This maybe a weird question on a blackberry forum, but I'm starting to see it more and more in threads, how people are abandoning blackberry for iphones, and was wondering why people feel or think iphones are so much more successful than blackberry devices?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 05:33 PM
    It is simple and covers the basic very well. It has good battery life, very good hard ware, very good camera and IOS is quite capable OS. More importantly iphone is backed up by a diverse ecosystem with excellent support from Apple. People might not like how ios flow from one task to another but overall the iphone is a compelling package.
    phuoc, MikeX74, JeepBB and 11 others like this.
    10-16-16 05:40 PM
    Apps Apps Apps. (most came out for Apple before Android)

Simplicity of use

Innovation

Mind you for the first iphone there wasn't even an app store but when they did it, they did it right for the following generations.....
    10-16-16 05:44 PM
    This maybe a weird question on a blackberry forum, but I'm starting to see it more and more in threads, how people are abandoning blackberry for iphones, and was wondering why people feel or think iphones are so much more successful than blackberry devices?

Posted via CB10
    I only walked away from my Blackberry because I could not tolerate the Android OS on the Priv. I gave it an honest chance and it failed to impress me as Android always had in the past.

I still have my Passport SE, Z30 & Z10, but the iPhone 6S has become my daily driver because my kids have iPhones and I can better communicate with them. I never thought this would happen.
    I just ordered the iPhone 7 yesterday for the upgrade.
    BB10 needs the 10.3.3 upgrade. My browser has issues and certain sites I frequent will not load correctly on BB10 OS. 😒

I am patiently awaiting announcements from Blackberry on future devices.

Recently I saw a picture of what was said to be the possible Hypervisor Blackberry Device.
    I want to use BB again 100%, but I cannot tolerate Android's loose and chaotic system. Its horrible!!!
    Its sad because the Priv is such a solidly built device. Its so strong and beautiful.

What also intrigues me about Apple, and this goes years back to my iPod and iPad purchases, is there is an abundance of accessories to choose from!!
    I always had a hard time finding cases I liked for all my BB10 devices.

I am not deserting Blackberry. They will always have my business. I am just awaiting more word from them.
    I felt abandoned by BB after the Priv launched.

A suped up Z30 would be cool AF!!!! I love that phone!
    10-16-16 06:01 PM
    In addition, Apple, with its minimalist industrial design, is considered a premium, aspirational brand, and it also has the very best after-sale support on the market via Apple's chain of Apple Stores, where in most cases you can get same-day service.

Apple also understands marketing and brand placement, and specifically targeted the consumer market (but didn't preclude business use or insinuate that it wasn't right for business).

Apple chose for a long time to release a single new phone each year - with all efforts focused on getting that one phone right. That kept them from competing against themselves and being distracted with a lot of different options. Today they release as many as 3 phones a year - but they have the experience and infrastructure to do that and still do it well.

In other words, Apple made a long series of smart decisions and they knew who their market was and how they would appeal to them.

I'm not an Apple guy, and never have been - I've always been an "open-standards" guy - but I have to respect what Apple has done from a business perspective.
    JeepBB, MikeX74, wilber1 and 10 others like this.
    10-16-16 06:04 PM
    Not to mention the fact that the older iphones can still get updates sent OTA for years. The 4S from 2011 just stopped receiving updates as I believe is not able to get ios 10.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-16-16 06:11 PM
    I think another theory/reason for why people might get bored with iphones is they upgrade EVERY YEAR and will probably not notice much if any speed differences. Now I I were to upgrade from my 5C I would probably notice the world.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-16-16 07:50 PM
    Great points.

Ecosystem is a powerful incentive, as BBRY found out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-16 07:51 PM
    It's a dumbed down smart phone, with a bunch of apps people think they need. Great marketing, having people thinking something 2 years old, is new and innovative.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 08:22 PM
    Walled garden / closed ecosystem is sometimes preferable to being on the outside when what you want is mostly inside.
    10-16-16 08:44 PM
    It just works. No work-arounds, side-loading, or mish-mash of different email programs and browsers. Power-users who are techsavvy might be able to live with Android or even W10, but everything is out for the iPhone 1st without fuss.

Androids openness is also it's downfall in some ways. It will just never be as clean as IOS IMO

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 08:45 PM
    Because there is a sucker born every minute willing to overpay and many people have selective tolerances for corporate greed and transgressions.

They do make a great product with a great processor and an excellent camera.

In terms of world market share, however, Android is kicking everybody's butt.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    10-16-16 09:17 PM
    Android is not a phone. It's an OS.
    The iphone is a phone.

Respect for privacy (since Tim Cook took over) , good service, premium design, may be other reasons why some BlackBerry users are moving to an iphone.
    Chen has made it very clear that he doesn't care about the public's privacy and security.
    10-16-16 09:46 PM
    Android is not a phone. It's an OS.
    The iphone is a phone.

Respect for privacy (since Tim Cook took over) , good service, premium design, may be other reasons why some BlackBerry users are moving to an iphone.
    Chen has made it very clear that he doesn't care about the public's privacy and security.
    Quite the contrary. Tim Cook's fit about the San Bernardino phone actually proved that that phone could be hacked. What privacy? Conversely, BlackBerry's long history of protecting individual security, while co-operating with legal requests for suspected criminal activity (complete with court-ordered subpoena) assures that the keys to the cupboard remain with BlackBerry, making the rest of our communication closed to others.

I take it you didn't read your EULA. You agree not to use the device for criminal activties, don't you know?

Posted via CB10, on a BlackBerry Passport
    10-16-16 11:46 PM
    Advertising?

Evey iPhone TV ad makes me feel like I *need* an iPhone.

I just don't want to subscribe to Apple's lifestyle. I hate their products.

Nexus 6p 64gb
    Android 7.0 (PureNexus ROM)
    ElementalX Kernel
    10-17-16 12:37 AM
    but I'm starting to see it more and more in threads, how people are abandoning blackberry for iphones, and was wondering why people feel or think iphones are so much more successful than blackberry devices?

Posted via CB10
    Wait, what year is this? You're just now seeing this?
    10-17-16 02:20 AM
    What makes iphone successful?

Well probably it's functions are so easy and poor that even a silly dumbats is able to make a call or use FB like opening a bigmac wrapper or a can of Duff!

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-17-16 03:33 AM
    What makes iphone successful?

Well probably it's functions are so easy and poor that even a silly dumbats is able to make a call or use FB like opening a bigmac wrapper or a can of Duff!
    I've never before seen "ease of use" being described as a bad thing.

Pheww, lucky for Apple that gazillions of people see it differently.
    10-17-16 04:48 AM
    It's a dumbed down smart phone, with a bunch of apps people think they need. Great marketing, having people thinking something 2 years old, is new and innovative.

Posted via CB10
    Let's take the new processor - the A10 - if that is not innovative - could you point to which processor currently available is?
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-17-16 05:27 AM
    Quite the contrary. Tim Cook's fit about the San Bernardino phone actually proved that that phone could be hacked. What privacy? Conversely, BlackBerry's long history of protecting individual security, while co-operating with legal requests for suspected criminal activity (complete with court-ordered subpoena) assures that the keys to the cupboard remain with BlackBerry, making the rest of our communication closed to others.

I take it you didn't read your EULA. You agree not to use the device for criminal activties, don't you know?

Posted via CB10, on a BlackBerry Passport
    I did not say that the iphone or the Mac weren't hackable.
    This is the reason why I don't trust them with my data: neither the Mac nor the Iphone.

But the declared intention to protect the users' privacy is there with Apple.
    Unlike during Lazaridis' time, who was adamant about the users' privacy, it isn't anymore with Blackberry since Chen joined. He has repeatedly ruined that reputation.
    Moving to android alone delivered all his users in the arms of Google to be thoroughly datamined.
    That is even worse than sharing their data with the government.
    10-17-16 05:56 AM
    Apples iPhone is very popular because that people that don't know much about technology buys the phones. They have fallen for the marketing and buy an expensive smartphone with budget spec's and yesterday's technology.
    iPhone also have a simple operating system this easy to learn.
    10-17-16 06:20 AM
    100% marketing. It was crammed down the public's throats and revisions/updates pumped out rapidly.
    Blackberry started off BETTER than the original iPhone when they released the Z10 AND had a more developed app store. They failed to market it well and had absolutely NO momentum. They released a completely random assortment of devices with no successors.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-17-16 06:51 AM
    Z10-Z30 users are waiting for the successor,, passport users wants the upgrade,,classic users wants the upgrade,whatsapp facebook the most common n important social media apps are gone, blackberry abandoned their own os,android sucks so there's only one way-the iphone. Look at the dtek50 release, they did it so secretly that they don't want the world to know about it and no one would care about the dtek60 too. People didn't left blackberry but blackberry betrayed blackberry.

The Living Legend- Babbu Maan.
    10-17-16 07:29 AM
    Apples iPhone is very popular because that people that don't know much about technology buys the phones. They have fallen for the marketing and buy an expensive smartphone with budget spec's and yesterday's technology.
    iPhone also have a simple operating system this easy to learn.
    I guess these same people that were buying BlackBerry's back in the day were somehow smarter and more knowledgable about technology.
    10-17-16 07:39 AM
    100% marketing. It was crammed down the public's throats and revisions/updates pumped out rapidly.
    Blackberry started off BETTER than the original iPhone when they released the Z10 AND had a more developed app store. They failed to market it well and had absolutely NO momentum. They released a completely random assortment of devices with no successors.
    Wait, was the Z10 BlackBerry's first ever phone? Oh right, they had years and years of experience making phones before that. It would probably make sense that the Z10 released in 2012 would be better than Apple's FIRST EVER PHONE that was released in 2007.
    10-17-16 07:41 AM
567 123 ...