I don't care if Blackberry continues to make phones although the DTEK50 is a step in the right direction. When it drops to �200 I will bite. But, what I really want is Blackberry to become a software provider so I can buy any phone off the shelf and load BB Android software onto it. This is what they have done just bought an off the shelf handset and loaded their software onto it. I'd like to have the choice myself. How feasible is this? We can do it for computers, why not for phones? I'd happily pay �50 for a licence and then load it onto a phone of my choice, they could bill me some extra money each year for updates and I'd be really happy.
    07-31-16 05:49 AM
    Agree.
    07-31-16 05:54 AM
    There are some certain security elements in the hardware.. But yes I guess they can license a secure BB Android to other manufactures so they can load them up on whatever phones they want.. But that has to be done by the company itself as BB's Android is not root-able.. So no messing for the average user.. You won't get the ability to download and flash the OS yourself.

A Secure S7 by Sammy that gets released with BB's Android and all the Security features and Apps like DTEK & Hub would be great.. Other phones too of course, you get the idea.
    07-31-16 05:57 AM
    Why would you want Blackberry Android versus either the latest Google Android or the Android that has been customized to match the specific device features? The way you are wanting it leaves you stuck with the most generic smartphone features or waiting for BlackBerry to "harden" a version of the OS (as if that were really a thing).
    07-31-16 06:03 AM
    I don't care if Blackberry continues to make phones although the DTEK50 is a step in the right direction. When it drops to �200 I will bite. But, what I really want is Blackberry to become a software provider so I can buy any phone off the shelf and load BB Android software onto it. This is what they have done just bought an off the shelf handset and loaded their software onto it. I'd like to have the choice myself. How feasible is this? We can do it for computers, why not for phones? I'd happily pay �50 for a licence and then load it onto a phone of my choice, they could bill me some extra money each year for updates and I'd be really happy.
    They kind of already done that with the DTEK seeing how it's exactly the same device design as the Idol 3 or 4. All they did was add some of their hardware to them to make them secured. I feel they can do the same for a S7 or LG phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-31-16 06:04 AM
    BlackBerry to "harden" a version of the OS (as if that were really a thing).
    No No Its not really a thing.. Its a gimmick.. Some BS feature to sell phones.. Its not hardened or anything.. There is no such thing as secure or hardened OS.. Just like they bulletproof a car, if you shoot at it, Bullets will go right through it.. All the way in, through various body parts.. Leaving the human being with holes all over the place and then liquids would come out in a very cartoonish way..

The latest Google android? So BB's Android is not the latest? MM is the latest, Its found everywhere.. Also BB's android is near vanilla.. NO harmful Bloatware, only useful security & productivity apps.. Its one of the best you can find out there in my opinion, after Nexus of course.. So BB's Android is a good one to have.
    07-31-16 06:15 AM
    The Hub, and the extra security features but the Hub is the app I can't live without. The idea of going from app to app to check things is stupid.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    07-31-16 09:11 AM
    Keyboard, I guess..

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 03:45 PM