10-26-09 01:40 PM
31 12
tools
    I mean aren't they the second most popular smartphone by marketshare. Yet it appears to be deceptively so as most people I know don't carry them and the ones with smart phones have the iphone? Any idea why the blackberry is so popular? Also is the app store getting popular now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 02:43 PM
    Push email, easy to use, full keyboard...
    10-25-09 02:46 PM
    I have noticed it depends what areas you are in as to which you will see. In NJ I see BlackBerry's EVERYWHERE. While in Texas, I noticed it was dominated by iPhones, it was very odd. Of course its all personal preference, people like different things in a phone, the iphone appeals to people who want media and gaming and big screen, BlackBerry is a little more business oriented with push email and such.
    10-25-09 02:46 PM
    In my opinion, Blackberry phones are classy and more reliable. Highly more sophisticated than something like a Razr, G1, Sidekick, etc. I had the iPhone 3g and love it, because I'm the kind of person to want to have something flashy. That's just how I am. I have a Blackberry Curve now, and I can rely on my Blackberry way more than my iPhone, despite the whole sleek look of the iPhone.
    10-25-09 02:55 PM
    I have noticed it depends what areas you are in as to which you will see. In NJ I see BlackBerry's EVERYWHERE. While in Texas, I noticed it was dominated by iPhones, it was very odd. Of course its all personal preference, people like different things in a phone, the iphone appeals to people who want media and gaming and big screen, BlackBerry is a little more business oriented with push email and such.
    Indeed, every other person has a blackberry, but now I'm seeing tons of people with the iPhone as well. Most likely, due to the price drop of the 3G.
    10-25-09 02:56 PM
    The fact that I own one.
    10-25-09 03:54 PM
    i wonder how long that marketshare will last with htc's business phones looking sexier and with more capabilities.

10-25-09 04:08 PM
    You would look better with a sophisticated Blackberry at any meal/party/function, rather than an iPhone. It makes you important! :P
    10-25-09 04:14 PM
    Function is the big part. Looks don't hurt. And the WOW factor when people see one in the hand is not bad either.
    10-25-09 04:23 PM
    BB is so popular because it's versitile enough to work for personal or business needs and with the variety of devices available people have a good selection to choose from.
    10-25-09 05:04 PM
    I think that it is so popular because of its sole use in the professional world.
    10-25-09 05:46 PM
    BB is so popular because it's VERSITLE!!!! enough to work for personal or business needs and with the variety of devices available people have a good selection to choose from.
    no offense or im not meaning to bash you by any means but what smart phone isnt versitile. reliable or something along those lines would have been a good argument but versitile any iphone user windows mobile or symbian smartphone user can easily argue their phone is versitile thats the point of a smart phone, hence the word smart. An i wont even start on andriod that operating systems first name is versitile along with webOS. not a good point my friend, ok im BASHING!!!
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 10-25-09 at 06:50 PM.
    10-25-09 06:48 PM
    I travel a lot and notice blackberrys are popular among business owners and the "tech savvy" people while iphones are more teens and college students that don't know any better.

social apps like myspace, facebook and twitter are making it increasingly popular with the general public than just the business orientated people.
    10-25-09 08:17 PM
    Saves me the cost of purchasing a computer to do the things I originally needed a computer for.

I don't have to go buy a GPS, calculator, ipod, portable radio, or Police scanner. I can go shopping. I can keep in touch with my family. I can take pictures and share them with the world in seconds. I can spend time messaging with friends around the globe. I don't have to carry a personal organizer. Or a watch. Or a video camera. Or a voice recorder. I can pay many of my bills.

Oh, and I can make phone calls.

10-25-09 08:30 PM
    I travel a lot and notice blackberrys are popular among business owners and the "tech savvy" people while iphones are more teens and college students that don't know any better.

social apps like myspace, facebook and twitter are making it increasingly popular with the general public than just the business orientated people.
    "TRAVEL ALL OVER THE WORLD" thats hard to believe that you see them with blackberries because i really do travel all over the world working for military intel and i dont see tech savvy people with blackberries thats halarious you would say that. usually i see them with nokia phones overseas, because they all want to be like americans and rap and what not and love the music capabilities that come with nokia's when it comes to germany for that matter. Windows devices when it comes to tech geeks like myself due to they way you can really get into the device because it is built much more like a computer itself then any other device out on the market, and some with symbian devices, but blackberries nooooo, not at all now business oriented people yes coporate workers heck yea blackberries come with the job, and title but to say tech saavy where in the world have you been my friend. Im actually shocked you being around the world would say that. i was just in japan and lg was running things there i dont even remember seeing a blackberry. and in germany i saw one every blue moon. when i was in the uk for 2 years i saw more of them but that was the only country. man honestly where have you been.
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 10-25-09 at 08:42 PM.
    10-25-09 08:37 PM
    "TRAVEL ALL OVER THE WORLD" man honestly where have you been.
    Dude are you just here to mess with people or do you have something constructive to say..So you have been to a few countries, I have been to 29 and Blackberry does have a world share of the market. Winmo, yep you have to tinker with it...to get it to WORK! Tech people do like Blackberry because they don't HAVE to tinker with it because it is rock solid! Where have YOU been!
    10-25-09 08:53 PM
    has alot to do with the corporate world. initially blackberry rocked the business community and then started to make phones that were both great for business and personal. your seeing RIM make phones for the entertainment while keeping and enhancing the business capability. thus teens and parents both having BB.
    10-25-09 09:06 PM
    just this year i've been to germany, south korea, canada all over the US but never said all over the world just said I traveled alot. If you want to make an *** of yourself atleast make sense.

South Korea and asian countries would be the majority of the Nokia phones because it is popular over seas and in the UK

quit being an ***** youre not worth the energy
    10-25-09 09:08 PM
    just this year i've been to germany, south korea, canada all over the US but never said all over the world just said I traveled alot. If you want to make an *** of yourself atleast make sense.

South Korea and asian countries would be the majority of the Nokia phones because it is popular over seas and in the UK

quit being an ***** youre not worth the energy
    dont reply then, and the guy said that blackberries have a share of the world market i clearly said that yes blackberry is a popular phone i know my employer gave me one and i use it everyday, but to say its a tech geeks phone, is halarious to me because all the geeks i know have blackberries and its because they were given them by there employer not because they went out and purchased their own. and your right you did say you traveled a lot my fault but overseas blackberries arent kind i promise you, in the uk though there is a large following thats even evident on this site.
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 10-25-09 at 09:31 PM.
    10-25-09 09:28 PM
    BlackBerry is popular is because it was the first real smart phone. Since then it has gathered a loyal following.
    10-25-09 09:32 PM
    yea i totally agree with this statement a loyal but i also believe it is a dwindling population being that everyone is catching up and passing the blackberries os. i mean even on this site i see more post about the moto driod then on andriod forums themselves.
    10-25-09 09:36 PM
    overall well built fone. always reliable for networking
    10-25-09 10:31 PM
    I think for their relability, full keyboard and TRACKBALL!! 8)

10-25-09 11:04 PM
    Crackberry is my answer.

10-25-09 11:10 PM
    Windows devices when it comes to tech geeks like myself
    Make sure you're only talking about yourself there; I'm a tech geek myself and neither I nor none of the tech geeks I know prefer Windows Mobile phones.

Windows Mobile phones are, IMHO, just about the worst you can get.
    10-25-09 11:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD