04-23-14 06:47 PM
112 1234 ...
tools
    Professionally, I wish there was a secure HIPAA compliant BBM. I think they missed the boat on that one. There are a few android HIPAA compliant sms apps for Android, but none port to the Z10. If there was one, I could benefit from a quick scan of some info sent to a second pair of eyes, as well as secure texting.

Personally, I love Glympse. When my daughter returns to college and forgets to call me she arrived safe, I can still know she's home safe. Even on an iPhone.
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    04-17-14 03:15 PM
    I'm an entrepreneur, a minister of the gospel and a faith based drug abuse counsellor. I own three businesses, a meat production business, an AudioVisual production business and a building, renovation and supplies company. My Q10 is my mobile office, I hardly write anything down because most things I use are electronic between my MacBook Pro and my Q10. MS Office, Adobe, BBM, WhatsApp, DropBox, Password keeper, Evernote and various bibles are my staple apps. I can't imagine keeping everything under control without the Hub.

The Hub is the single most important thing for me in BB10, between taking orders from customers and ministering to someone's spiritual or emotional needs via BBM or WhatsApp, being able to switch from here to there with a single swipe just isn't possible with any other phone. All this still wouldn't be so efficient for me without a keyboard, I type a whole lot! My second phone is a Nexus 5, a seriously good phone, but it just can't keep up!
    Nemzy, Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    04-17-14 03:21 PM
    I'm a mobility/messaging program manager at a conglomerate.

I have BES10/BES 5/Airwatch and a few other MDM's under me

The Level 1 notification allows me to know when an important message from execs or my ops team or automated service alerts. I used this with Be buzz so I can't the right LED per contact as well.

The BlackBerry Balance keeps all our corporate documents and apps in a container and ensures they are secure.

Honestly I could write a 5 page paper on why I use a BlackBerry as opposed to other Os's at my company. Without destroying my NDA of those vendors, let's just say BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 are the only native PIM offerings.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    04-17-14 03:22 PM
    I own a company that specializes in high end residential, marine, and commercial LED lighting.As you may imagine, I have everything coming at me from every direction at once. Emails, project updates with the BB is by far the best way to communicate when pictures are involved. Ive never had it so easy when dealing with attachments on a mobile device. I've owned a iPhone and there is really no comparison. If there was I would still be using it.
    04-17-14 03:53 PM
    I'm the President of an automotive parts manufacturing company.

I love my Q10 because the calendar function is the best by far on any phone I've ever used. I have lots of people scheduling meetings with me constantly. BB10 alerts me to a meeting conflict. My Apple 5s wouldn't do that. I just accepted everything blindly and then had my secretary clean up my calendar later. Very inefficient.

I won't even go into the mail function. Everyone on here already knows how great it is.

From my awesome Q10
    04-17-14 04:08 PM
    I am a small business owner who is involved in the Auto industry. My BlackBerry z30 keeps me up to date with my emails, messaging, calendar, LinkedIn and my social apps.

I find I can't use another device that doesn't have the Hub or uses the swipe and gesturing concept. I tried to go back to my iPhone 5s, but found I wasn't as productive as I am using OS10, so I sold it and I an committed to the BlackBerry platform and I am not looking back.

The z30 gives me the extra screen space which makes it easier to read and compose emails and messages. I have converted a few folks over to BlackBerry and OS10, once I show them the device, demo the software and let them play with the device, they are sold.

I actually love my z30 and I am proud to show it off to anybody with an open mind that wants to try something new. As for the ones out there who think BlackBerry is out of business, I don't think so!!!!

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-17-14 04:28 PM
    I am a health sciences researcher and my Z10, being the communications juggernaut it is, helps me quickly communicate to my team members about various projects we are working on.

The simplicity of the hub helps keep things very organized so I can bounce from project to project without missing a beat.
    stlabrat and anon(6038817) like this.
    04-17-14 06:15 PM
    I am a Millwright, industrial mechanic in non trade speak. I use a Z30, which is amazing in an industrial setting. I use the blue tooth as well as USB OTG to communicate with my alignment and vibration equipment. Camera to sent detailed images to the shop as well as NFC to enable all the Blue tooth connections. Stream music via USB to Ford sync and blue tooth for the hands free in the truck. Being able to work with PDF documents, I have catalogs of equipment saved to my SD card. BBM coworkers, Glympse my location to my partner, video conferencing when sh�t hits the fan, and all round simple efficient work flow.

No android or iOS can do any of that as fast and easily as my Z30. Now if they could only come up with a dust proof case...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:52 PM
    I'm a physiotherapist and having the BlackBerry Z30 helps me get the information I need very quickly. Working in rural communities where cellular signals are weak, the Paratek antenna and the strong battery allow me to get through the day. The hub makes emailing very easy and fast.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    04-17-14 07:51 PM
    Caregiver for 5 patients in Michigan. It comes in very handy....especially BBM!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:18 PM
    I work in IT. The hub allows me to see incoming help desk tickets and emails more easily. I just started using BeBuzz Pro for custom LED lighting based on what messages I get.

I like using a Blackberry because it's different and efficient for work. Plus with the Android run time, it now has many apps.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-18-14 03:28 AM
    I am a writer and I have several business's including a publishing arm so I use mine to keep on top of it.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-18-14 06:25 AM
    Safety/Security Manager at a Fortune 500 company. I had the Choice between a Q10 and an iPhone 5s. Chose Blackberry, my boss shot it down, made me get the iPhone. Bought the Q10 as my personal device, which I now use as my work device. All business calls forwarded from iphone to Q10. Handles emails like a beast (200 business emails on average/day). Outlook calendar to stay up on meetings. Excel, Word, etc....definitely better for a power email user and straight up communication device.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:20 AM
    I'm a Project Manager for a disaster recovery/property restoration company. A big portion of my job involves communication - talking on the phone, email, messaging. For those things, the company issued 9900 is a beast.
    04-18-14 09:07 AM
    Contractor / business owner. Pretty much everything previous poster listed. I had a gs3 and iPhone 4s for short periods and wow, couldn't even consider managing all the different types of files and organization tasks that my zed handles. Btw, I convert cad files to either jpeg or pdf so I can have them viewable on my zed, but a cad viewer would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    I use the android app "edrawings " to view my Solidworks cad files and it works well.

Posted via CB10
    bblasl likes this.
    04-18-14 09:16 AM
    I'm a freelance Change Manager (eg Portfolio/Programme/Project Manager)

Why do I use a BlackBerry?
    • many of my clients are government/regulated so the only phones that are allowed to access their corporate email are BlackBerry (so if I didn't have my own BlackBerry would have to carry two phones)
    • I prefer a QWERTY keyboard (and the Q10 keyboard is very good)
    • BlackBerry Bridge so I can open attachments on my PlayBook (eg word, excel, pdf, pictures)
    • Wi-Fi Calling - this functionality saves me a fortune when I travel and gives me phone access when I am somewhere remote (unfortunately this functionality is apparently still not out there as standard on 10.2.1..... but was extremely useful on my Bold 9900/9700.... EE-UK still state that they are waiting for BlackBerry to provide this functionality)
    • Hub Integration is really useful
    • Calendar Integration is really useful

Still hoping that all of the functionality that was on my old Bold 9700/9900 gets ported across to the Q10........ and would love a Skype client that doesn't eat the battery so much!
    rotorwrench and stlabrat like this.
    04-18-14 10:45 AM
    I work in travel in the Corporate Sales.

Can't do without my Q10. All my personal and work emails are synced to it...apart from the important social networking apps which keep me connected. It is truly a SuperHuman device. Can't quite think of another phone.

Blackberry since 2008...Blackberry for Life!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    04-18-14 10:53 AM
    Interesting how many PM's (Project/Programme Managers and similar) have BlackBerry phones - we are certainly people who 'get things done' (or we wouldn't get employed again!)
    04-18-14 10:58 AM
    Engineering Student and Mobile application developer

With my Q10 I'm connecting with my university email and using the Priority a lot to decide which message should read first

I love BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and theRock1975 like this.
    04-18-14 11:20 AM
    I am a transportation supervisor at a school. I may not make as many calls or
    text as others but when I do they are important and usually time sensitive to the
    people I am contacting. I also get a lot of emails.

I choose the q10 for the keyboard and the hub. It turned out to be so much more.
    I previously had an android. Many my texting and calls are to inform me of students
    bus ride changes at pickup or dismissal time. Sometimes calls are to find missing
    students and are very time sensitive. Luckily they are never lost just not in the place
    they were expected to be.

Trying to navigate or type on a virtual keyboard very quickly with larger
    fingers or the many steps needed to open a change list in an excel spreadsheet
    attachment in an email with an Android is a exorcise or frustration.
    With the q10's hub, keyboard and the multitasking it is the only phone I want.
    The other brands are gaming pads.

On days with bad weather when I need to watch the weather radar and we call an
    early dismissal with lots of scheduling changes and lots of people to contact
    quickly my Black Berry is the phone I need.
    Blacklatino and anon(6038817) like this.
    04-18-14 11:53 AM
    Environmental Investigator, Emergency Response Coordinator- 27 years, Martial Arts Practitioner/Instructor 38/25 yrs, Zumba Fitness Instructor - 5 yrs, Nutritional Advisor 11 years. I have everything from events from Hurricane, Tornadoes, Chemical spills, class schedules or for private students(contacts), my playlist for Zumba Fitness events to raise money(Cancer/Autism/Heart Disease/Diabetes, etc..), client list and working with those on weight loss. So, while I currently don't take any photos (still on 10.3 leak), my Z10 gets a full workout - everyday. Totally appreciate my extended battery. I'll probably move all my music over to my Q10.
    04-18-14 12:07 PM
    Work account, easy sharing, backup option, fast browser etc

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:11 PM
    I'm in public sector management. The email capabilities of this phone alone keep me loyal to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:11 PM
    Contractor / business owner. Pretty much everything previous poster listed. I had a gs3 and iPhone 4s for short periods and wow, couldn't even consider managing all the different types of files and organization tasks that my zed handles. Btw, I convert cad files to either jpeg or pdf so I can have them viewable on my zed, but a cad viewer would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    Get the android cad viewer through amazon, snap or mobile1. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:14 PM
    This is how awesome and capable my z30 is.....I use my computer once per week. I own and manage a company with 45 employees. We now all use z10 or z30 devices with a few Q10. The iphones and Samsung units that's were BYOD are all traded up to the new BB10 devices. Once those employees saw side by side what the BB10 devices could do, they wanted the best also. I now have a Netgear miracast unit set up to the big screen at home and in board room.....awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:19 PM
112 1234 ...