Their peak handset sales were something like 14 million handsets a quarter and it was around the time the bold 99xx phones were released. I am pretty sure.

EDIT :

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263395

That would seem to indicate the top seller was something like the bold 9700/9780/9650 and torch 9800.

So while the bold 99xx were my favorite and sold pretty well, those appear to be past the peak.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Nah I think the Curve 8520 was still outselling those devices. No actual figures but the fact that everywhere sold the Curve and it was in everyone I saw hands leads me to believe that.
    From what I remember the original Torch failed somewhat. My friend had so many issues with hers and I remember she wasn't the only one.
    I know the Curve 8520 outsold the OS6 devices though. Good times lol
    10-03-16 09:28 AM
    9900 enjoyed a production run about three years after launch. Longest run of anything I'm aware of, fwiw. Possibly the last device BB ever turned a profit on.??
    10-04-16 12:39 AM
    I'd say the launch of the 9900/9810/9850 was the last successful launch BlackBerry had. Even then though there weren't any lines or hype like the iPhones were enjoying at the time on launch day. I walked into an AT&T about fifteen minutes after they opened and was the first one to get a 9810 that day there.

That said I think the Passport and Classic were both successful to an extent. The Passport exceeded demand upon it's initial release but quickly tapered off and the Classic must have been relatively successful for John Chen to say if they could still produce the Classic they would continue to do so over a year after it's launch.
    acovey likes this.
    10-04-16 05:47 AM
    Heins also claims that Blackberry is “not in a trough”, and says that “If you look at the platform it’s still growing, if you look at the devices we’ve got a single phone that’s sold 45million units.”
    BlackBerry: other manufacturers could license our new BB10 platform - Telegraph

Any guesses on the phone?
    10-04-16 10:52 AM
    The 9700
    10-04-16 11:17 AM
    That is a "Tricky Question" because a lot depends on Marketing. Most phone manufacturer rely on the Big3 to advertise which is why I believe BlackBerry has suffered so much with sales.
    10-04-16 11:21 AM
    As a follow up, when BlackBerry did advertise, it was mainly in business publications.
    10-04-16 11:26 AM
    According to Wiki the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 with sales of 15 million units was the sales leader.
    10-04-16 12:02 PM
    Nah I think the Curve 8520 was still outselling those devices. No actual figures but the fact that everywhere sold the Curve and it was in everyone I saw hands leads me to believe that.
    From what I remember the original Torch failed somewhat. My friend had so many issues with hers and I remember she wasn't the only one.
    I know the Curve 8520 outsold the OS6 devices though. Good times lol
    Yeah the curves were probably the biggest volume movers.

10-04-16 04:53 PM
    The 9900 sold very very well. BB7 devices could have sold even more but the news coming from BlackBerry was that BlackBerry 10 was coming in "early 2012" when the Bold 9900 was launched in August 2011.

I suspect lots and lots of consumers and corporations might have put off upgrading to BB7 in the hope the BlackBerry 10 devices were just around the corner.

By the time BlackBerry 10 launched a year or more later, a lot of people had moved to other platforms.

BlackBerry 10 devices that were fairly successful was the Classic I suspect. From what I have seen in the corporate world, looks like the Classic had a fairly decent uptick in sales for a BlackBerry in 2014-2016 once the damage was done.

They still have some inventory left so it will continue to sell in decent numbers so we will see.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-04-16 05:02 PM
    The last that wasn't a failure was probably the 9900. Which was the last BBOS phone as I recall.
    10-04-16 08:14 PM
    The last that wasn't a failure was probably the 9900. Which was the last BBOS phone as I recall.

I believe the 9720 was launched about 6-9 months after. I might have the model number wrong but I do recall a BB7 device being launched after BlackBerry 10 launched. It was designed for the emerging markets and was really low cost. They may have known back then that BlackBerry 10 wasn't going to cut it in emerging markets with the Q5 and needed to try and protect marketshare as best possible.

I maybe wrong but I agree that the 9900 was a good seller for them and was a fantastic device.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 10:40 PM
    Either the 8520 or the 9900
    At BlackBerry's peak period here on the island, the 8520 was the most used BlackBerry ever

10-05-16 12:22 AM
    Didn't the Passport sell out on Amazon and Shop BB on the first day...?
    IIRC

:-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    10-05-16 12:48 AM
    No data to back that up just judging by what I've seen:

I think the BB 99 is a good guess. Back in the days I've seen quite a few in the wild business and consumerwise and I would even say to this day it's still the best phone BB has ever made. It's a shame they didn't improve on that winner. It's going to be my second phone till it dies.
    10-05-16 12:54 AM
    I believe the 9720 was launched about 6-9 months after. I might have the model number wrong but I do recall a BB7 device being launched after BlackBerry 10 launched. It was designed for the emerging markets and was really low cost. They may have known back then that BlackBerry 10 wasn't going to cut it in emerging markets with the Q5 and needed to try and protect marketshare as best possible.

I maybe wrong but I agree that the 9900 was a good seller for them and was a fantastic device.

Posted via CB10
    it was launched because BBOS was outselling BB10 everywhere still and Blackberry wasnt sure how to react.
    It wasnt just emerging markets
    10-05-16 07:59 AM
    Didn't the Passport sell out on Amazon and Shop BB on the first day...?
    IIRC

:-)

•   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   •
    Yeah but they never made many because they didnt expect it to appeal to the masses which is smart because if it would have bombed if they hadnt.
    The Z10 outsold the Passport and the Z10 comes nohwere near the BBOS heavyweights like the 9900 and 8520 (heavyweights in terms of numbers sold)
    I'm willing to bet that, if we exclude the 9900, the 8520 and the 9320 outsold every other Blackberry device combined.
    The Curve line was a financial juggernaught for Blackberry
    10-05-16 08:03 AM
    The Curve was more successful in the UK than in Canada or the USA. The Curve still sold well as late as 2012 in the UK.
    10-05-16 11:32 AM
43 12