I recently backed up my 9900 onto a new laptop(Windows 7). Having installed BB Desktop, every time I turn on the computer a new window appears at startup which is totally minimized; has the BB logo and the words "HiddenWindow" on it. When maximized it is just a blank screen with no apparent purpose. Now I'm paranoid this is some kind of sophisticated virus. Anybody know that this is?

Phil
    02-19-12 07:40 PM
    I dunno what it is. I doubt its a Virus. Go into windows manger and see if any desktop manager is running.
    Do you shut down the pc or just put to sleep? Try uninstalling/reinstalling the desktop manager.
    02-19-12 08:08 PM
    It's a hook program that RIM runs as a service to help the device connect to the PC easier. Don't stress out about it.
    PhilTasco likes this.
    02-19-12 10:59 PM
    It's a hook program that RIM runs as a service to help the device connect to the PC easier. Don't stress out about it.
    Oh thanks for this I'm relieve..
    02-20-12 02:05 AM
    Thanks for the sign of relief--it seems to have stopped happening now that I have rebooted the laptop several times. With Windows you just hate to see mysterious windows popping open!
    02-24-12 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD