This is actually quite funny imo. I was googling around for news about RIM hiring College Humour as part of their advertising campaign when i came across this article (which i will not link).

Really? RIM Uses iPhone Users to ‘Blast’ Blackberry Naysayers
    On March 9, 2012, in iphone, by Juli

Has RIM been visiting with Samsung’s advertisers? First we had the Galaxy Note commercial where the iPhone user was too clueless to access any of the phone’s functionality, like apps and maps (yes, she couldn’t figure out how to get to and share a map). “My phone can’t do that!” she claims, multiple times during the misleading commercial.

The Samsung Note owner is young and hip, of course, which is obviously the target demographic. Now RIM is aiming to reach those younger users itself with its own ridiculous attempts at comedy.

As pointed out by Minyanville, RIM has launched a new “BBM Generation” site, featuring the cool looking youngsters Streeter and Amir, who are aiming to “shut down Blackberry trash talk” and put “Blackberry naysayers on blast.” What does that even mean?

The site also features the disjointed words “culture, celebrities, and contests,” in an attempt to draw in a younger crowd.

Streeter and Amir are actually professional comedy writers, from the well-known site College Humor. They’ve been hired by RIM to write some jokes for the dying brand that will draw in a younger demographic.

Oh, and did I mention that Streeter and Amir are actually iPhone users? Just take a look at a couple of their tweets, here and here, which were made with an iPhone. Shouldn’t you convince your new spokespeople to use actual Blackberry phones, RIM?

*see attached image

While this attempt at drumming up interest in the Blackberry brand is funny, it’s not funny in the way Blackberry wants it to be. It’s actually tending towards pathetic funny, which is just another nail in RIM’s coffin. “Young and hip” is simply not a trend that the company can pull off.

Even if this ad campaign did prove to be successful, RIM still has nothing for its young new followers to purchase – it is still at least six months away from the release of its Blackberry 10 devices. Good luck convincing those young adults to invest in products that are months old in the face of new releases from Android, Apple and Windows 8. Poor RIM. It’s almost painful to watch.

Source: ipadnews.nl
    Of course being an ipad news site i wasn't surprised that there was negative news about RIM. But I found it fishy that a company as big as RIM would make such a mistake. So i went digging.

see the 2nd attached image.

Clearly Amir is a BlackBerry user, seeing his tweet dating back in august 21st, 2011. The twitter account the site was showing isn't even his own account. It was just an account for his quotes, probably done by someone else. see "http://www.amirblumenfeld.com/". If you click on the twitter, you will see the account shown in my attached image. BUSTED.

Next, I went through Streeter's past tweets and indeed he was an iphone user. Note the word, "was". If you look at the image i have attached, his tweet, dated at March 8th 2012, is posted on a BlackBerry. Which bring me back to the article, and i quote again,
    "Oh, and did I mention that Streeter and Amir are actually iPhone users? Just take a look at a couple of their tweets, here and here, which were made with an iPhone. Shouldn’t you convince your new spokespeople to use actual Blackberry phones, RIM?" Which, is clearly not true. BUSTED.

Whether either of them is a BlackBerry lover is of no matter at this point. The point is that a site would go to the extend of reporting untrue information, just in order to diss RIM. There is clearly no way this was a mistake, or lack of research on their part, as when you search twitter for Amir, there is only 2 accounts, and the one the site mentioned was named @QuotesbyAmir. Which is clearly not someone's personal account. Next, they deliberately chose an older tweet which showed Streeter as an iPhone user where his recent tweets starting march 8th 2012 was posted by a BlackBerry. The article was dated March 9th.

I can completely understand when a Apple fansite reports negative news about RIM, I mean RIM does have a few things that even us as fans can complain about. But the site that i mentioned went to the extend to distorting facts and create false allegations towards RIM. If they were reporting negative, but actual and factual news, i wouldn't have bothered to post this long thread at all. I mean what has RIM done to the person who wrote this in order for him/her to want RIM to fail so badly? hahaha. Or is the getting more hits more important than reporting based on facts? or is researching thoroughly before you post something on the world wide web to back up your claim no longer necessary?

hahaha. Anyway, i got a good laugh out of this. I hope you do too.
    ipadnews.nlBUSTED
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 03-11-12 at 11:42 PM.
    03-11-12 11:33 PM
    it is what it is. garbage..lol
    03-11-12 11:56 PM
    You're a Private Detective in your spare time. I'm more of a couch potato. Good work.
    03-12-12 12:00 AM
    Thanks for starting the week off with a pretty wild post. Good thing us BB fans are completely honest and unbiased.
    03-12-12 12:02 AM
    Well done inspector Watson.

This happens all the time. As sad as it is. It's the same as Apple signing developers to make apps exclusively for Apple, then Apple rubs it in your face that they have more apps than the competitor. It's all a dirty game. In their world it's all about profits. They will walk over their own grandmother just to make an extra buck. It could be someone working with Apple but i doubt it. Crazy Tech bloggers are so blind they will post anything.

Last edited by VanCity778; 03-12-12 at 12:20 AM.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-12-12 12:05 AM
    I like that shirt.

Damn, I have got to get some (other dangerous cult name) shirts printed. This is gonna be inspirationally perfect!

Nice bust! HA!
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-12-12 03:58 AM
    Great Find OP. This is the type of bashing that just has no place. But, as sad as it is to say, this is what generates hits. We're lucky that our site Crackberry does not bash other sites.

At least we get a Moral Victory there.
    03-12-12 08:10 AM
    Isn't that what you should expect from iLover websites though?
    03-12-12 08:34 AM
    Yes and if no one cares about RIM or what they do and say they are no competition then why would they even bother saying anything about them.

Good one OP.
    anon(3896606) and Alex_Hong like this.
    03-12-12 09:11 AM
    Yes and if no one cares about RIM or what they do and say they are no competition then why would they even bother saying anything about them.

Good one OP.
    Great Point. I do find it interesting that the more people want to say that BlackBerry is dying, the more they find themselves talking about it. I'm still confused as to why people write about them with as much zeal as they do for BlackBerry's Demise.

I'm reasonably certain that these people could certainly use their time better by just writing about the perks and assets of their own platform.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-12-12 09:28 AM

Good one OP.
    Or it could just be that the story gets page views. It's hard to say which is at the root here without additional information.
    03-12-12 09:30 AM
    I'm reasonably certain that these people could certainly use their time better by just writing about the perks and assets of their own platform.
    They've got BB fans on CrackBerry talking about an Apple fan site, which to me explains why the story was posted. It's not hard to figure out; Apple fans eat it up and BB fans get riled up.
    howarmat and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    03-12-12 09:32 AM
    They've got BB fans on CrackBerry talking about an Apple fan site, which to me explains why the story was posted. It's not hard to figure out; Apple fans eat it up and BB fans get riled up.

This is absolutely correct. Blogs do this kind of junk all the time. If you post a blatantly false or even misleading post, fans will love it, or they will hate it (depending on what is said). Bottom line is, you will get hits.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-12-12 09:36 AM
    This is absolutely correct. Blogs do this kind of junk all the time. If you post a blatantly false or even misleading post, fans will love it, or they will hate it (depending on what is said). Bottom line is, you will get hits.
    Exactly, us BlackBerry users just have to learn to live with it... Sadly.
    03-12-12 10:09 AM
    Exactly, us BlackBerry users just have to learn to live with it... Sadly.
    As the old saying goes, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. If you take this stuff for what it is, there's no reason to let it bother you.
    03-12-12 10:28 AM
    As the old saying goes, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. If you take this stuff for what it is, there's no reason to let it bother you.
    That quote goes exactly with this situation...
    03-12-12 10:32 AM
    They've got BB fans on CrackBerry talking laughing about an Apple fan site, which to me explains why the story was posted. It's not hard to figure out; Apple fans eat it up and BB fans get riled up.
    Fixed it for you.

I know I am not a journalist but in the day and age where anyone with a PC and internet connection is an "analyst" - articles like this just prove to further discredit the author. And with all the ruckus it has caused on these forums (and I use that term as a term of endearment) - they generated 1 page hit.
    03-12-12 11:53 AM
    Fixed it for you.

I know I am not a journalist but in the day and age where anyone with a PC and internet connection is an "analyst" - articles like this just prove to further discredit the author. And with all the ruckus it has caused on these forums (and I use that term as a term of endearment) - they generated 1 page hit.
    Now that you mention this, it makes sense who all the "analysts" are that BGR quotes every day, and why every prediction they make ends up being wrong.
    03-12-12 01:04 PM
    Now that you mention this, it makes sense who all the "analysts" are that BGR quotes every day, and why every prediction they make ends up being wrong.
    Like the Feb release of OS2?

Say what you want about BGR, but when it comes to Blackberry, they've been right more often than not.
    03-12-12 01:11 PM
    Um...I'm staring at a Tweet on Amir's timeline that is labelled as posted from Twitter for iPhone. November 11. There's also a lot of tweets labelled as from the web.

When I tweet or update Facebook from my iPhone, it's labelled as posted from the web.

Now to be fair the November 11 tweet is a Rick Fox retweet so I'm wondering if the Twitter API links his retweet from the originating OS.

I guess my other question is that did you not have anything better to do with the time it took you to research this? I mean, my quick sweep took me from 2:12 - 2:17 pm so no skin off my nose, but you appear to have taken hours to investigate this.

Also, sorry, but RIM hiring comedy writers to attack RIM critics is...lame. If it's true.

Posted from my BB9900 from Tapatalk.
    03-12-12 01:20 PM
    Like the Feb release of OS2?

Say what you want about BGR, but when it comes to Blackberry, they've been right more often than not.
    He basically had a 1/12 chance of being right with several months to be excluded given what the current date was. So you a fan of his? LOL!
    03-12-12 01:41 PM
    Also, sorry, but RIM hiring comedy writers to attack RIM critics is...lame. If it's true.

Posted from my BB9900 from Tapatalk.
    and so are people with no sense of humor.
    03-12-12 01:42 PM
    He basically had a 1/12 chance of being right with several months to be excluded given what the current date was. So you a fan of his? LOL!
    More like a 1/infinite chance of being right, since he said February 2012, not just February.

If you are going to mock my posts, at least be factual about it.
    03-12-12 01:45 PM
    More like a 1/infinite chance of being right, since he said February 2012, not just February.

If you are going to mock my posts, at least be factual about it.
    How does one factually mock ones post? So OS 2 was coming in 2013? What a ridiculous statement. Any person with at least 1 functioning brain cell could have told you it was coming in 2012. Since you think he is some kind of farseer - when exactly is Samsung going to buy RIM? Yeah - he's totally right. LOL!
    03-12-12 01:51 PM
    And I just spent a minute on Google...

Seems BGR reported the Feb 2012 release on Oct 25, 2011.

PlayBook OS 2.0 in mid-February, BBM support still a struggle for RIM

Want to know who else announced the Feb release on Oct 25th?

An Update on BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Yes - it takes genius to copy and paste
    03-12-12 01:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD