My dad has an 8700G, and we are looking for ways to get rid of our landline. Is there a way to have faxes go to his BlackBerry?
    05-20-09 11:56 PM
    Try efax. They convert faxes to email and send them. I don't see a reason they wouldn't work on BB, though graphic images might not be the greatest. But for texts, why not?
    05-21-09 12:03 AM
    I must be tired... Saw the thread title and the first thought I had was "sorry buddy you'd have a tough time trying to feed a 'berry through the document scanner on a fax machine!" the real answer you your question is I don't know... Worst case nothing happens and the fax fails to send. Best case is that there is some sort of app out there that can work with faxes. No idea though, sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:04 AM
    I must be tired... Saw the thread title and the first thought I had was "sorry buddy you'd have a tough time trying to feed a 'berry through the document scanner on a fax machine!" the real answer you your question is I don't know... Worst case nothing happens and the fax fails to send. Best case is that there is some sort of app out there that can work with faxes. No idea though, sorry!

LMAO, I thought the same thing!
    05-21-09 12:14 AM
    efax would be the way to do it, which would convert your faxes in a pdf format, that is, if the 8700 can render pdf's, then you are good to go. if it cant, upgrade that old fart.
    05-21-09 12:20 AM
    LMAO, I thought the same thing!
    Heehee. I thought the same thing as you guys.

05-21-09 12:24 AM
    I thought the same thing and felt stupid haha. "Why would you put your BlackBerry in a fax machine?"
    05-21-09 12:45 AM
    Glad it wasn't just me with that image in my head!

05-21-09 01:16 AM

LMAO. You aren't alone. I thought the same thing.

05-21-09 03:53 AM
    there are plenty of services available (one poster suggested efax, I'm sure there are others) that provide a fax number and convert received faxes to emailed documents, most of these services also let you send faxes, by sending an email to a specific email address -> it converts it and sends as a fax.
    05-21-09 04:13 AM
    i do believe there is a way
    05-21-09 04:27 AM
    Lol I thought you just fed you BB to some copier or smth .. LoooooL

anyways check these out
    1. How to Send a Fax on a Blackberry | eHow.com

2. Download Cortado Fax for BlackBerry 4.2 Free trial - Forward attachments, create and send faxes
    05-21-09 04:33 AM

lol, i actually had the same thought. guess that means i'm tired too..
    05-21-09 06:57 AM

sadly I read the title and thought the same exact thing.
    05-21-09 07:09 AM
    While I didn't think about putting my Storm through the fax machine... it did make me wonder what a scan would look like if I put it on the flat bed scanner of my MFP! Could I capture a decent "screen shot" when I want to document something on this Storm screwing up AGAIN? I'll have to try it and see.

THANKS for the idea!
    05-21-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD