App availability and stale marketing, coupled with consumer enamuration with the competitions offerings cooled movement of all models really. As well as affordability of some models for developing economies.
    None of your excuses address the point that when given the choice between 9900 and 9810, the vast majority of carriers and customers preferred the 9900. The first few account for reduced sales across the board and the last one is just completely random as it tries to bring up the cost of devices despite us talking about 9900 vs 9810 which were both sold for similar prices.
    03-17-13 09:35 AM
    None of your excuses address the point that when given the choice between 9900 and 9810, the vast majority of carriers and customers preferred the 9900. The first few account for reduced sales across the board and the last one is just completely random as it tries to bring up the cost of devices despite us talking about 9900 vs 9810 which were both sold for similar prices.
    Well, I was waiting on the 9900 and decided to get the "refresh"(9810) which came out first on AT&T with what sems like an apology for not being released as the 9800 and it had minimal advertising. So, the numbers don't lie. However, BlackBerry is not in a position to discount "any" designs- even if it's a few years down the road. Especially with other Platforms watching to see just how well the new and improved BlackBerry works against their Smartphones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on OS hybrid- Mu Prime v2....like butta! (*_~)
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-18-13 at 06:57 AM.
    03-17-13 09:53 AM
    Would love a slider. Love my 9810. I would even hold out on getting a Z10 if they announce a slider in the works.
    MTL likes this.
    03-17-13 10:08 AM
    did not intend to be making excuses for bb.

whether the implications of my post were understood or not, there is an obvious following for the form factor according to comments on crackberry.

not sure that is enough to market anything, but it would be nice.
    03-17-13 10:16 AM
    Really? One-handed. Yeah, that would be a major issue for someone. Guys, I still think they should add the Slider to the line. The device would sell like the others with proper advertising.....which was part of the problem. Also, don't start picking at members because some of you don't like or want it. Also, unless you're one of the 12 Apostles, quit trying to post like your words are gospel or maybe the Great Oz.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on OS hybrid- Mu Prime v2....like butta! (*_~)
    Dude, learn how to read. I've specifically quoted a post addressing a Nokia slider. And if you had read my other post just after you might have learned that I'm for a slider...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:29 AM
    According to N4BB, the m-series slide has been canned. http://n4bb.com/current-blackberry-1...series-series/

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:30 AM
    However, BlackBerry is not in a position to discount "any" designs- even if it's a few years down the road. Especially with other Platforms watching to see just how well the new and improved BlackBerry works against their Smartphones.
    I expect that if bb10 continues to grow then we will eventually see a slider and other form factors besides, it is just that for at least the first year and probably even two of bb10, any new device has to either be a direct upgraded replacement for a particular model or be about growing the market significantly rather than stealing sales from another bb10 model.

That is why we will see a cheaper model after the q10 since that market will not overlap very much with the market for the z10 or q10 and then later this year we will see a larger screen all-touch device since it potentially attracts people who thought the z10 too small, but it is also why we probably won't see a slider for a while because most of the market for a slider will happily end up with either a z10 or a q10 and just leaving a hardcore niche of people who only want the slider.

There is one scenario that could see us get a slider early next year, there is much less need for the qwerty device to push the specs on compared with the all-touch models so maybe we would see something like q10 this year, slider next year, q11 the year after and they would keep the q10 on sale all of next year alongside that slider.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-17-13 11:16 AM
    Dude, learn how to read. I've specifically quoted a post addressing a Nokia slider. And if you had read my other post just after you might have learned that I'm for a slider...

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Dude, after the first sentence, everything else written was directed at past comments on here- whether you are for /against was never an issue. I didn't feel the need to point that ish out.......until now.
    Back on topic, as stated, if the sales are good, IMO, we could see something happening sooner regarding a Slider as opposed to a 2nd, 3rd generation with minimal upgrades before we possibly see one come to market. Too much is happening and more Smartphones to choose from for a repeat as with other devices. Well, I hope other things have changed as well.
    03-17-13 03:00 PM
    I expect that if bb10 continues to grow then we will eventually see a slider and other form factors besides, it is just that for at least the first year and probably even two of bb10, any new device has to either be a direct upgraded replacement for a particular model or be about growing the market significantly rather than stealing sales from another bb10 model.

That is why we will see a cheaper model after the q10 since that market will not overlap very much with the market for the z10 or q10 and then later this year we will see a larger screen all-touch device since it potentially attracts people who thought the z10 too small, but it is also why we probably won't see a slider for a while because most of the market for a slider will happily end up with either a z10 or a q10 and just leaving a hardcore niche of people who only want the slider.

There is one scenario that could see us get a slider early next year, there is much less need for the qwerty device to push the specs on compared with the all-touch models so maybe we would see something like q10 this year, slider next year, q11 the year after and they would keep the q10 on sale all of next year alongside that slider.
    LOL, missed your comments before posting. Valid points. I'm actually holding back after the launch to take a look at the Q10. After an SG3 and several iPhones, touchscreens are not that big of a deal to me. But, never had a Z10 in my hands either. Regardless, whatever BlackBerry releases, marketing needs to be there - especially since a lot of users are still on the fence regarding BlackBerry.
    03-17-13 03:09 PM
    According to N4BB, the m-series slide has been canned. Current BlackBerry 10 Phones Codename List: P-Series, S-Series, K-Series - N4BB

Posted via CB10
    Not surprised at all. If you recall, RIM/BlackBerry has a history of doing that just to bring the device back later.
    03-17-13 03:13 PM
    Not surprised at all. If you recall, RIM/BlackBerry has a history of doing that just to bring the device back later.
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:12 PM
    Not very likely according to Thorsten Heins latest press release. Mentions only qwerty release will be the Q10 and a couple of touch screen phones, , including a high end device for release in 2014.
    03-22-13 11:51 PM
    I was actually hoping this dream BB Blade would DEFINITELY be TRUE and would come out soon after BB has fixed whatever bugs users have identified. I mean, just imagine a 4.5 or even a 4.7 screen with a slider, quad core, 13mp and BB10.2? I own a Torch which hasnt convinced me to join the iOS or android universe and the BB Z10 while tempting, hasnt convinced me enuff yet. Ive never owned a Bold so I dont know what its keyboard feels like but my Torch made me forget what my previous Curve felt like. Blade just seems too good to be true though. I just dont know if the BB folks got the chutpah to seriously go at the competition and give us this dream phone. If they prove me wrong and bring it out? I will feel like I just went to smartphone heaven. Ill keep dreaming though.
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-05-13 05:48 PM
    People need to stop bringing up the blade, it was always a technically impossible design that looked pretty to some people who could overlook certain ergonomic issues with it, wanting a new slider is one thing and hopefully the market for bb10 will expand sufficiently in the future that there is enough demand for one, but people need to realise that when one shows up you are going to get a device that ends up being thicker and heavier than a z10 with a keyboard that is not as good as a q10 because a slider is not the best of both worlds it is simply a different set of compromises.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-06-13 07:10 AM
    BB thinks that the virtual keyboard on the Z is so good that you will not need the Q but if you need a physical KB that the Q offers enough screen that you should not need a slider. Maybe once BB gets a new Curve ( cheap phone market) and a new Aristo ( Big screen market ) and a new bb7 ( BRIC countries market) plus upgrades to all these phones ... you might see a slider. The Slider might be something more innovative than we have seen so far from any manufacturer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...kberry-770837/
    04-08-13 09:31 AM
    BB thinks that the virtual keyboard on the Z is so good that you will not need the Q but if you need a physical KB that the Q offers enough screen that you should not need a slider. Maybe once BB gets a new Curve ( cheap phone market) and a new Aristo ( Big screen market ) and a new bb7 ( BRIC countries market) plus upgrades to all these phones ... you might see a slider. The Slider might be something more innovative than we have seen so far from any manufacturer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...kberry-770837/
    Who really knows. Right now it's everyone's guestimation. As far as the reasons for or against.....it's another person's opinion. BlackBerry has been known to receive patents and sit on them for awhile. I'll won't be surprised if we see one late 2014 or early 2015.
    04-08-13 11:03 AM
    I would bet any money that we will not see a slider this year, but it is something we could see in the future e.g. would somebody using a qwerty device like the q10 really have as much of a need to upgrade to a higher spec in the same way that all-touch buyers would and if not then that might free up a slot for premium qwerty and slider to alternate years for upgrades either that or bb10 eventually becomes popular enough that devices can still be profitable with only a smaller niche audience like for a slider.
    04-08-13 11:32 AM
    The Z10 is my first full touch device. Coming from a 9800, I find it awkward to use with on hand. I really miss the track pad and keyboard shortcuts. BB10 is awesome though. If a portrait slider comes out, I'm in.
    04-10-13 09:29 AM
    The 9800 had only a 3.2 inch screen yet the length was 111 mm but 148 mm fully extended. The Q10 has a 3.1 inch screen but is only 119. 6 mm long. BB wants to keep the same screen formats (768 x 1280 pixels or square) . Imagine then if BB made a Z10 slider. Most likely then with a 4.2 inch screen the length would be 167 mm long. By comparison the Samsung note is 148 mm long. The only way to make a big screen slider to work is to have a landscape keyboard like we have seen from Samsung. It seems to me that the typing experience on the Q10 ( or even the Z10) would be better than on a landscape KB model. I think the best that BB could do is to make the Q10 with a 3.5 inch screen. Not so long or wide that it's usefulness would be impaired. This Q10+ should be made before Samsung makes it.
    04-12-13 12:29 PM
    Well, if Samsung makes it, I'll check it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:31 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD