Let me clarify, the Deep South ends somewhere in South Georgia to North Florida. Once you hit North Florida, the further South you drive, the more Northern psyche it becomes...
    Good to know, thank you. That might keep me from embarrassing generalizations in the future.

I can see it, though. Some of you Floridians are even aware that us Canadians don't live in igloos.
    09-25-18 10:13 AM
    Good to know, thank you. That might keep me from embarrassing generalizations in the future.

I can see it, though. Some of you Floridians are even aware that us Canadians don't live in igloos.
    Igloos? I have a mental image of Dudley Do-right, moose and dog-sleds...
    09-25-18 12:35 PM
    For me it's Bob and Doug McKenzie on The Great White North.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-25-18 12:53 PM
    For me it's Bob and Doug McKenzie on The Great White North.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Hyark! A classic!
    09-25-18 03:33 PM
    These days it's really only moose - not too many dog-sleds around, although people do race them. Mostly Ski-Doos now.

Dudley Do-right has rather faded - the RCMP is a pretty modern police force and sadly not as respected as it once was. They've had some problems in the last couple of decades.
    09-25-18 03:35 PM
    Is it feasible for BlackBerry to continue to support BB10 devices on a subscription basis?
    11-12-18 01:01 AM
    Is it feasible for BlackBerry to continue to support BB10 devices on a subscription basis?
    What level of support, and to what end?

The last BB10 device was the Leap in the Spring of 2015. Ages ago in tech terms. And even it was still based on a CPU from 2013.

The numbers of BB10 devices are dwindling every month. To keep an office open with support staff going costs money. A lot.

You willing to pay thousands of dollars a month to BlackBerry? And more, as the numbers drop?

I don't know the actual numbers, but I'm sure Troy could come back and spell it out - as he's done many times already.
    11-12-18 07:08 AM
    Makes alot more sense to support BBMo's device business, as while the KEY devices won't give you that BB10 feel, they sure as hell are closer to the BlackBerry experience than a notched glass on glass phablet ever will be.
    11-12-18 08:26 AM
    NO it is not.
    11-12-18 09:49 AM
    How do you set a subscription price that will continue to cover costs (and a small profit, because why do it otherwise?) when you have a userbase that is rapidly declining and has no chance of growing? If it costs $30/month this month with 100,000 users, what happens in 3 months when the user count drops to 75,000? And 3 months after that when it drops to 50,000? Will people pay $60/month for something that was $30/month 6 months before? No, it's very obvious that that won't work.

Corporations may pay those kinds of fees, but consumers won't.

BB is happy to let BB10 die - there is frankly zero corporate desire to have it live, as it only generates costs, no profits - and there's not even any potential for it to even cover those costs.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-12-18 01:56 PM
    I have decided that I am willing to pay up to $3000.00 for a mobile device from BB, using the BB OS. I do not like the android or apple options. "Deep sigh" Another desperate hail for the return of Blackberry.
    Ohh really!! Should've bought the P9983 when it came out, was closer to your mentioned price point.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-12-18 03:44 PM
161 ... 567