And nobody else wants to buy?

lol everyone here seems to assume the sale has already gone through?
    09-25-13 12:53 PM
    A company like Fairfax Financial doesn't make an offer they aren't sure they can back.. I don't beleive there is any danger of them not being able to put the deal together so long as they remain willing.. in regards to whether or not they choose to proceed with the deal after the due diligence period.. That's a more legitimate concern, as there doesn't appear to be any other suitors at the moment.. BUT.. seeing as Prem was a member of the board up until 2 month ago.. I'd be fairly surprised if they uncovered anything he wasn't already expecting..

I believe the deal is going to happen.. but nobody has a crystal ball.
    KDB84 likes this.
    09-25-13 01:00 PM
    I suppose there are a number of scenarios. None of them are good. More quarter by quarter bad news, more layoffs, draining of the cash, share price in free fall. Probably the best case scenario would be being able to take the company where Fairfax presumably wants to go, i.e., a stripped down enterprise solutions company.
    09-25-13 01:03 PM
    A company like Fairfax Financial doesn't make an offer they aren't sure they can back..
    One has to wonder, though, why there was no commitment letter from a bank as is usually the case in a buyout announcement. Even a moderately wishy washy one expressing confidence that the buyer will obtain financing.
    09-25-13 01:12 PM