your BB runs out of free memory? does it implode, causing a black hole that will actually cause the end of the world unlike the ones the LHC is possibly going to produce? Or, will it just die a slow painful death? or stop operating and come back to life when you pull the battery? just curious, as to what's going to happen since I've got everything running that I can on my Pearl.

so in addition to the slow memory leaks I have (that increase with time) I decided to leave pretty much everything running. so far I have this much free:

09-15-08 03:19 PM
    You are definitely in the danger zone. Any time file free drops below 12 000 000 bytes, you are in danger of losing your call logs, SMS messages, and past appointments. That's what the memory manager sacrifices to try to get operating room.

The solution is to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Forum Moderator Reed McLay wrote it to guide you through the process of removing the stuff you don't need that's wasting your space. It's well worth your time to do it.
    09-15-08 03:25 PM
    Jeff is giving some great advice. I used that procedure he has linked and it did wonders for my slow moving pearl. Definately somthing you should do.
    09-15-08 03:42 PM
    thanks for the tips. I don't have a problem with freeing memory. I was curious what happened when the free bytes were gone.
    09-15-08 04:09 PM
    thanks for the tips. I don't have a problem with freeing memory. I was curious what happened when the free bytes were gone.
    Simple. You can either free up some memory yourself, or your Berry will do it for you. Guess which option you're gonna like better?
    09-15-08 04:34 PM
    You'll even be stopped from loading programs after a point. I tried to load up on stuff I wanted to test and I had the space for a program but I couldn't install it because I didn't have enough space. I don't know where the cut off is but there is one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 04:47 PM
    Simple. You can either free up some memory yourself, or your Berry will do it for you. Guess which option you're gonna like better?
    ROFL

That's like the threat my mother used to make - you can tidy your room or I'll do it for you
    09-15-08 04:54 PM
    Pearls sure don't have much memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 05:13 PM

We know all about that, it has happened many times.

When you reach 0, sms messages will appear and vanish before you can read them. The hour glass will appear continuously and you will experience dropped calls.

Nothing beats having plenty of free memory. Your device has it, but it is being used for sample videos, sample music, sample pics and corporate software support.

Removing them will free up enough memory for smooth operation.

Jeff's suggested link, The MOP, will help, a lot.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-15-08 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD