I recently started to use Blackberry (previously experienced in Palm OS and WM).

I am curious as to what is that makes the Blackberry experience addictive, I still have not become addicted to it .

I have not found any feature unique to it that I did not had on my previous smartphones. So I am curious about why are people addicted to the berry.
    06-17-08 05:29 PM
    Nothing, nada, zilch, zip etc...

It is a smartphone nothing more, nothing less.
    It does not make you smart, look slimmer, cure polio,
    change the tides, increase your sexiness, raise your
    intellect. It's just a device that keep you in communication
    with others. And it is most certainly not more important
    than the people in your life. Unless of course, you have
    a truly effed up life.

I thought I get that off my chest prior to this turning
    into another ridiculous BB lovefest.
    06-17-08 06:11 PM
    Wow amazing, that almost had some harsh undertones to it. I started off just wanting a phone with a full qwerty keyboard. This is my first smartphone, and the wifi feature caught my eye.

So to be honest, I think any smartphone would have me addicted. But bottom line is I chose the curve first and so far I love it!! No, not more than my girlfriend or favorite tv shows. It does not interfere with daily activities. But why does that mean we can't express our love for this great device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 06:49 PM
    Bb is great cuz of the cb site!!!!

06-17-08 06:58 PM
    shorynot: It was not meant to be harsh at all, and if you have seen any of my posts you'd know this "BB addiction" thing just aggravates me to no end, and I always try to playfully inject my contrarian point of view. Most people do, and the thread grows even with my comment. There is actually an element of humor in all of them ( see my list of what the BB won't do). You can't actually think I think there are people who believe a BB could do those things. Especially the tide changing one.

As to expressing your opinion, of course you can, and even more importantly, of course you should. But please don't say I was being even remotely harsh because you failed to see the humor in my comment, in this thread or any threads like it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-17-08 at 07:06 PM.
    06-17-08 07:01 PM
    It's the community. Nothing else.

I also own a Subaru. North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club is where we go for that.

I love my phone, I love my Subaru.. I love the community attached to both. Really cool, smart, down to earth people.

Just my .02

Ryan
    06-17-08 07:26 PM
    I never thought I would get addicted but I did. Still don't know why.

06-17-08 07:36 PM
    I'm new to the BlackBerry and so far I'm liking it for the most part. Loss some ability that I had with my PPC, but overall I'm liking my new Curve so far. It's just a different toy for me and that is what I love about it. I love technology and have always try to push the limit. With Windows Mobile I found some good fellow users and that really makes all the difference. CrackBerry was the BB site that made me realize that the BB also had a good community. Just enjoy the new device and have fun.
    06-17-08 07:47 PM
    ^^ see i told ya... see previous post
    06-17-08 07:56 PM
    What makes it so addictive? Where do I even start? The ability to customeize every single facet of every single function that my phone has, the ability to signlehandedly place all the plannings o my life in a single place, constant email access, full qwerty keyboard, all the cases and skins and applications that make m berry a true reflection of me. **Whew, that was a lot even for me**
    06-17-08 08:07 PM
    I really love the Media Player on my Curve. I had a LG Chocolate and a Q with WM and feel like this Media Player is the best around; I even prefer it over the LG Voyager. I've also heard that the Media Player on the BB Curve is better than the one on the iPhone even.

It's just a real intuitive and easily customizable machine and that's what makes it "addictive". That and I converted the body of mine so I can smoke crack out of it....now it's got everything I need....
    06-17-08 10:35 PM
    shorynot: It was not meant to be harsh at all, and if you have seen any of my posts you'd know this "BB addiction" thing just aggravates me to no end, and I always try to playfully inject my contrarian point of view. Most people do, and the thread grows even with my comment. There is actually an element of humor in all of them ( see my list of what the BB won't do). You can't actually think I think there are people who believe a BB could do those things. Especially the tide changing one.

As to expressing your opinion, of course you can, and even more importantly, of course you should. But please don't say I was being even remotely harsh because you failed to see the humor in my comment, in this thread or any threads like it.
    @ AMAZING... which stage of addiction is the DENIAL process...LMAO!!!!!!!
    06-17-08 10:41 PM
    The trackball is really one of the few things that are unique to the BB. My girlfriend is somehow addicted to playing with it.
    06-17-08 10:47 PM
    I think there is actual drugs in the screen and keyboard. LOL
    06-17-08 10:47 PM
    Next time I come visit my grandparents (Fayetteville) I'm making a detour to smack you upside the head
    06-17-08 10:49 PM
    ^^^ lol^^^ I just had to....
    06-17-08 10:59 PM
    Two things seem to fuel my addiction. Crackberry and Viigo. At least they are the biggest time waisters.

--Don

~Always be prepared for the unexpected~
    pin:318fb677

06-17-08 11:29 PM
    I think there is something in that trackball.....

06-17-08 11:43 PM
    Stage 1 right?
    06-17-08 11:47 PM
    i think my addiction is fueled by this site and my inability to remove myself from this computer and my berry
    06-17-08 11:47 PM
    My addiction may be temporary. WAIT! DON'T SHOOT ME YET!
    What I mean by that is, I become addicted to every new electronic gadget I get, at least for a month or so. Then it begins to become just another tool.
    What I do like is the unlimited data plan. It's the first time I've had that. I also love the media player. I, previously, had the Voyager and while its music player was okay, the video player really sucked.
    On the Curve, it's great, sharp and clear, though a little small.
    We'll just have to wait to see if my "addiction" wanes. (I hope not)
    06-18-08 10:42 AM
    LOL! For someone not being atleast somewhat addicted amazinglygraceless sure spends a lot of time on this site!

06-18-08 01:02 PM
    I'm sorry I didn't mean that.
    He he

06-18-08 01:07 PM
    LOL! For someone not being atleast somewhat addicted amazinglygraceless sure spends a lot of time on this site!

Looks like a detour through georgia also.
    06-18-08 01:16 PM
    I used to be more "into" my BlackBerry a long time ago, when I first switched over to it from Windows Mobile. That lasted about 2 weeks until I realized that push mail wasn't exactly "amazing," and that my WinMo phone actually packed untold amounts of potential in comparison.

However, I liked the keyboard and the scrollwheel (still prefer the wheel to the ball), and while I didn't find push mail amazing, I enjoyed having it. It was also a bit more stable than WinMo, so I kept it around and it grew on me, just never to the point of pure "addiction." There were numerous times where I left the Berry behind for other phones, and times when I kept more than one phone and just swapped my SIM around.

I was more addicted to this site than I ever was to the actual Berry. That is starting to change as well. Not because the site has gotten worse, or because the core community I get along with is gone. No, none of that. I am losing my addiction to this site because of the new users obsessively proclaiming their love for their Berry to near unhealthy levels. I am losing my addiction due to the incessant hate towards the iPhone for no reason. I am all for being a fan, but when you need to bash another product to make yourself feel more proud of the one you use, there is something wrong.

I am open to new technology as a whole. Seeing what the iPhone is capable of as a platform �not its features, not its hardware, not the marketing, not the image, not how it "compares" to BlackBerry� has opened my eyes to a level of application design that I have never been able to have on a mobile device before it. It intrigues me enough to leave my Berry behind and give it a run for its money.

What intrigues me even more than that is Android. I don't think I will remain an iPhone user for an extended period of time, because if Android turns out remotely as good as it is shaping up, I will jump to that next.

There is no single device addiction for me. Instead, I have a technology addiction, and I refuse to hold loyalty, or be completely addicted, to any one of the bunch. It does nothing but causes many missed experiences with newer, and possibly better, devices. There may eventually be a device that locks me into "addiction," but it isn't a present day BlackBerry.
    06-18-08 02:38 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD