Recently I bought a Pebble Smart Watch, notifications work well with Talk2Watch but you don't get the full experience without the Pebble App. So I had a thought. Actually, 2 thoughts. One is that with all the hot smart watches out there such as the Galaxy Gear, Android Wear and Sony Smartwatch, that have full color touch screens the Pebble's days are numbered. The only thing Pebble had going for it was the fact that iPhone users didn't have any other options. With the release of the Apple Watch that changes everything. Pebble should really consider creating an app and making their watch compatible with BlackBerry and Windows, as an immediate remedy, it will open up a whole new market for them of consumers who's phones don't have wearable to choose from. But in the long run they will need to being their product up to speed. In come my second thought: What if Pebble and BlackBerry entered a partnership. BlackBerry needs an experienced smart watch manufacturer and Pebble needs a new OS to run the Pebble's of the future and BlackBerry has just the thing for them, QNX! In exchange Pebble could design a smart watch for BlackBerry. One exclusive to BlackBerry. And also update their watches using QNX. It wouldn't prevent them from having a cross-platform watch, right? Techies please chime in, I mean if we can run Android apps on BlackBerry 10 then why couldn't Android use a smart watch running QNX? And BlackBerry could still have that exclusive smart watch designed for BlackBerry only. I even thought of a name for it, the "Smart Berry Watch". I'm copying and pasting this to the Forums for more input, but please share your opinions. Anyone think this would be a good idea or am I just NUTS!?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:28 PM
    I think if Pebble wants to support BB10, or any other company for that matter then I'm all for it.

For Blackberry as a company, not so sure they need the distraction. Their focus right now is Enterprise, any consumer handset sale is a bonus.

Since Apple is clearly paving the way by marketing its watch at consumers / fitness fanatics / athletes etc, not sure Blackberry has anything up its 'sleeve' or nearby to offer anything to the enterprise customers via a watch.

Apple and Samsung are doing well selling:
    1) Phones
    2) Tablets
    3) Watches = go on lets see what happens

Blackberry are not doing so well selling:
    1) Phones are barely enough to nudge Windows nevermind the Big Apple/Android duo
    2) Tablets = Epic failure
    3) Watches, lets sell phones first
    GEO1ER likes this.
    09-12-14 02:18 PM
    I hope that BlackBerry and Pebble are talking. They both get something out of the relationship.

It would be nice if Pebble just decided to support BB10 on their own (and maybe they actually are planning that), but I see a more likely scenario along the lines of BlackBerry developing their own support for Pebble and baking it into BB10.
    09-12-14 02:23 PM
    I think if Pebble wants to support BB10, or any other company for that matter then I'm all for it.

For Blackberry as a company, not so sure they need the distraction. Their focus right now is Enterprise, any consumer handset sale is a bonus.

Since Apple is clearly paving the way by marketing its watch at consumers / fitness fanatics / athletes etc, not sure Blackberry has anything up its 'sleeve' or nearby to offer anything to the enterprise customers via a watch.

Apple and Samsung are doing well selling:
    1) Phones
    2) Tablets
    3) Watches = go on lets see what happens

Blackberry are not doing so well selling:
    1) Phones are barely enough to nudge Windows nevermind the Big Apple/Android duo
    2) Tablets = Epic failure
    3) Watches, lets sell phones first
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 04:20 PM
    I hope that BlackBerry and Pebble are talking. They both get something out of the relationship.

It would be nice if Pebble just decided to support BB10 on their own (and maybe they actually are planning that), but I see a more likely scenario along the lines of BlackBerry developing their own support for Pebble and baking it into BB10.
    I think Pebble will have to support BlackBerry and Windows phone. I love my Pebble but no one in their right mind is going to pay $300 for a Pebble Steel when they can have a Galaxy Gear or Ape phone or even Android Wear for a little over $300. Pebble will probably have to drop prices and look in to new markets. Well there's a lot of BlackBerry and Windows users who love to have a smart watch and until BlackBerry and Windows develop their own wearable the one to get the job done would be Pebble.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 04:23 PM
    THIS HAS TO HAPPEN ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 04:25 PM
    Well the difference between the pebble and other smartwatches is that the black and white e-ink screen lasts one week on a charge, while the colorful lcd of the apple watch lasts barely a day

Battery life is the biggest selling point

Posted via Z10
    09-12-14 06:45 PM
    Yeah next thing I know my daughter is bugging me for my watch lol!! No thanks.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-12-14 07:27 PM
    Well the difference between the pebble and other smartwatches is that the black and white e-ink screen lasts one week on a charge, while the colorful lcd of the apple watch lasts barely a day

Battery life is the biggest selling point

Posted via Z10
    Listen I hear you. But that argument didn't work for BlackBerry legacy phones when iPhone arrived on the scene. Most people like colorful, bright, pretty, flashy, things. It's inevitable that Pebble will have to seek new markets while it upgrades to a new OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:28 PM
    Yeah next thing I know my daughter is bugging me for my watch lol!! No thanks.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Just say no bud! Just say no! Hey that's what I tell my daughter when she asks for things I'm not buying her. And hey no one's boating about a phone we're talking wearables here. But I do love my BlackBerry Z10! LOL!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:33 PM
    BlackBerry can't just focus on enterprise.

The phone has to be useful outside business.

Lack of gadget support is what will kill BlackBerry eventually.

There are so many gadgets out there that you can use with your phone and you only see ios and android support in them.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-13-14 11:57 AM
    BlackBerry can't just focus on enterprise.

The phone has to be useful outside business.

Lack of gadget support is what will kill BlackBerry eventually.

There are so many gadgets out there that you can use with your phone and you only see ios and android support in them.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you 100% I think it's great BlackBerry is focusing on enterprise but if they want to succeed they need too please the masses.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 11:05 PM