Hub is not every thing

In windows phone people is also great function like hub with maximum features

BHiNDER
    03-11-14 04:00 AM
    All of this is BlackBerry's job. Make consumers aware that Bb10 exists.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 04:56 AM
    Haven't your mom told you not to bring the phone or play with it while at the table OP??

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:10 AM
    I am not one to bring my phone to the table at a restaurant etc. as I feel it can be rude to ignore the others and click and flick on the phone but yesterday I broke my rule. I was sitting with the boys after hockey and had my Z30 sitting on the table.

Anyways one of the guys must have seen the BlackBerry on the front and asked if it was the Z10. Keep in mind I live in Canada and I assumed we weren't as mislead by the media regarding BlackBerry as for instance the US. But not only did they think BlackBerry was being sold or going out of business, they didn't even know the Z30 existed. It blew my mind! To me this is the best phone on the market for a number of reasons yet they have never heard of it.

He asked me why is it so big. I felt like saying "that what she...." oh nevermind. But I did feel like saying so it doesn't suck! I explained I like it mostly for video and readability.

I explained to them how after using BB10 I absolutely hate using the home button on my iPad, a total pain the ***. I quickly demonstrated the Hub and how I can access it from within any app in a couple of quick gestures. I showed the text prediction and swiping and they were impressed as well. I think some of the iPhone users love some of the iOS 7 new features like quick settings so I explained how BB10 has had it since the inception, including apps running in background as well.

Then of course came but they have no apps right? I said oh you mean like how apple and android have so many, they agreed. I kind of led them down the path and got to explain how you can download android apps directly and showed them my last screen which I have all android apps on (Snapchat, Netflix, instagram, etc.) Personally I don't use them because to access them they asked for everything except my SIN, mother maiden's name and the kitchen sink. I guess I should be happy they didnt ask for my soul as well.

Needless to say the guys seemed surprised and impressed with the brief intro to BB10. I think its time I got a little more Bold (pun intended) and start bringing my BB10 devices to the table..... time to spread the word, someone has to.

What misconceptions do you still see out there?
    I have done the same thing and I continue to preach the brand here in the USA. People are amazed to see the z30 and as you stated, they thought Blackberry is out of business. Most folks I have showed the device to have been very open minded and show a true interest in the product.

The problem is when they go into a carrier here and ask about buying a Blackberry product, they are told Blackberry!!! nobody wants them anymore, they are going out of business, we had so many z10 returns and so on!!!! How can you expect to sell a product that has no advertising, no support from either Blackberry and/or the carriers here in the USA?

All that promotional crap at those product trade shows and expositions means nothing and has no effect on the current situation here, we need promotion and support here in the USA and someone to at least acknowledge the brand is alive here and so far I have seen nothing.
    03-11-14 06:40 AM
    I have done the same thing and I continue to preach the brand here in the USA. People are amazed to see the z30 and as you stated, they thought Blackberry is out of business. Most folks I have showed the device to have been very open minded and show a true interest in the product.

The problem is when they go into a carrier here and ask about buying a Blackberry product, they are told Blackberry!!! nobody wants them anymore, they are going out of business, we had so many z10 returns and so on!!!! How can you expect to sell a product that has no advertising, no support from either Blackberry and/or the carriers here in the USA?

All that promotional crap at those product trade shows and expositions means nothing and has no effect on the current situation here, we need promotion and support here in the USA and someone to at least acknowledge the brand is alive here and so far I have seen nothing.
    More people need to be aware of the new (BB10) BlackBerry experience. I had a Bold 9900 and loved it, but the browser wasn't ideal and phone would shut off on its own all the time. When I first had the touch screen in the 9900 I loved it.

So if someone is going from an older model BlackBerry without a touch screen to any touch screen smartphone they are likely going to think it's like apples and oranges, and so much better

A lot of these people will only remember there BBs without a touch screen and randomly crashing, a poor and slow browser, etc. So hard to fault anyone for liking the first all touch device they go to. And if your new and everyone has an iPhone you likely going to give it a try.

I think it's hard to go wrong with any smartphone today, I personally just prefer the BB10 user experience.

I think if BlackBerry can convert users in emerging markets to BB10 as their first all touch and/or smartphone experience they are going to be loyal for quite awhile.
    03-11-14 08:00 AM
    Usually people get intrigued when they see my modern, all touch screen phone and it says BlackBerry. So naturally they ask questions and I show them a few things like hub, active frames, keyboard, peak and flow gestures and basically just whatever they ask. Usually every time they get genuinely impressed with how fluid and capable it all is and think it's pretty cool and unique. But subconsciously they never consider the thought of owning a BlackBerry. Even after liking everything they've seen, we all just go back to what we are doing and no one gives BlackBerry a second thought and rightfully so.

Most people are more than satisfied (aside from bugs and issues every phone has) with what they have now, which usually is an iPhone or Samsung. I've said this many times before but unless BlackBerry does something so revolutionary that will make people double take and put the phone/OS on a stage, there is little reason to leave something you are invested and comfortable with for something that is only equally and sometimes less capable.

This is the problem with the current smartphone generation, we have reached somewhat of a plateau in innovation and until someone successfully breaks the current mold (like the original iPhone did), we'll continue to be in this plateau.
    This! Only something revolutionary will change things... everything being added feels gimmicky often.. I remember samsung's eye control thingy... that was ******* stupid. people complained about battery draining it's funny. My point is all the other features being introduced is not really make or break for the consumers yet

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:31 AM
    So I'm sitting in a meeting yesterday and a guy sees my BB on the table and picks it up to check it out. I watched for a few seconds while he looked at every surface and touched every button before I realized he had no idea how to turn it on. So I reached over and swiped it awake. Then he taps open BBW, and then I see this look of utter bewilderment on his face as I realize he can't figure out how to close it, minimize it, or somehow get back to the home screen. Unfortunately I couldn't take the time to show him the easy swipe gestures or demo the hub or anything else 'cos it was in the middle of a meeting. But next time, next time he gets the full lesson.
    03-11-14 09:44 AM
    Apple/Android has more apps but there are a lot of crap apps and apps that do the same thing.
    03-11-14 12:00 PM
    Keep the good work OP. Those "little things" addition finally make the biggest ones !
    03-11-14 01:01 PM
    Apple/Android has more apps but there are a lot of crap apps and apps that do the same thing.
    Are you telling me you don't use 30 different calculator apps? I think you should have one for each day of the month
    03-11-14 02:04 PM
    Are you telling me you don't use 30 different calculator apps? I think you should have one for each day of the month
    25 different alarms, 46 different meme maker

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:31 PM
    I'm sure the proportion of crap apps in BBW will be at the same rate, if not higher.
    03-11-14 02:34 PM
    Don't forget about all those hundreds of thousands of fart apps to keep you going daily for years.

25 different alarms, 46 different meme maker

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 03:27 PM
    Don't forget about all those hundreds of thousands of fart apps to keep you going daily for years.

Posted via CB10
    I need something to keep me entertained in class..you just don't understand

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 03:55 PM
    Nice. Glad you were able to show a few people the truth about your phone.
    Agreed, seeing as BB doesn't do the Marketing we need to do it!

I also convinced 3 iPhone users, where the contracts expire within the next 2 months to go for a BB Z30. They've already ordered it.

the funny thing what happened was:

After i quoted Mr. Chen: "iPhone users are wall huggers" i could see them looking down on their iPhone and becoming very dissappointed and i could literally see the glass-world shattering. Then they wanted to know more about BB and now BB has 3 new customers switched fro Apple. After everything happened now they're saying: There is only one good thing in(still) having an iPhone: You can sell the used phones for a very high price.

Keep moving, and I also mean keep convincing the ppl that BB is the better phone. Because it simply is.
    03-11-14 04:19 PM
    Agreed, seeing as BB doesn't do the Marketing we need to do it!

I also convinced 3 iPhone users, where the contracts expire within the next 2 months to go for a BB Z30. They've already ordered it.

the funny thing what happened was:

After i quoted Mr. Chen: "iPhone users are wall huggers" i could see them looking down on their iPhone and becoming very dissappointed and i could literally see the glass-world shattering. Then they wanted to know more about BB and now BB has 3 new customers switched fro Apple. After everything happened now they're saying: There is only one good thing in(still) having an iPhone: You can sell the used phones for a very high price.

Keep moving, and I also mean keep convincing the ppl that BB is the better phone. Because it simply is.
    LOL.

Why someone does not compile these anecdotes into an anthology is beyond me.
    03-11-14 05:10 PM
    To tell you the truth I would of never known about the Z30 if it wasn't for CB and I live in Canada. There has been no advertising that I have seen for this device so it doesn't surprise me that not many people know about the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76, stlabrat and CDM76 like this.
    03-11-14 05:44 PM
    To tell you the truth I would of never known about the Z30 if it wasn't for CB and I live in Canada. There has been no advertising that I have seen for this device so it doesn't surprise me that not many people know about the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Could have wrote the same thing word for word a out myself.

I don't know if it was a conscious decision or not, but I don't recall much out there about BB10 and The Z10 either. Most of my stuff came about as I was constantly doing research on the PlayBook and that is how I came across Crackberry and all the BB10 related info.
    03-11-14 06:07 PM
    I am not one to bring my phone to the table at a restaurant etc. as I feel it can be rude to ignore the others and click and flick on the phone but yesterday I broke my rule. I was sitting with the boys after hockey and had my Z30 sitting on the table.

Anyways one of the guys must have seen the BlackBerry on the front and asked if it was the Z10. Keep in mind I live in Canada and I assumed we weren't as mislead by the media regarding BlackBerry as for instance the US. But not only did they think BlackBerry was being sold or going out of business, they didn't even know the Z30 existed. It blew my mind! To me this is the best phone on the market for a number of reasons yet they have never heard of it.

He asked me why is it so big. I felt like saying "that what she...." oh nevermind. But I did feel like saying so it doesn't suck! I explained I like it mostly for video and readability.

I explained to them how after using BB10 I absolutely hate using the home button on my iPad, a total pain the ***. I quickly demonstrated the Hub and how I can access it from within any app in a couple of quick gestures. I showed the text prediction and swiping and they were impressed as well. I think some of the iPhone users love some of the iOS 7 new features like quick settings so I explained how BB10 has had it since the inception, including apps running in background as well.

Then of course came but they have no apps right? I said oh you mean like how apple and android have so many, they agreed. I kind of led them down the path and got to explain how you can download android apps directly and showed them my last screen which I have all android apps on (Snapchat, Netflix, instagram, etc.) Personally I don't use them because to access them they asked for everything except my SIN, mother maiden's name and the kitchen sink. I guess I should be happy they didnt ask for my soul as well.

Needless to say the guys seemed surprised and impressed with the brief intro to BB10. I think its time I got a little more Bold (pun intended) and start bringing my BB10 devices to the table..... time to spread the word, someone has to.

What misconceptions do you still see out there?

ok ok ok, I went to "The Source" (which was radioshack) in Canada here and asked if i could have a demo on the Z30 (I knew it was not in stores anywhere, but it was about having fun and bugging the employees). Now the question is out there and the employee said "what is the z30?" i told him it was the latest and greatest device from BlackBerry. He quickly stated he had never heard of such device and no they dont have one. I replied with "OMG what sort of training do you get here?". Then i called over the other employee working and started on him, "Hey this guy (first rep) needs a demotion he doesn't know what smartphones you have." The second rep replied, "well he cant actually get any lower." so i agreed, "your right he does work at "The Source". OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Damn!. lol i had fun.

also i went to target and asked about the z30 there. i was told i would not be able to get one except through Rogers wireless and have to order (which i am on rogers and got it 5 days later). The target employee was an avid BB user till the app gap, and no support for PB happened. He really wants me to bring in my z30 because at target the were trained on a virtual z30 and then told oh you will never see this device in our store for sale.
    that rep believes BB will be changing name again as well as CEO.

so there you go, BB is under rated by consumers, but BB has done a lot to hurt themselves over past 5 years.

thanks for reading. lol
    03-11-14 07:58 PM
    What are you talking about? What BlackBerry hate?

Is everyone who doesn't only have nice things to say about BlackBerry a hater?

BlackBerry isn't perfect and has a lot of problems right now. Many of which are of their own making. It's going to be a while before they are able to regain people's confidence.

Not singing BlackBerry's praises doesn't equate to hate. Get over it!

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    You've got to be kidding.

When somebody states the truth about what's going on, I'm fine with that.

When I get verbally attacked by simply pulling out my phone, I should just "get over it"? Seriously?

Not everyone here is an ignorant fan boy.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:02 AM
    ... And at the end of the day, we're still talking about a little handheld digital mobile device that..
    while it's a nice convenience, It's really not all that important in the grand scheme of things!
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-12-14 02:40 AM
    The OP is correct, If people still think that BlackBerry is going out of business they ARE misinformed.
    If anyones knows all the samsung models shocking, can't keep up. Q10 Z10 then Q5 Z30.
    When people see my Z30 they just ask is that the new BlackBerry. I have the best phone out and not because I can
    finally down load all the apps I craved.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-12-14 04:56 PM
    The OP is correct, If people still think that BlackBerry is going out of business they ARE misinformed.
    If anyones knows all the samsung models shocking, can't keep up. Q10 Z10 then Q5 Z30.
    When people see my Z30 they just ask is that the new BlackBerry. I have the best phone out and not because I can
    finally down load all the apps I craved.
    I agree people are misinformed and it's unfortunate. It's too bad the good news stories don't seem to make the headlines or resonate as much with the masses when they do.
    03-12-14 06:44 PM
    Nothig is awsm in BlackBerry 10 exept
    Hub, search and keypad

BHiNDER
    03-13-14 07:53 AM
    ... And at the end of the day, we're still talking about a little handheld digital mobile device that..
    while it's a nice convenience, It's really not all that important in the grand scheme of things!
    For once, I agree with you on something!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-13-14 08:37 AM
73 123