So, hypothetically, they trot out and say:

'Yep, sales of BB10 haven't been as high as we had hoped BUT we had a plan B and we've made the correct cost cutting measures and actually we made a profit in Q2.

10.2 is rolling out, as is the Z30 and BB10 is still very much alive and kicking with exciting things to follow. We anticipate further profits in Q3 and Q4. Small profits, admittedly, but we're turning a big ship around here so our focus is on profitability in the short term whilst locking down our secure base and then looking to expand from there'.

What would we all do then???

I get the feeling some people on here would be left in total limbo and may explode...
    09-08-13 05:04 PM
    That would be awesome. Amazing. Doubt it will happen but it would sure be nice

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    h20work, robkd and kooj24 like this.
    09-08-13 05:05 PM
    I'd wake up.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-08-13 05:06 PM
    Well personally I'd have a huge smile on my face
    bhrgvr likes this.
    I wouldn't be shocked, the 9720 is allegedly selling great in other countries.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...01/index9.html

even if they make 1 cent, that would be a start.
    Now wouldn't that be a surprise? I'm not holding my breath but I would love to see it.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:10 PM
    I honestly don't think it will matter, especially if the majority of the profit isn't coming from BB10 device sales.
    09-08-13 05:11 PM
    OK so "sales weren't as high as we hoped, BlackBerry 10 still is not gaining traction but, by cost cutting and most notably firing 5,350 employees we were able to turn a profit" is the pitch?
    That's the strategy for impressing the market, shareholders, and buying public? Alright, go with that
    09-08-13 05:12 PM
    I honestly don't think it will matter, especially if the majority of the profit isn't coming from BB10 device sales.
    I disagree....it would mean they will buy time to improve and market bb10 while growing the platform and ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:13 PM
    That would be very good news indeed. Sadly I don't think we will see that. Honestly, I think this report will leave us with more unanswered questions about Blackberry's future, rather than answering the ones we already have.
    kbz1960 and m1a1mg like this.
    09-08-13 05:14 PM
    So, hypothetically, they trot out and say:

'Yep, sales of BB10 haven't been as high as we had hoped BUT we had a plan B and we've made the correct cost cutting measures and actually we made a profit in Q2.

10.2 is rolling out, as is the Z30 and BB10 is still very much alive and kicking with exciting things to follow. We anticipate further profits in Q3 and Q4. Small profits, admittedly, but we're turning a big ship around here so our focus is on profitability in the short term whilst locking down our secure base and then looking to expand from there'.

What would we all do then???

I get the feeling some people on here would be left in total limbo and may explode...
    Well personally I'd have a huge smile on my face
    And then, if, just what if mind, Kris was right and they say 'Oh, and by the way, 10.2 doesn't just come with Viber but also Instagram...'!
    bombastic, RazzBerry and kooj24 like this.
    09-08-13 05:15 PM
    All the best BB!!!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-08-13 05:15 PM
    And then, if, just what if mind, Kris was right and they say 'Oh, and by the way, 10.2 doesn't just come with Viber but also Instagram...'!
    I would be so happy, I would do my "I won the lotto" happy dance. That is the one thing I miss on my Blackberry.
    09-08-13 05:17 PM
    I disagree....it would mean they will buy time to improve and market bb10 while growing the platform and ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure the market said "to hell with BB10" (so far). It doesn't have all the apps, it doesn't have any devices that are appealing to the masses, and it doesn't have the killer feature many users around the world utilized (no BIS).

The platform needs users to make the ecosystem grow. Developers wont make apps for ghosts. BlackBerry has released 3 BB10 devices.

There is no more time to buy. Game time started over a year ago. How many more "delay of games" do you think the market will tolerate?
    09-08-13 05:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure the market said "to hell with BB10" (so far). It doesn't have all the apps, it doesn't have any devices that are appealing to the masses, and it doesn't have the killer feature many users around the world utilized (no BIS).

The platform needs users to make the ecosystem grow. Developers wont make apps for ghosts. BlackBerry has released 3 BB10 devices.

There is no more time to buy. Game time started over a year ago. How many more "delay of games" do you think the market will tolerate?
    Thanks for that, but what if they made a profit??
    northernrds and bradu1 like this.
    09-08-13 05:22 PM

Funny because I see new apps being added everyday. And like I said, with time, they can market bb10 properly and expand on it which if done right, will lead to sales. In turn, this will lead to the apps you speak of.
    As far as delays, besides the initial delay, I haven't seen any since. Maybe in the states but there are many factors contributing to that and to solely blame blackberry is naive.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-08-13 05:24 PM
    I think if even if they someone how make a profit it will still come down to how bb10 is doing. If they still arent selling that many BB10 devices that will be the overall takeaway IMO. And given the talk of speeding up the sale and such I just dont see it happening.
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    09-08-13 05:26 PM
    That is sort of the wrong question? How they make the profit matters.

If their profits come from cost cutting, layoffs or as was the case last quarter, balance sheet manipulation and "one-off" tax breaks as opposed to device sales and increasing market share it will not matter and they will still be in the same if not worse position than they are currently.
    TgeekB, MazoMark, mjdimer and 2 others like this.
    09-08-13 05:26 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:27 PM
    I just said in my first post that I don't think it would matter.
    09-08-13 05:30 PM
    Funny because I see new apps being added everyday.
    Major apps that users from iOS and Android crave. Not ports, and not sideloaded. Official BB10 apps.

I'm not talking "Mom and Pop" apps...

And like I said, with time, they can market bb10 properly and expand on it which if done right, will lead to sales. In turn, this will lead to the apps you speak of.
    BlackBerry has had YEARS. They failed with the Storm series. Now they are failing with BB10. They even had a developer program t get these devs on board before BB10 released.

RIM/BlackBerry has never been able to market correctly. What makes you think that will happen now? Especially if they keep the same staff.

As far as delays, besides the initial delay, I haven't seen any since. Maybe in the states but there are many factors contributing to that and to solely blame blackberry is naive.
    I didn't solely blame them. But unfortunately, it is their device, with their branding and when people see it it is all on them. No matter how long VZW, ATT and Tmobile took to test it, It's a BlackBerry. Not a Verizon Z10.
    richardat and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-08-13 05:35 PM
    I expect not to meet expectations.
    09-08-13 05:40 PM
    So what you are saying is them making a profit as the hypothetical question asked would have zero bearing on the company? Absolutely none?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:40 PM
    I think if even if they someone how make a profit it will still come down to how bb10 is doing. If they still arent selling that many BB10 devices that will be the overall takeaway IMO. And given the talk of speeding up the sale and such I just dont see it happening.
    But what if they've made a profit FOR THAT VERY REASON?

What if they've raised the thought of a sale because BB is profitable right now and they think it's the best time to go for it?

Interesting questions!
    09-08-13 05:46 PM
    So what you are saying is them making a profit as the hypothetical question asked would have zero bearing on the company? Absolutely none?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Now that would be madness....!
    09-08-13 05:47 PM
172 123 ...