I was inspired this morning (as my 45 min commute took 3 hours):
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    10-13-11 11:32 AM
    Dude looks sad. I feel like the stress is getting to him.
    10-13-11 01:31 PM
    That was one very tired individual.
    10-13-11 03:42 PM
    Looks like he's been hitting the bottle. Hard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 09:27 PM
    Looks like he's been hitting the bottle. Hard.
    It's more like lack of sleep from managing the restoration of service.
    10-13-11 09:30 PM
    I honestly don't think 99% of us realize the stress that Guy goes through on the daily, especially when unexpected situations arise.

10-13-11 10:07 PM
    His user base has been leaving in droves to better platforms, his tablet is a flop, they need to build an entirely new OS that's competitive with iOS and android asap, they've burned through half of their cash reserves in a single quarter - $1.4B, they've had to layoff thousands of employees, executives are leaving left and right for the competition, their stock is almost completely in the toilet, shareholders are readying their pitchforks and torches, and now he's got to make an on camera apology for their ****-poor network infrastructure that just so happened to cause millions of remaining blackberry users worldwide to go without data sevices for days. Yep gotta suck to be in his shoes right now.
    10-13-11 10:18 PM
    as i watched this video, all i could think of is "i feel like he is FOS and doing this because just because...wait is he reading from a script?!"
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    10-14-11 12:23 AM
    He was reading from a script. Hopefully, Mike and Jim will never be allowed to ad lib ever again.

PR-wise they are a disaster.
    10-14-11 01:19 AM
    Even if he was reading from a script, I really think he was sincere and meant what he said.
    Dapper37 and Ammunet91 like this.
    10-14-11 02:10 AM
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-14-11 at 05:32 AM.
    10-14-11 05:13 AM
    While I like the idea of a video from an executive, it just came off as douchebaggery to me. Maybe it's because those two guys can't do anything right with the company, I dunno. It might also be all the arrogance they've had for so long thinking Android and iPhone were fads. I'm sure the majority of his stress was bad timing. Apple's releases a new phone/OS once a year and they had a major outage the same week, talk about bad luck.

Joe
    10-14-11 07:47 PM
    His user base has been leaving in droves to better platforms, his tablet is a flop, they need to build an entirely new OS that's competitive with iOS and android asap, they've burned through half of their cash reserves in a single quarter - $1.4B, they've had to layoff thousands of employees, executives are leaving left and right for the competition, their stock is almost completely in the toilet, shareholders are readying their pitchforks and torches, and now he's got to make an on camera apology for their ****-poor network infrastructure that just so happened to cause millions of remaining blackberry users worldwide to go without data sevices for days. Yep gotta suck to be in his shoes right now.
    WTF do you think QNX is? You think they are going to abandon it and go to something else? Give it a little more time, it's the idiots at the helm that are holding it back.
    10-14-11 08:52 PM
    WTF do you think QNX is? You think they are going to abandon it and go to something else? Give it a little more time, it's the idiots at the helm that are holding it back.
    I think he's more or less referring to QNX as the new OS that they need to get ready for phones.
    10-14-11 08:59 PM
    I think he's more or less referring to QNX as the new OS that they need to get ready for phones.
    When he says "they need to build an entirely new OS? Maybe he doesn't know anything or has heard about QNX?
    10-14-11 09:07 PM
    That guy is the founder of RIM...Humiliating. His voice drops so low at the end, one can barely make out his last "thank you". What a wet sponge. Time to refresh his model #. Fuxsakes
    10-14-11 09:23 PM
    sadly this turned into another baby post! Most of the little babies here have no idea of how things work in the real world. if they don't get what they want today its just not good enough. (mommy must have gave them everything)
    We are on the verge of the fruit of all the labour RIM has put in for a long time. I have full faith that I will aprove of the advances we will see at Devcon, I cant wait. I am also sure it will not be enough for all the little babies that come here to fill some hole in their lives.
    As for the CEO video, Todays media demands it to feed the baby nations they have cultivated.
    10-14-11 09:24 PM
    Or you could just round up everyone and toss them into two categories, people who think like you do and people who are babies. Personally I believe the customers demanded the video or it would have never materialized. At least that's what I would call them, "Customers". Customers do have a right to an opinion right? Or should we go one step further and divide them into "Babies" and "Customers"?

Personally, I like the RIM products. But I would rather see people leading the team who are personally driven to improve RIM and make RIM a stronger and more successful company instead of having them struggle for a piece of the pie. Letting guys who enable or cause problems is not ok because they did amazing things in the past.

I see only a couple of reasons RIM cannot compete with Apple and Android toe-to-toe. You?

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-14-11 at 09:59 PM.
    10-14-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD