06-18-08 06:12 PM
35 12
tools
    I used to be more "into" my BlackBerry a long time ago, when I first switched over to it from Windows Mobile. That lasted about 2 weeks until I realized that push mail wasn't exactly "amazing," and that my WinMo phone actually packed untold amounts of potential in comparison.

However, I liked the keyboard and the scrollwheel (still prefer the wheel to the ball), and while I didn't find push mail amazing, I enjoyed having it. It was also a bit more stable than WinMo, so I kept it around and it grew on me, just never to the point of pure "addiction." There were numerous times where I left the Berry behind for other phones, and times when I kept more than one phone and just swapped my SIM around.

I was more addicted to this site than I ever was to the actual Berry. That is starting to change as well. Not because the site has gotten worse, or because the core community I get along with is gone. No, none of that. I am losing my addiction to this site because of the new users obsessively proclaiming their love for their Berry to near unhealthy levels. I am losing my addiction due to the incessant hate towards the iPhone for no reason. I am all for being a fan, but when you need to bash another product to make yourself feel more proud of the one you use, there is something wrong.

I am open to new technology as a whole. Seeing what the iPhone is capable of as a platform not its features, not its hardware, not the marketing, not the image, not how it "compares" to BlackBerry has opened my eyes to a level of application design that I have never been able to have on a mobile device before it. It intrigues me enough to leave my Berry behind and give it a run for its money.

What intrigues me even more than that is Android. I don't think I will remain an iPhone user for an extended period of time, because if Android turns out remotely as good as it is shaping up, I will jump to that next.

There is no single device addiction for me. Instead, I have a technology addiction, and I refuse to hold loyalty, or be completely addicted, to any one of the bunch. It does nothing but causes many missed experiences with newer, and possibly better, devices. There may eventually be a device that locks me into "addiction," but it isn't a present day BlackBerry.
    RAWR... Android sounds awesome man, Google making an OS has been a long time coming, 'bout time it finally is in development.
    06-18-08 02:45 PM
    My point exactly, crazetoon. I'm addicted to technology, much to the dismay of my wife.
    06-18-08 03:06 PM
    Looks like a detour through georgia also.
    LOL! I shouldn't have!
    06-18-08 04:29 PM
    LOL! For someone not being atleast somewhat addicted amazinglygraceless sure spends a lot of time on this site!
    You got me there. But it's the community, not the phone that has me.
    06-18-08 04:42 PM
    I'm not addicted, I can stop anytime I want to!!! But I do love the attention I get for having a BB
    06-18-08 04:48 PM
    Looks like a detour through georgia also.
    LMAO First Jason, and then blackngray. Anyone wanna help me complete the Southern Trifecta
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-18-08 at 05:17 PM.
    06-18-08 05:15 PM
    LMAO First J, and then blackngray. Anyone wanna help me complete the Southern Trifecta
    I'm in Florida
    06-18-08 05:17 PM
    I'm in Florida
    Cool, now I just gotta remember to put a #10 cans of whup azz in the trunk for each of you.
    06-18-08 05:21 PM
    You got me there. But it's the community, not the phone that has me.
    I know I'm just aggravating you I'm just the same I turn my BB off at night I don't fool with Facebook or anything like that and the comment about the 2 year old getting in your bed every night I have the same problem with a 4 year old.
    06-18-08 06:02 PM
    I know I'm just aggravating you I'm just the same I turn my BB off at night I don't fool with Facebook or anything like that and the comment about the 2 year old getting in your bed every night I have the same problem with a 4 year old.
    amazinglygraceless, I just read thru this thread again and you must have made the comment about the 2 year old getting in your bed in another thread that I read today just in case you're wondering what I'm talking about.
    06-18-08 06:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD