Hey Guys,

Christmas time is coming up here and well. I'm going to be getting a cell phone as a gift from my parents. (they don't know this yet) lol... What kind of phone shall I get. I text all the time, I would love to be on Windows live messenger when away ffrom the PC, I love applications... and I love something that I'll be able to customize to my tastes...

Also, Would I want to get an Unlocked phone?
    Last edited by mcdanielnc89; 10-09-08 at 03:16 AM.
    10-09-08 03:09 AM
    You know, no one here can tell you what to get. What we like you
    may not, and no one here knows "your tastes"

Better than asking here, you got a ton of time to do some
    research on the internet and and in the retail stores.

Read up on the phones that interest you and then go to a
    retail store and test it out.

This is probably the worst possible way to get advice as it it
    will be massively skewed to the responding poster's likes and
    dislikes, and those may or may not completely comport with yours
    10-09-08 03:29 AM
    I'm really wanting to hear what you all think...
    10-09-08 04:46 AM
    Got my Curve a week ago. Love it. That's my suggestion, though Amazinglygraceless is absolutely right.
    Last edited by Un4giv3n; 10-09-08 at 05:33 AM.
    10-09-08 05:29 AM
    Amazinglygraceless hit the nail on the head. I picked up my 8330 a few days ago and love it, but that was after about three weeks of research and testing.
    Along with researching phone models look into applications you'd like to use. They may require specific hardware or a specific OS.Take your time and you'll be sure to be happy with your final choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by theaaronc; 10-09-08 at 06:24 AM.
    10-09-08 05:50 AM
    You can not choose a device until you have used each one available on your network. I highly recommend you start by sitting at the store and play with them, send messages, search the web, etc. That's why they all sit up there active, you can figure out which one fits you best!
    10-09-08 01:40 PM
    It all depends on who your network is. I have Nextel and was limited to the 7100i. The only gripe I have, well 2 actually, are that it doesn't have a camera and the double tap keyboard can be a PITA when I'm driving and texting or driving and IMing (bad Laura!!!) and have to keep looking down or have my words misspelled due to tapping the keys too many times or not enough times.

My sister has a BB through AT&T wireless and loves it. I believe she has the Pearl.

Her babysitter has a Palm Treo though Sprint.

One of my docs I work with has an Apple iPhone.

It all depends on what your tastes are. For me, the 7100i was enough for me. Plus with Nextel, I didn't have much of a choice as they only offered 1 model unless I wanted to switch to Sprint and I did not due to the Direct Connect feature not being available through Sprint.
    10-09-08 03:14 PM
    no matter which phone you choose youll love it!
    10-09-08 03:16 PM
    Well if your here you must want a blackberry and if thats true well id go with a curve you cant go wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD