an integrated and concise manner.

Also, even if the iPhone lets you take great pictures and video, it insists on syncing them without removing them locally instead of just sending them to the cloud. The result is that you have to plug in the stupid thing to download images before you can safely delete them.

Posted via CB10
    You can have them sent to cloud and remove them as needed from device automatically as well.

donnation likes this.
    11-05-16 08:32 PM
    Superb marketing, marketing than makes dumb people buy overpriced and outdated stuff with an OS made for ******** People.... nothing like the BlackBerry 10 OS....

Posted via CB10
    Oh jeez, really?
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-05-16 09:40 PM
    Oh jeez, really?
    Just the usual dismissive rationalizations. Nothing new.
    TgeekB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-05-16 09:59 PM
    Just the usual dismissive rationalizations. Nothing new.
    Lol, I know. Its always funny when people come on here and proclaim that anyone who doesn't use BB10 is an ***** swindled by marketing. Still amazes me that people think that.
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-05-16 10:01 PM
    Lol, I know. Its always funny when people come on here and proclaim that anyone who doesn't use BB10 is an ***** swindled by marketing. Still amazes me that people think that.
    Yeah. What's really funny is the folks who think they're somehow special or elite because they still use a BlackBerry. Weird.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-05-16 10:34 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1478366374.983277.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	411403
    On Bell if you purchase a 5S your plan is reduced by $10 a month = a savings of $240 over the life of the contract compared with the SE.

Non premium phones phone contracts can be cheaper than for a premium phone. The DTEK50 would be $190 cheaper than an SE over the life of the contract. The 5S could be a good budget phone choice.

It varies so much because sometimes you can get a trade in on your old phone too. If you can get a trade in on a SE and not a 5S that might make up the difference.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-06-16 at 12:52 AM.
    11-06-16 12:40 AM
    Americana and Sheeps or both the same?
    11-06-16 05:44 AM
    BlackBerry used to be great but now I must say it has gone on a low run, hopefully Android helps...
    11-06-16 06:05 AM
    BlackBerry used to be great but now I must say it has gone on a low run, hopefully Android helps...
    If they keep BlackBerry 10 alive for at least 2020 and they keep growing and earning Cash with software, they could have enough Cash to make BlackBerry 10 a competitive player on mobile marlet, why?, Google is preparing An OS than Will fuse Android with Chrome OS a la Yu-Gi-Oh, when an OS is released and the predecessors being left behind there is always room for a mess a la BlackBerry OS 7 in its days, Apple if not bankrupt Will strike with everithing, Samsung Will bring a (by that time) powered Tizen, Sailfish OS and Ubuntu Phone OS if developed too, can be heavy contenders in the battle, and Windows Phone Will be one of the Majors contenders if not the most dangerous, if BlackBerry powers up 10 properly can also be a very heavy contender, well Lets wait and look

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 06:18 AM
567 ... 1516171819 ...