I recently switched to the EVO on 1 of my lines and was wondering what happens to my blackberry.net email since I am not using a blackberry anymore. Does RIM automatically deactivate the email address? If I wanted to switch back to a blackberry would it still be available? Anyone out there come accross this before?
    11-15-10 04:53 AM
    It goes away. You will not be able to access it. It's possible (if it is still available when you want return) that you will be able to re-associate it with your BlackBerry at that time but all the previous emails will be gone.
    11-15-10 05:50 AM
    Ok, thank you. Do you know if its instantly deleted once the blackberry is no longer active or there is some kind of grace period?
    11-15-10 12:31 PM
    You can ALWAYS reactivate it. Im pretty sure they have a grace period. When I stopped using my blackberry for a few months, my account looked as though it was deleted but when I called RIM, the guy said it was still there and reset my password (just in case..) and all my mailboxes were syncing as before.
    11-15-10 02:50 PM
    You won't be able to reactivate it if someone else has taken it in your absence.
    11-15-10 05:02 PM
    I had to just swapped my Torch for another Torch and in trying to set up all my settings again, it's making me create a NEW blackberry.net email. Can't I use the one I just had with my old phone? I see no way to "log in" to that one and it won't let me create it again since it's still apparently 'registered' to my old model. Any help on this?
    11-19-10 08:42 PM
    I'll just delete the blackberry.net e-mail and make another one. I had zero problems with migrating my bb e-mail address from my pearl 8130 to my 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 09:00 PM
    I had to just swapped my Torch for another Torch and in trying to set up all my settings again, it's making me create a NEW blackberry.net email. Can't I use the one I just had with my old phone? I see no way to "log in" to that one and it won't let me create it again since it's still apparently 'registered' to my old model. Any help on this?
    Call your Carrier

maybe you are not going to the right spot to re-associate the blackberry.net address I've moved mine through multiple blackberry's with no issues
    11-20-10 07:17 PM
    the BIS account (and emails) should not change, just the BB linked to it

if you are able to make a new .net email then you already have a new BIS account so im with deRusset on calling your carrier so they can try to recover it
    11-20-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD