oh, boy, just saw the "hello" event, those apple fan are very rude (based on the youtube comment)... open a different dictionary to mine... scary. definitely increase my respect to their marketing group... gee. talking about tough customer try to please...
    10-27-16 01:41 PM
    They do marketing too well. See how they named their products
    retina display - more than 270 ppi on screen.
    Airdrop - wifi file transfer
    Airplay - mirroring screen
    facetime - video calling
    iTunes - music/movie store
    iPad - tablet
    iPod - music player
    Last edited by ngutran; 11-02-16 at 01:53 AM.
    10-29-16 10:21 PM
    oh, boy, just saw the "hello" event, those apple fan are very rude (based on the youtube comment)... open a different dictionary to mine... scary. definitely increase my respect to their marketing group... gee. talking about tough customer try to please...
    Well to be fair, people have a right to be a little miffed at Apple's new MacBook Pro line. Going all in on USB-C is fine (I guess...), but getting rid of the SD Card slot and Mag-Safe charger is another (which was beyond stupid if you ask me). I have a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB flash drive and Apple gave me literally zero reason to upgrade beyond the touch bar, which looks nice but not something that is going to be game changer for me in daily use.
    10-30-16 11:07 AM
    Well to be fair, people have a right to be a little miffed at Apple's new MacBook Pro line. Going all in on USB-C is fine (I guess...), but getting rid of the SD Card slot and Mag-Safe charger is another (which was beyond stupid if you ask me). I have a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB flash drive and Apple gave me literally zero reason to upgrade beyond the touch bar, which looks nice but not something that is going to be game changer for me in daily use.
    I heard last night that with the USB-C only macbooks you can't plug in your new iphone 7. Is this true?
    10-30-16 11:24 AM
    Because of screen touch and the main thing is now god

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 11:44 AM
    I heard last night that with the USB-C only macbooks you can't plug in your new iphone 7. Is this true?
    no its not true
    10-30-16 11:49 AM
    Not out of the box without an USB to lightning cord or an adaptor.
    10-30-16 11:49 AM
    Well to be fair, people have a right to be a little miffed at Apple's new MacBook Pro line. I have a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB flash drive and Apple gave me literally zero reason to upgrade beyond the touch bar, which looks nice but not something that is going to be game changer for me in daily use.
    Agree, it is not stop in your track and skip a heart beat type of upgrade. but GPU Pro 460 FinFET ultra thin chip (should be better for thermal and bettery... therefore, performance) might be GAME change... VR, AR change?
    10-30-16 12:45 PM
    Not out of the box without an USB to lightning cord or an adaptor.
    no its not true
    So it is true.

In order to plug a new iphone 7 into your new mac book pro, you have to buy new adapters. Innovative.
    10-30-16 02:04 PM
    So it is true.

In order to plug a new iphone 7 into your new mac book pro, you have to buy new adapters. Innovative.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps68b36fd3.gif
    If you want to charge it, yes. Not sure what that has to do with innovation except you continually wanting to bash a company that took all of Blackberry's customers. To each his own though.
    MikeX74 and TgeekB like this.
    10-30-16 02:11 PM
    If you want to charge it, yes. Not sure what that has to do with innovation except you continually wanting to bash a company that took all of Blackberry's customers. To each his own though.
    It was a joke, must have gone over your head. And, Android took some of those customers too. Please get your facts straight.
    10-30-16 02:19 PM
    It was a joke, must have gone over your head. And, Android took some of those customers too. Please get your facts straight.
    Just saying. I don't care who or what you bash, but own it. And it mostly comes off as sour grapes.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-30-16 02:26 PM
    I think also because they still offer a smaller and cheap SE model. I read in Appy-Geek that the SE outsold the 6S BUT I think the reason there is a rumour they might not make an SE 2 is because Apple cannot make enough $ off them, supposedly.

At least the option is there right now. There are permanant deals here now to get the SE for $0 if you sign a 2 year contract. If you trade then you get the 64 GB model for free also.

I might have to jump on this. Why would I pay $399 for an iphone 7 with no headphone jack when the SE's processor is the same as the 6S's?

