Why would anyone think that Samsung (or any other major phone manufacturer) would want to copy the Passport? Are Passport lovers that blinded to the fact that they are a very very small minority? Just enjoy your Passport and be happy that you like it. Most people don't want it or like it.
    Witmen and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-30-14 03:40 PM
    If BB can't sell physical KB phones, why would Samsung waste time trying?
    09-30-14 03:43 PM
    Nor would they go backwards .... Your keyboards are safe

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Backwards? Samsung will copy whatever it is that sells. If that means a keyboard device like the Passport to go along with Knox, their adorable attempt at security, I wouldn't put it past Samsung to try and do something similar.
    09-30-14 03:44 PM
    If BB can't sell physical KB phones, why would Samsung waste time trying?
    Exactly. People (in general) just don't want physical keyboards anymore. Yes, I know that there are still some diehards out there but it is a dying breed. Especially with such great glass keyboards as BlackBerry Z30.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    09-30-14 03:46 PM
    Passport is putting most BlackBerry uninformed critics to shame. Sales figure is really impressive. Sammy isn't smiling, their R&D are keenly watching the recent development. Don't be surprised to see the release of a squared phone named Samsung Galaxy Passport 1 in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    How do you figure that Samsung *isn't smiling"? Other Android devices (LG/Sony) have already done the same before the BB Passport. And it's not like Samsung lost anything to them.

Despite what many here would like to believe... BBRY is not the first to run this route.

Penned via Tapatalk
    shaleem and Witmen like this.
    09-30-14 03:49 PM
    Backwards? Samsung will copy whatever it is that sells. If that means a keyboard device like the Passport to go along with Knox, their adorable attempt at security, I wouldn't put it past Samsung to try and do something similar.
    Sammy and the apple tree are so far gone past keyboards and focused on their devices, I doubt BB's 200,000 devices they sold are even on their topic boards. Basically the people who bought the device already had a old keyboard device already and are simply updating ..... They weren't losing any customers or sleep over it.

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    lift likes this.
    09-30-14 03:52 PM
    Passport is putting most BlackBerry uninformed critics to shame. Sales figure is really impressive. Sammy isn't smiling, their R&D are keenly watching the recent development. Don't be surprised to see the release of a squared phone named Samsung Galaxy Passport 1 in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    You can't be serious. I'm as big a fan of BlackBerry as there is, but I hardly think Samsung is wringing its hands with worry.
    lift and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-30-14 03:52 PM
    Samsung's got so much riding on hitting their numbers... they are expected to sell millions of handsets and they've got to subsidize the heck out of them so they are buy 1 get 1 free or get 2 phones free kind of thing to get them out there. Every Galaxy S4 or S5 seems to launch with one of these deals and I never understand it.
    09-30-14 04:09 PM
    Tin foil hats! Get your tin foil hats here!

Honestly, imitation is the best form of flattery and talking crap about something is the best indication of jealousy.

Just use your damn devices and have fun. Don't worry about what other manufacturers do. Oi.
    pankaler likes this.
    09-30-14 04:24 PM
    So like this Samsung note variation in this picture. 2 of them don't look so 16:9 to me

I can't figure out why the picture won't upload from the app, so here's the link

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil...4/1378326.html

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:05 PM
    Tin foil hats! Get your tin foil hats here!

Honestly, imitation is the best form of flattery and talking crap about something is the best indication of jealousy.

Just use your damn devices and have fun. Don't worry about what other manufacturers do. Oi.
    Geez......wrong side of the bed again this morning! An Apple a day....

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:45 PM
    They've already copied many features of Nokia meego harmattan, which bb10 was based on. It wouldn't be far fetched to see samsung steal some features from the passport.

Posted via CB10
    What's the difference between "based on" and "stolen". All I can figure out is BB borrows designs or bases their phone off others, while everyone else copies and steals things.
    Witmen likes this.
    09-30-14 07:49 PM
    Another question is "What if Samsung copies the PlayBook?
    09-30-14 07:54 PM
    If Samsung was interested in making a large, squarish phone, wouldn't they have copied the LG Intuition long before BlackBerry got around to doing it?
    09-30-14 07:59 PM
    What's the difference between "based on" and "stolen". All I can figure out is BB borrows designs or bases their phone off others, while everyone else copies and steals things.
    BlackBerry 10 is " based on" MeeGo Harmattan the same way the PlayBook OS was "based on" WebOS. In both cases, BlackBerry saw what they believed to be a dead platform and then stole from it.
    09-30-14 08:06 PM
    It is a given that Samsung will copy any manufacturer if their products have sales potential. If Passport achieves 7 to 10 million units in sales in the first quarter, then it will receive that honor.
    09-30-14 08:08 PM
    Or should they be copying LG VU?

STL100-1 / 10.3.0.1154
    09-30-14 08:09 PM
    I think it is possible. It comes down to ego and self entitlement. They think they can do it better and they have the resources to do so, without to much worry.
    09-30-14 08:28 PM
    What if Samsung copies Passport?-img_20140930_174528.png

Like this square looking phone from samsung??

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140930_174528.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	302005

Like this square looking phone from samsung??

Posted via CB10
    Wow, they have one out already?!
    09-30-14 09:16 PM
    You never know. Maybe blackberry will copy samsung.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:16 PM
    Wow, they have one out already?!
    I couldn't find it on their north American site.. I haven't had a chance to check Asian sites. I randomly stumbled upon it trying to find passport release date in Hong Kong

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:27 PM
    I don't think 200k passports have them quite as concerned as the millions of iphones what we're sold this month

Posted via CB10
    I know, and apple is worried about the new leap pad second generation outselling them, the toy market is crazy!!!!! Lol
    09-30-14 09:41 PM
    So like this Samsung note variation in this picture. 2 of them don't look so 16:9 to me
    Let's see how well the square Galaxy Note Edge sells. Oh, by the way, it doesn't have a physical keyboard. Because very few people want them.
    09-30-14 09:43 PM
    Not a photographer but that pic has messed up perspective it makes the white Note4 and Note Edge look square when clearly they are not.

What if Samsung copies Passport?-miqowzi.jpg
    CDM76 and lift like this.
    09-30-14 09:53 PM
59 123