If BB cancels their hardware business, what happens to the millions of classic owners? Who would service current blackberry hardware owners?
    04-02-16 12:43 PM
    BlackBerry.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    04-02-16 12:46 PM
    After sales service will be available. They will not abandon the service support. Having said that September 2016 financial results will determine the fate of hardware business. At this moment IMO it is too early to speculate anything.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    04-02-16 01:49 PM
    Source Globe and Mail Apr 2ND. ...Mr. Chen placed the blame for sagging handset sales partly on poor consumer pickup and promised to push more into direct sales to business clients. He also outlined plans to release a second, cheaper, BlackBerry handset powered by Android that might retail for $350. He described it as being in the mould of 2013�s Z30, which would indicate a fully touchscreen device with no physical keyboard.
    04-02-16 02:21 PM
    I think 70% software and 30% hardware (as what chen said in that post on crackberry from india) is a pretty good way to keep revenue coming in mostly from SaaS, hardware is secondary. That is how I would run things if I was CEO of blackberry.
    04-08-16 01:41 AM
    If BB cancels their hardware business, what happens to the millions of classic owners? Who would service current blackberry hardware owners?
    Faulty premise for your question. There are NOT millions of Classic owners.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, andy957, Eumaeus and 1 others like this.
    04-08-16 01:45 AM
    Hum!! If they decide to get out of the hardware business what do we do???? We move on, end of story!!!!
    wilber1, RoseBud68, web99 and 4 others like this.
    04-08-16 04:53 AM
    Millions? You have to be joking...
    04-08-16 07:21 AM
    I think they will lose a lot of they do that. All big companies are trying to give end-to-end solutions when it comes to security. BlackBerry did well increasing their software portfolio they need to do that in the hardware business too and not only mobile phones

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 07:54 AM
    Source Globe and Mail Apr 2ND. ...Mr. Chen placed the blame for sagging handset sales partly on poor consumer pickup and promised to push more into direct sales to business clients. He also outlined plans to release a second, cheaper, BlackBerry handset powered by Android that might retail for $350. He described it as being in the mould of 2013�s Z30, which would indicate a fully touchscreen device with no physical keyboard.
    If that's true that be awesome if they release z30 version running Android but most likely I ll have moved on to another phone like the S7. But, we ll see.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:09 AM
    I doubt that they will sell or discontinue their hardware business but I am not expecting them to release more than 1 phone a year anymore. Think there will be another android one this year and possibly a updated classic bb10 next year...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:12 AM
    a good personal stock keeps you running for ages... LOL
    What happens if Blackberry cancels their hardware business?-bb-lot.jpg

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    04-08-16 08:18 AM
    I doubt that they will sell or discontinue their hardware business but I am not expecting them to release more than 1 phone a year anymore. Think there will be another android one this year and possibly a updated classic bb10 next year...

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Classic, Passport and Leap are all we will see for BlackBerry 10.

Hope to see another cheaper Android device.

Not worried about my Priv. Android is not going anywhere.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-08-16 08:20 AM
    You'll probably see minor BB10 software updates for the next year or two, stuff to fix huge security bugs, although features won't be added. You'll also see third and first-party apps slowly being abandoned and some services may stop working once APIs are changed. That could happen with a device bought in 2015 or 2016, effectively cutting the usable life by a few years, whereas most iOS and Android devices from the same year would still be supported.

Ask the WebOS and Symbian users how they felt when they were stuck with abandoned platforms...
    04-08-16 08:25 AM
    Faulty premise for your question. There are NOT millions of Classic owners.
    Ronindan and IndianTiwari like this.
    04-08-16 05:29 PM
    I'd honestly rather see them sell it, than cancel it altogether. Maybe somebody else might do a better job with BlackBerry??
    04-08-16 07:42 PM
    I'd honestly rather see them sell it, than cancel it altogether. Maybe somebody else might do a better job with BlackBerry??
    I'd imagine that some company would pick up the PKB hardware business.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 01:07 AM
    I'd imagine that some company would pick up the PKB hardware business. Posted via CB10
    But nothing compares to BlackBerry physical keyboards. :3
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    04-09-16 01:26 AM
    I would rather have BlackBerry stop making devices for the meantime and concentrate solely on the software and services side of their business. This will stop the bleeding. When profitability is back and financially stable, as well as the timing is right, then produce another device.

🔥 📶
    04-09-16 02:27 AM
    Weren't they up for sale once already and no one was interested?
    Ronindan likes this.
    04-09-16 07:34 AM
    We all move on and BlackBerry will be a software house.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-10-16 03:34 PM
    We all move on and BlackBerry will be a software house.

Posted via CB10
    Very few in the CB community can move on from anything.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and whatsever like this.
    04-10-16 05:50 PM
    Very few in the CB community can move on from anything.
    Many would probably refuse a life raft on a sinking ship.

"This is the best ship ever! Glug, glug"
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-10-16 05:53 PM
    Us users and device-lovers will be shafted, but the stock market gamblers will still have a chance of getting some dividend at least.

Some other manufacturer may get a clear shot to release QWERTY devices, or keyboard add-ons (like the one for iPhone), they might as well if BlackBerry no longer even bother to sell devices any more.
    04-10-16 05:56 PM
    Will potential customers consider purchasing a BlackBerry smartphone, when Chen speculated that they may get out of the hardware business. Bad strategy.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 04:23 PM
29 12