No Thanks.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-30-16 04:48 PM
    Just saying. I don't care who or what you bash, but own it. And it mostly comes off as sour grapes.
    Keep grapes out of this. But seriously, to design two new products that can't be connected with out adapters, must have been the new guys job.
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-30-16 05:05 PM
    Apple really does have brand loyalty. I got into a scuffle with the family over how android and apple OS differs and are similar.

Barely made it out with my Priv in tact.

"Slide out keyboard?!" *expletives*
    10-30-16 05:14 PM
    Keep grapes out of this. But seriously, to design two new products that can't be connected with out adapters, must have been the new guys job.
    I agree that they seem to make a lot of products that must use different adapters, cords, etc. but they make it up by producing quality products and great customer service. Seems to be a winning model.
    10-30-16 05:21 PM
    They is no adapter needed. Sure you can convert some cables if you want with an adapter but you could just use a USB C to lightning cable. Just the same everyone is now buying up USB C cables already for their new android devices.
    10-30-16 06:06 PM
    Think of the lifecycle of these devices now. They went thunderbolt and USB c for a reason.
    10-30-16 06:28 PM
    Lol oh right, 4 inches vs. 4.2 inches. Also, It was actually 6 months earlier than the Z10, but that's splitting hairs I guess. Yeah I forgot about the battery replacement program because it was a such a small percentage of phones. I'm glad BB stepped up for the random rebooting issue that the Z10 had... I get you somehow had amazing battery life with your Z10, but you're in the very small minority of people in here. And that's not even the point. The discussion was on how BB has optimized BB10 to get incredible batter life, and that's just not the case. For any phone they have released there has been a tradeoff to get decent battery life, if the phone in fact got decent battery life. If not they had to put a massive battery in the phone to make it last, which doesn't speak at all to BB10 being optimized.
    Actually it was 4.5 months but keep backtracking from a year...

I never said I had amazing battery life with my z10. I just said that it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. I don't know how you know that I am in a small minority based upon posts here. In case you haven't noticed, this site is full of whiners. I have bought 3 z10s, used on two different networks and no complaints on battery life. 2 are still used daily today, including my daily driver work phone. A small minority cubed would be lottery odds which I don't think is the case. The battery life is on par with the other flagship phones circa early 2013. And the fact that it is swappable in the z10 provides a solution for those whom need more battery life.

Never had a random reboot either.

Admittedly I missed the unpolished bb10.0 era so maybe that is when battery life was 3 hours and the phone reboooted, I can't speak for that time.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 06:50 PM
    There are several reasons as mentioned in this thread. Yes marketing plays a major role, but marketing doesn't mean spit if there isn't a solid product that is backed by the company. iPhones are aesthetically pleasing, easy to use and capable. Most people don't want to think and tinker; they just want the product to work. Simple. The "apps" add intricacies and fill in the gaps of capability that iOS may have left out.
    10-30-16 09:54 PM
    I agree that they seem to make a lot of products that must use different adapters, cords, etc. but they make it up by producing quality products and great customer service. Seems to be a winning model.
    Quility products, except for the cables. You will need to replace them in a year. Good thing you have to buy a new one every year to connect everything anyway.
    10-30-16 10:55 PM
    Think of the lifecycle of these devices now. They went thunderbolt and USB c for a reason.
    The iphone 8 will have thunderbolt. I'm calling it now.
    Jahmal A likes this.
    10-30-16 10:56 PM
    Quility products, except for the cables. You will need to replace them in a year. Good thing you have to buy a new one every year to connect everything anyway.
    Apple requires Lightning cables to break when pulled on - better to break the cable than to damage the port on the smartphone. Notebooks and other devices are always breaking because the mini or micro USB port was damaged.
    Laura Knotek and TGR1 like this.
    10-31-16 08:13 AM
    Apple requires Lightning cables to break when pulled on - better to break the cable than to damage the port on the smartphone. Notebooks and other devices are always breaking because the mini or micro USB port was damaged.
    From what I've seen, the cables stop working, rather than snap in half. They don't do well under a ton of use. Bending is their biggest weakness.
    10-31-16 10:06 AM
    The iphone 8 will have thunderbolt. I'm calling it now.
    Draws too much power. Won't show up in phones until Intel gets that down.
    10-31-16 05:27 PM
567 ... 1415161718 ...