I have my 1rst Blackberry & must admit it has been very good in some ways & pretty crappy in a lot of other ways. I just wanted to ask all you Blackberry fans a simple question, not trying to start a flamethrowing part but just to seriously ask.... if Blackberry were just now invented, just came out at same time all these other new phones are coming out like the droid, Iphone, pre & so many others, how many of you would choose the Blackberry?
    10-19-09 09:20 PM
    honestly i would choose the blackberry although all these new phones would be the most "advanced" its not personal preference. The iphone is technically a better phone and everything should be better but just some people cant get used to the keyboard and stuff. but i would at first choose probably an iphone and then eventually switch to blackberry
    10-19-09 09:24 PM
    Well, part of why Blackberry is so popular is because of it's long standing solidarity and security. If it was just coming out now, it might not have that. And, I can't help but think that Blackberry set the stage for these other phones to come out--so they probably wouldn't be as great without Blackberry's help
    10-19-09 09:27 PM
    Well, part of why Blackberry is so popular is because of it's long standing solidarity and security. If it was just coming out now, it might not have that. And, I can't help but think that Blackberry set the stage for these other phones to come out--so they probably wouldn't be as great without Blackberry's help
    great points
    10-19-09 09:29 PM
    Me. No I absolutely would not.

While my BB serves me well if it were new to the market in the
    face of the current competition I'd not give it a second glance.

For work I use a Nokia E71x and it really is an amazing device
    that feature for feature blow every BB out of the water.

...and dont even get me started on the difference between the
    iPhone 3GS 32gb that I just acquired.

Bottom line RIM rests on it's push email and security laurels
    while everyone else innovates. Shameful really, because they
    certainly have the know how to do better.
    10-19-09 09:54 PM
    I love my blackberry, I really do. I have some frustrations with it though. Weak browser. Sluggish facebook application. boring OS.

But what I do love? How easily connected I am to everything - via email, sms, bbm, gtalk, aim, twitter, etc.

Since essentially, staying in touch is what's important to me, I would probably choose a blackberry again (primarily because bbm lets me talk to friends abroad without extra fees), but not without looking long and hard over its competitors.

Amazinglygraceless hit the nail on the head - RIM relies on push email and security to sell their phones while everyone else is moving on up. Time to step up, RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:51 PM
    I don't know. I really love my BB, but I've liked the BB style for several years. No idea why, just always been attracted to it.

The only other phone I find really interesting are the Android models. They seem really cool and for the most part, ppl seem happy with them so far.
    10-19-09 11:10 PM
    I'd probably still get the BB, but the Android would get VERY serious consideration.
    10-19-09 11:37 PM
    Good question. Similar to 'what if Windows was just invented today?'.
    10-20-09 12:11 AM
    Good question OP.
    Right now, I'd not even consider the iphone. But if it were on verizon & came out with a keypad model, I might look at it.
    These Androids seem pretty interesting, but I don't know enough about them to say I'd choose one.
    I love the instant access my BB gives me, I love the useful & productive apps that I have, I even love the styling of the phones & the user interface is fine with me. What I don't love is that out of 5 OS's I have tried so far, every single one had some sort of majorly handicapping glitch. If I could get a stable OS that didn't screw up some functionality of my phone I'd be incredibly happy w/ Blackberry. If I found out another phone had all these things, plus the security of BB, and a stable OS, I'd consider it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD